“Nice place, I highly recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viktoria Palace Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Viktoria Palace Hotel
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice place, I highly recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we had to follow another guest in the security dood because we arrived late and nobody was working the front desk. After we followed another guest in we had to get our own room keys that were there waiting for us with our name attached. Now some people might have found this entire process bothersome but we thought it added to the charm and it gave us some good stories to tell. Our room was very nice. Elegant and charming and the bed was very comfortable and we even had a balcony with a view of Venice and the beautiful garden. The breakfast was very nice but a bit limited. All in all I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wasn't sure what we were going to get when I booked this hotel. Overall we were very please w/the accommodations and breakfast. However, the internet connectivity is horrid and horribly slow. Our only other complaint was finding out after it had been booked and paid for that there was a 6E per day city tax. I don't like financial surprises no matter how small they are. I felt they should have told us about this on check-in. It was actually only a fluke that we even stopped at the desk when we were leaving or we would not have known about this tax since we thought everything had already been paid for.
It is a very quiet location, but easily accessible. Room is well appointed. Bed maybe a bit hard for me, but good for hubby.
Breakfast was adequate. Nothing wonderful, but totally acceptable and decent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexFrenchy
Lisbon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I wasn’t able to stay in this hotel, because when I was in my way to the Hotel I had a big problem with my car and I wasn’t able to continue my trip. I informed the hotel of what happened and send them proofs of the situation, but they didn’t care they ignored me for about 2 weeks and took the money from my credit card and didn’t even allow me to use part of it for a future reservation. So even if I didn’t stay there, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel.

They don’t have any consideration for their clients; they just want their money at any cost.
So, don’t give your credit card number to this Hotel, they will take your money no matter what happens to you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nathalie_cb

Travellers are raving about these Lido di Venezia hotels

Newbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Having an unexpected extra day on Lido due to the car ferry strike we were very lucky to have a night at the Viktoria Palace.Hotel. The staff were very helpful, our room overlooking the Lido was delightfull, and the gardens very peacefull to sit in. Roberto the chef cooked us a fantastic fish supper, and the Maitre D,did everything to make our stay a very happy one. We will certainly return there, if we go o Lido again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeirdreNewbury
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had to book at the last minute and this hotel was all we could find. We hoped it would be nice. The hotel itself is beautiful, but a lot of issues added up to make it not the most pleasant stay unfortunately. For example, we hoped to stay inside the main building, and to their credit they did offer us a choice for a "smaller" inside room, but we were given a room outside behind the main building. It seemed okay to take this location as you could sit outside your room in comfortable love seats placed in front of each room. We ended up happy, at least in terms of comfort, with our choice though it would have been nice to know to expect this. The outside area is visually appealing and well kept. While we weren't there to just use wifi, still we needed to make calls and check on things back home from time to time, but the wireless was just terrible. Even if you took your device and sat in the lobby! Even though there is a router placed outside by these rooms, but it does not seem to be able handle the presumed numerous requests it must be receiving. If you do get online it is very slow. They simply do not have enough bandwidth for a hotel this size. On the second day we decided to rest after breakfast before heading over to Venice. Without knocking, I repeat, without knocking, the manager (owner?) of the hotel opened the door to our room and was about to head in!! That was pretty uncomfortable (though it could have been MUCH, MUCH worse) and no apology was offered whatsoever. Back to the first night of our stay, we were told during our evening arrival that dinner was STILL being served and we could make reservations for it. We returned three minutes later to make "reservations", deciding after our seven hour drive there to just go ahead and eat there, and was told to just go on in and be seated. We ordered our food, and though uncrowded it all came rather slowly. The waiter did not even bother to come and collect plates, offer dessert, or bring the bill. When we brought all of this to his attention, he, well, had us sign the bill. Had he been paying attention at all, he could have let us have a normal/complete dining experience from beginning to end, and made us feel welcome and our business appreciated, instead we felt neglected and were highly disappointed - this was supposed to be a special, romantic trip for us, but this meal, well, messed that up! There was no need for this. He was in fact clearing all the tables next to us, and verbally responding to our requests for service, just not following through with them. Yes, it was a long day, and perhaps he wanted to do his closing duties and leave, but still, this is no way to treat guests. If he was watching the time he could have given us proper service instead of running out the clock essentially. (He could have said "the kitchen will be closing soon, may I take your dessert/coffee order now?", for example.) After the disappointing service/meal, we ended up walking (about 15 minutes) over to the main part of Lido to have dessert and drinks. (We wanted to end our special night on a good note though it was a lot more time/effort after a long day!) Had we known what the dinner at the hotel would be like we would have just headed straight over to the main part of Lido and not eaten dinner at the hotel at all. Oh, if you do have to eat there, I would not recommend the shrimp cocktail. It comes in a pale creamy sauce that tastes just awful, and I'm NOT a picky eater at all. Oh, and that reminds me, I nearly punctured my skin opening all the other seafood we ordered - would have been nice if they'd offered some tools and extra napkins to help with this a bit. Be careful what you order! It might be a lot more WORK than the flavor makes it worth the effort! ;) Lastly, and not least, did I mention the flooding? While the bathroom and shower are new and just beautiful, the shower did not drain well and flooded the entire room and was heading into the bedroom too! My partner and I went ahead and wiped it all up ourselves and plunged the drain ourselves, but...well, we just had to laugh at our misfortune and the irony of being flooded out in Venice.

