“Short City break”
Review of Hotel Villa Cipro

Hotel Villa Cipro
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

What a lovely find this hotel is! Slightly further down from the very busy area, this hotel was quiet and friendly...the perfect escape after some very hectic days over in Venice. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Room was bright and clean, and beds very comfortable. Plenty choices for breakfast including fresh melon and nectarines - yummy! Will book again when I return :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gailadriel
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Cipro

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in June. We booked through Hotwire as a secret hotel in Lido, Venice. I was a little concerned after receiving the hotel name and reading some of the reviews on here.

The location of this hotel is fantastic, if you want to see Venice but don't want the hustle and bustle of the City then stay in this small beach town resort only 10-15 minutes away by water bus to Venice mainland. The hotel itself is situated 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minute walk to the water bus station.

The room we stayed in 203 was on the 1st floor and very clean but very basic. We didn't mind this as we only used the room to sleep in and was hardly in it. The towels were not how I imagine a towel to be as it was like a cotton bed sheet but I found this quite nice on the skin. Even though this was a small hotel (20 rooms I think) the staff were not that friendly and respond to room requests by charging extra. The staff spoke very little English and some spoke none at all therefore we didn't get the atmosphere what you would expect from such a small hotel.

Breakfast was ok and had enough to choose from (remember you are in Italy if you book this hotel so don't expect bacon and sausage).

Lots of restaurants to choose from very close by.

I was disappointed that the hotel did not provide an iron therefore most of the clothes I took I could not wear as I had packed the cotton dresses so tight in my case they were too creased but having said that I wouldn't let that stop me from staying here either take clothes which didn't crease or take a travel iron. If you know what to expect then you shouldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 203 was ok (no balcony).
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alisonawome
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Hotel is well located on the island of Lido. A short walk both from the vapouretti dock and from the beach. Lots of little restaurants and cafes on the street. Unfortunately, the Hotel itself is not much to talk about. The room and bathroom were really tiny (I cannot highlight this enough!) and the airconditioning was barely working (and they didn't get it fixed either). That apart, the staff wasn't the most helpful either - some couldn't speak English at all, while the others seemed least interested in their guests. All in all I don't think it was worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We found ourselves in small Hotel with samll rooms.
Room 101 was very small, we could hardly move around. The doors could not be opened fully, the balcony was attached to the public Hotel terrace. The breakfast room was located half subterranian and offered the typical poor Quality Italian breakfast.Coffee and cereals taste better in any other nearby cafe.

Room Tip: upper floors, avoid ground floor by any means (noise!)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Persian:اینجا را ما فقط ۲ روز قبل از سفر رزرو کردیم . هزینه اش بسیار معقول بود. اتاقی که به ما دادن ی بالکن در حدوده ۱۵ متر داشت با نمایی بسیار عالی. خود هتل از شهر بیرون است اما با ی اتوبوسه دریایی که ۲۴ ساعته هم هست میشه به راحتی به شهر رفت و آمد کرد . فقط اینترنت مجانی نیست و سرعت هم خیلی پایینه

English : We booked it in a very economical price but the service and place was great. the only negative think was the internet. It was not free and honestly so slow.
But the place is so great , It is so easy to reach the city by water bus line 1, 24h a day. They gave us the room with big balcony and sufficient space for 2 person and nice view surely I will go back Again.

Room Tip: upstairs are better
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tirdadkia
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I spent two nights there as part of a business trip. The hotel was chosen and paid for me, so can't say if it's value for money, but if the money was coming out of my pocket, I wouldn't spend a lot on that, could probably find better places for the same price (after checking the prices online and depending on the period).

The hotel looks good from the outside, a nice little villa, but inside it looks a bit old and neglected
The furniture is a little dated, same with curtains and bedsheet in the rooms
The towels are the strangest I've ever seen in a hotel, I can only describe them as a combination of bedsheet and towel, they did their job though

What was annoying - for me at least - was that the wifi was painstakingly slow, a huge negative for me in a hotel
The breakfast was what you'd expect from a hotel, although I didn't like that it was on the basement of the hotel

The staff were helpful and polite though (slight difficulties with the night guy who could barely speak english, we managed to communicate somehow though).

If I went to Venice again, I would probably look for another place first

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor (I'm not sure if there are any other) are a bit noisy in the morni...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank t_statho
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Adequate hotel for the money, clean and comfortable with friendly staff however if you do stay here take your own towels what they consider to be a towel I would call a tea towel! Breakfast typically continental but nice and fresh, and the hotel is only a short walk from the lidos vaperetto to catch the water bus into Venice, the buses seem to run at all hours so your not particularly restricted and this was out of season. Venice it self was beautiful even in the rain and amazing and quite emotional to see st Marc's square under water such an amazing place being destroyed by good old mother nature

• Stayed: March 2013