“Slightly off the beaten Venice-path--but convenient!”
Review of Villa Laguna

Villa Laguna
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
New York, NY
“Slightly off the beaten Venice-path--but convenient!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My 13 year old nephew and I were hoping for a little beach time on a recent trip to Venice, which is why we chose to stay on the Lido. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate, but the Villa Laguna proved an extremely convenient and beautiful spot, anyway--our gorgeous suite, with sumptuous Italian fabrics and a separate living room (and L' Occitane products in the bathroom) and the amazing breakfast room with floor to ceiling lagoon views were worth the extra 10 minutes it takes to get to the heart of Venice (St. Marks). We would have loved the place even more had the sun come out--the back deck is spectacular. But the proximity to the vaporetto (3 minute walk) makes this hotel a good choice whatever the weather. The restaurant was excellent (if a tad pricey for dinner), and the English speaking staff quick to show the shortest routes on the map to get anywhere. We took advantage of a free shuttle to the Murano glass factory; watching the brief demonstration was amazing, but save your glass purchases for Venice proper--it was tough to find anything to buy under 100 euros.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank romewriter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I can't believe I haven't gotten round to writing this review yet.

I stayed in April 2012 for four nights and it was the most gorgeous hotel location I have ever stayed at. We were in a top floor room/suite with a lagoon view and boy was it beautiful. Every sunset, every sunrise you could see across the lagoon to Venice, crystal clear sparkling waters and the most beautiful architecture you can imagine.

The hotel staff were amazing, couldn't do enough to advise, assist and make sure the stay was perfect. Free map and travel tips when we checked in and the staff were incredibly talented with their language skills.

The room itself was actually a suite with huge bedroom, ample storage, lovely modern fitted bathroom and a lounge/kitchen area. You can pay a small charge to have the kitchenette unlocked for your stay but with all the great local cuisine we didn't feel the need to.

The breakfast was a large selection of the typical European pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals and fresh coffee. Very ample and something for everyone. The best thing about breakfast for me was staring across to the Alps!

The hotel was incredibly convenient - only a 2 minute walk from the waterbus station and the 15-20 minute crossing to Venice made the holiday even more enjoyable for us - an authentic commuter experience.

I would recommend Villa Laguna to everyone and will definitely come back to stay again.

I think about my stay here very often, and look forward to staying with you soon.

Room Tip: You probably can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights prior to our cruise. The hotel was very clean and well maintained and conveniently located just steps away from the alilaguna and vaparetto docks . All the staff were friendly and helpful, and I was greatful for a miniture map given to me by the front desk (it came in handy while exploring Venice).

Although we never took advantage of the beautiful outdoor patio I imagine it would be a perfect place to relax and enjoy lunch or drinks. Since it was our first time in Venice we spent much of our time in touristy areas and seeing the sites. After long days of walking, long lines, and huge crowds in St Marks Square and other tourist attractions, the Lido area was a nice change to get away from the crowds.

I would defintely recommend Villa Laguna to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IvanhP
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Visiting Venice off-season was risky, but my husband and I lucked out. We stayed in a peaceful suite right on the water for a bargain price and were very happy with our choice!
The hotel is on Lido, a nearby island, but is very convenient to Venice's main attractions via a short (10-15 minute) water bus ride. The hotel entrance is mere steps to the right of the stop, so it is easy to find without dragging luggage across town.
Breakfast was excellent, again right on the water. Full tea and coffee/espresso service is offered, along with a wide selection of hot and cold items and fresh fruit. Our suite had a kitchenette available for an extra fee if you prefer to self-cater.
Staff members were helpful and provided us with a complimentary private water taxi to visit Murano and watch a glass-blowing demonstration, which was an unexpected highlight of our trip.
I'm sure it would be even more beautiful in the summer- albeit pricier!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have private gardens on the water- highly recommended!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here in 2004. Going back to Venice in April, 2013. Can't wait to stay here again. Such wonderful memories of Villa Laguna and the Lido. Hope we can get the same room. Beautiful view of lagoon and kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We were greeted with genuinely friendly staff who were all too ready to assist us. The suite was very comfortable and spacious with very good amenities. Great location next to the water transport to Venice and the airport which made lugging the luggage much easier. I was good to be away from the crowds of people and relax.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view which was magic.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen T
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I spent 3 nights with my wife in June 2012. I had a congress and my wife loves V. Last year we had a very good dinner in the restaurant of the hotel and we decided to stay at this hotel because of the location, restaurant and the very nice building.
I booked a suite with view. The view was beautiful with a tiny garden on the seaside. But the room was really deceiving, very narrow as the living. Too bad. The breakfast was also very common and not as we could expect from a 4-star hotel.
At the end of the day, I would say it was a so-so experience. maybe they have better rooms ?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple