Here are some tips if you decide to stay at this hotel, which is excellent, by the way.
1. Take the water taxi to Lido... from the Venice train station, take taxi #51 (~40 minutes).
2. When you arrive, take a right out of the water taxi station and walk along the main street. It'll take around 8 minutes to get to the hotel, which is probably about the same if you take a taxi. Walk along the main street and cross a bridge. The second street on the left will be via Dandolo then take a left. The hotel will be on the right, a tall white building.
3. A few restaurants worth mentioning... Trattoria Andri (on via Lepanto) is an excellent restaurant that movie stars and locals frequent (take a right out of the hotel, cross a bridge, take a right onto via Lepanto, walk about 3 minutes and the restaurant is on the left). Restaurants at the end of the block from the hotel is good too (take a right out of the hotel, the restaurant is located on the left just after the bridge). The restaurant just before the bridge looks packed at night, probably good too.
My review of the hotel... I had a great experience. The host was very friendly and was super helpful. We received a free upgrade to a bigger room, which included a little sitting room with a sofa. The bathroom is prototypical European, super tiny but functional. The breakfast was really good, quite a variety for such a small place. The location of the hotel is very good, only about a 8-10 minute walk from the water taxi station and 1-2 minutes from restaurants / main street. Very convenient but super quiet at night. The AC worked well. Free wifi was great.
Lido Island is a 10 minute water taxi ride from Venice itself... It is quiet and seems to be more local... It is not packed wall to wall with tourists, which we loved. We didn't have enough time but I think exploring the entire Lido Island would be fun (local beach, fishing village).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Delle Palme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Delle Palme Hotel Venice
- Hotel Delle Palme
- Delle Palme Hotel
- Villa Delle Palme Province Of Venice, Italy