Room Tip: We only saw the outside rooms, they say they are more spacious. They are nice. The AC noise could be...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Venice is intoxicating and in the heat of the summer can be overwhelming. This small hotel, located at the end of the road in Lido was just perfect for us. It was an oasis of calm which I would thoroughly recommend.

Firstly, staying on Lido means a vaporreto trip every day into Venice and back. We didn't find this inconvenient at all since if we were staying in Venice proper it would be a considerable trek through labyrinthine lanes back to base anyhow. You will have to watch times late at night though unless you want to swim home! Lido is much more peaceful, verdant and calm. You do need to catch a regular service bus (price included on the public transport pass) from the boat terminal to the hotel, or walk for about 20 minutes along a straight road which can be punishing at the height of summer. Lido itself is a nice place to spend an evening away from Venice, with a decent range of restaurants, bars and pizzeria catering to Italian holidaymakers. (We noticed though that one or two outdoor bars became plagued by mosquitoes at dusk.)

The Viktoria Palace is a characterful hotel set in its own trim gardens. It is a lovely setting just yards from the water's edge. The rooms are individual and do not have that sterile, identikit feel of modern hotel chains. We had a small balcony which overlooked the garden, from where we could watch the liners, a stone's throw away, sail into Venice.The beds were comfortable and the bathroom pristine,

Breakfast was substantial by Italian standards and served on the garden terrace which was one of those breakfasts you'll always remember because of the setting. Staff were helpful.

The romantic tourist will feel the urge to book somewhere in the heart of Venice. The Viktoria Palace however, in my opinion, is excellent value and offers the advantage of a bit of calm which allows you to take in Venice with a bit of perspective.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony onto the water
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marvellousmarvin
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

On check in (late evening) we arrived. There was no Welcome" no "Hello". It was "Name?" not even "Name please". My card was then hastily and very rudely taken and swiped. The Receptionist looked at us as if we were dirt and that's exactly how he made us feel. I was so upset that our first night in the most romantic city in Earth was so easily ruined. He later served us at the Bar, despite clearly not wanting to. The guest who arrived after us was a young lady and I saw her experience the same horribly rude treatment. I felt for very sorry for her.
At 7ish am in the morning, the Maid were laughing and shouting in the hallways. It was almost as if they were seeing who could be the loudest. They went on for an hour before I went down for breakfast and have her a few choice words reminding her that this was a hotel and not a disco. We went down to breakfast and the most rancid coffee I've every drank and plotted our day. The only saving grace was the daytime Reception guy, who was very nice and helpful. The hotel is nice enough, nothing extraordinary, the view is nice but the who place is an island and the view is nice everywhere. The hotel is a long way out from the others, a good 20 min walk. I wouldn't stay here for free and I have no idea why this place has been rated so highly, I saw the Trip Advisor award in the Reception and we all just laughed at it. Theres nobody in the breakfast room or excuse for a bar smiling, not one, something I've never seen before. Stay at you own risk, you have been warned.

• Stayed June 2013