“Lovely place to stay in Venice”
Review of Villa Delle Palme

Villa Delle Palme
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Lovely place to stay in Venice”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This is a small, lovely hotel converted from a private mansion. Our room was large, clean and comfortable, and a great value for the price. The staff were friendly, and gave us a great restaurant suggestion. The Lido is a 10 minute vaporetto ride to St. Mark's, so is a quiet, relaxing location. However, the hotel is close to restaurants, bars, and markets. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2islandhoppers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I liked this small buy lovely hotel. The staff was warm. They gave me a very good map of the city to use. Though it is on Lido I loved the location. Lido itself is a small and calm island with a public beach. The free internet was a bit slow but served my purpose. I liked the breakfast too. My room had a balcony though I did not use if because of the weather. The decoration was very pleasant.

The only thing that bothered me is that my room was a bit too cold even after the heating.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AmolAZ
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I returned to this hotel for the 3rd time and having not been here for more than 3 years, was concerned it may have deteriorated. It was as lovely as I recall though!
Among our arty were 2 disabled family members and I made sure at the time of booking that I mentioned this to Alberto & Stefano, the owners/managers. The 2 relatives concerned were given ground floor rooms so they didn't have to worry about the stairs (there is no lift), one of which has a huge bathroom with walk-in shower with seat, grab rails etc.
All rooms are beautiful- some are smaller than others but the smaller rooms tend to have big balconies so you gain anyway.
The showers are rather snug, as others have mentioned, but they do the job fine.
Breakfast is standard Italian fare- rolls, croissants, cakes, boiled eggs, cereal, juice, coffee or tea, ham, cheese etc. One morning there were very few rolls as the delivery man hadn't turned up so we ate extra croissants- not a hardship!
There's a little bar in the reception where you can get a drink or a cup of tea or coffee made for you.
The tower at the very top of the hotel is a lovely place to sit and have a glass of prosecco whilst watching the sun setting. In fact, my other half was so carried away with the romance of the place that he proposed... of course i said yes!
I really wouldn't stay anywhere else and personally, prefer the Lido to staying on Venice as the boat trip over to St Marks is such a pleasure in itself. I always feel safe walking around Lido, even late at night & there are some reasonably priced bars and restaurants which are really lovely. The beach is lovely too!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank AlisonCLincolnshire
Sydney
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We had a nice stay at the Villa Delle Palme. Two flight of stairs to our room (reasonable size), and clean and the staff very helpful. The hotel is located in a quiet street not far from the water bus port and Lido was a good choice as we enjoyed catching the ferry into Venice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SydneyMountaingoat
Derbyshire England
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Stayed at the Villa Delle Palme for 4 nights in May...the hotel from the exterior looks a little tired than the hotel's official photos, but most hotels do. Located in a quiet residential street.
We were allocated a ground floor room (21)...but we did request a high floor. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was small and the bathroom very small only had a shower cubical which was tiny....didn't realise they made shower cubicles soooooooo small. Shower was satisfactory always hot water. There was noise heard from staff preparing breakfast...which was disturbing. The room was cleaned to a good standard...rooms a little dated...they have tried to acquire the venetian style. But not quiet attained it. Sheets crisp and white towel clean but a bit on the thin side.

We have previously stayed on Venice Island on the Grand Canal and payed allot more but was far more superior but then again allot more expensive.
Breakfast room was small but well formed very clean...the breakfast was satisfactory no hot food, cereal and ham and cheese, yogurts, cake etc. but filling and good quality
There is a hair dryer...no tea or coffee making facilities.
The bed and pillows were hard to our liking but that's a personal choice.
The room safe was broken so we had to use the hotels safe (both are free) not a problem
The AC/Heating did not work or turned off but it was OK for this time of year.
View from the top of the tower well worth the stair climb No lift.
Probably not suited for wheelchair/disabled at 10-12 steps into the front property

Overall a good no frills hotel...not far from the vappertte boat stop....clean and friendly would recommend this hotel to others if on a low/medium budget and just need a base for sightseeing

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Churtal
bodrum
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed in this lovely aunthentic villa for 5 nights and we really felt we are at home.The location was great to reach heart of Venice and and it is great to be out when you need silence.The reception staff were very helpful they gave excellent information about the area.The rooms were very well decorated and it was comfortable and clean.We really enjoyed staying and we are hoping to come back when we visit Venice again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
My office
Reviewed 8 October 2009

When towels get threadbare, you could replace them. Or, like this Hotel, PATCH THEM! I kid you not! We were scheduled to stay 5 nights. Europe is big on using shower towels for a couple days in a row, so our habit at all the locations we stayed at, was to get clean towels every other day. They say if you throw the towel on the floor they'll replace it with a clean one, otherwise hang it up. I tossed my towel on the floor after using it twice, and when we got back that evening the towel HAD to be the same one, all folded up and placed on the rack as if it were clean. When you see a thread bear towel with patches over holes, you just know if it's the same one. And they picked it up off the floor and acted as if it were washed?

I mean come on, what are the chances of getting the same towel? The bed was hard as a rock. I like a firm bed, but this was bad. No box spring, just a very firm mattress on a frame with slats of wood to hold it up. Next, it was October, not exactly the hottest time of the year, but since the sun beat on the windows from the west all afternoon the room was still stifling when we got back after 10 pm. The AC couldn't get the room any cooler than 84 degrees, and that by morning! (29 Celsius)

We tried to open the windows and let the evening breeze in, but the neighbors had a dog barking ALL night long, and we were awakened each time someone up stairs used water. You'll have to take a water bus to and from the main islands. We knew that going in, but the place looked so cute, we thought it would be worth it.

We got up at 8:00 am the first day there and ordered some Cafe Americano, hot. We left at 10:00 am to go find our own coffee! The staff could not have been any less helpful if they tried. Their recommendations for restaurants were terrible and by then I was so fed up that I was suspicious the restaurant owners were friends of theirs. I'd tell my ex wife to stay there!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple