Well for a start this 'hotel' isnt in Venice, its a boat ride followed by a good walk or bus journey which can be very expensive. Although public transport is very frequent and convenient. Dont get a taxi it will cost you alot!
The hotel is a box, a pretty basic and empty box. I had to go to a shop to buy a special 3 plug adaptor (linear not triangle) to get any electric as there isnt a single plug socket in your room however a shaving socket in the bathroom.
There wasnt any staff to be seen after breakfast so dont expect any service, however our brief interactions were friendly.
Vegitarians are very welcome at the hotel as no pigs were harmed in the making of breakfast- you wont even get a smell of bacon on a morning. Very continental breakfast.
Lido itself where the hotel is may be nice however has one main street and dont hang around everything shuts at 10 ish.
Venice is beautiful! Well worth the trip gorgeous buildings with amazing history and stories.
Verdict- go to Venice at any cost but stay in Venice itself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the suggestive scenario of Lido di Venezia, the romantic Villa Albertina Hotel offers you comfortable rooms close to the beach and the center of the prestigious International Film Festival. At the Villa Albertina you will enjoy the cozy atmosphere of our family business run by Amedeo and Nicole, inside a fully restored building from the early 10th Century. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Albertina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Albertina Hotel Venice
- Villa Albertina Province Of Venice, Italy