“4 star? No way” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Northumberland
“4 star? No way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

Some of the previous reviewers seem to be very easily pleased...

Breakfast coffee means queuing for an instant coffee from a vending machine! That alone loses a 4 star rating.

The rest of breakfast is equally ordinary. As well as the coffee machine there’s a machine dispensing reconstituted powdered “fruit juice” and another one dispensing a sweet gloop called “yoghurt”. The toast machine needed 3 passes to colour the bread at all.

Waiters? Two appeared one day to clear up a smashed dish and then promptly disappeared leaving us all to forage for our breakfasts. The choice is identical every day: cardboard-like muesli, rice krispies and cheap brand corn flakes, tinned fruit and a tray of lukewarm scrambled egg, bacon and sausage.

Sorry to go on, but this place is advertised as a 4 star hotel and it isn’t up to it.

On the plus side the location is fantastic; just 2 minutes walk from the waterbus terminal. Our room was clean and warm, large enough without being over-generous, the en-suite was an en-suite and the bed was a bed. Not bad but not great. It’s not a 4 star hotel.

Reception staff were charming and friendly but simple queries like booking out the night before to save time or needing airport bus times proved too difficult for them. There only ever seems to be one on duty. A bit like a motel as a previous reviewer has said.

We went via Travelzoo. If you get a cheap deal as most seemed to when we were there then it’s good enough value. Just don’t kid yourself that you’re getting a 4 star bargain.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bloomfield, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

A co-worker/friend and I stayed at Le Boulevard the end of May and beginning of June 2012. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is a little older hotel, but very clean, pretty comfortable, lots of hot water, a very full breakfast and very helpful staff! Was a short water bus ride to get to Venice and a short walk to the hotel. We bought some wine and needed to open it with a corkscrew. I called the front desk to ask to use one, he came to the room to open it, the bottle broke when it popped the cork, I apologized, he kept apologizing. He got wine on his suit, who cares about the wine, as long as he wasn't cut and hope it didn't stain his suit, poor guy. We just wanted to try some Italian wine, it was not big deal, but he went out of his way. So many choices at breakfast in a large room for everyone. We arrived early, our room wasn't ready, ok, were able to store bags and run around till it was ready. Had a fridge in the room, blow dryer, ok on plug ins. We had an awesome price here from hotels.com, $50 a night, but you pay the tax in euros, not with the rest of the reservation. Maybe was inexpensive for us cause it was low occupany, unsure? Loved the price, the room, breakfast and the staff. So worth it, awesome experience.

Room Tip: Yeah, non smoking
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 5th-8th November and to be honest we were so glad we chose this location. Vaperettos very frequent and easy to use and a 2 minute walk to hotel which is surrounded by cafes shops and restaurants. We had planned to eat at the lido but as it was a ten minute trip to San Marco we eat in venice every night ! And you can eat lovely authentic Italian food at reasonable prices! Hotel was friendly clean and lovely modern bathroom. Breakfast was good and we got such a bargain paying only £23 a night through Thomas cook. We were so lucky to have sunshine and blue sky every day and went home 2 days before terrible floods !! All in all highly recommend both this hotel and the lido for your trip to beautiful venice.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snoopysnose
leek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed in this hotel as part of a deal through Travelzoo and was pleasantly surprised as did';t expect it to be so good for the deal we booked. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the room was quite nice and clean. We were provided with a nice breakfast as part of the stay, a slef service buffet style containing Bacon, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Ham, Cheese, Cereals Croissants, and choices of Coffees so lots to choose from.

The Hotel is ideally situated just over the road from where you get off the Waterbus so in a perfect spot. There are bars, Restaurants, Shops and a Supermarket right next to it so everything is on your doorstep. The beach is just a few minutes walk down the street on the other side of the island so if you're looking for somewhere nice and reasonably priced to stay on the island then this is the place for you.

You do have to now pay a CITY TAX which you will have to pay anywhere you stay within Venice and is works out at about 3.5 Euros per person per night for upto 5 nights. This was payable when we checked out, but as I say this will be payable wherever you now stay on the island and on Venice"

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
aus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. We had to depart at early to catch a 6.00am train in Venice. In my hurry to get ready quicky I put my watch, given to me by my husband for our anniversary, in a little makeup bag which I zipped up intending to put into my handbag. I forgot in the rush. I did not realise it until we had reached Milan. The minute I could get a hold of a phone I rang the hotel and the man at the reception confirmed that they had the little makeup bag, he asked me to email. I did this and rang them and he said someone would be in touch. I heard nothing back, I did not always have access to phone or internet, I did not hear back so I assumed that it had been sent to the address in the mail. We got back to Aus and nothing, I rang and enquiring and I was given the run around to email again, I mentioned that I had a watch of sentimental value to me. After about 5 emails I finally got the reply from a SIMONE (hotel manager ??) that as the little bag contained only creams and that was a problem with customs in sending these, when I replied saying that I was more interested in the watch she accused me of never asking about a watch and if I had they would have told that there was no watch..... So folks please please if you stay at this hotel do not ever accidently forget a valuable item at this hotel they will never return it.. inaddition they are not very polite or proactive in letting you know

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mel J

Travellers are raving about these Lido di Venezia hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here 5 days at the start of November. Hotel is really comfortable, breakfast OK. Reception staff most helpful and knowledgeable.

2 minutes walk to the water ferry terminal - with water buses every 5-10 mins into Venice, its a great location.

Also direct ferry service to/from the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Paulbearuk
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed there for 5 nights in October. Very clean & tidy. A nice sized room with shower over bath. The breakfast was excellent with a large choice. Hotel reception very helpfull. Location good being very close to the water bus stop for Venice. You can buy a pass for the water bus & get on & off as you like. This helped make the location of this hotel great.A number of small restaurants with a good choice nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Villa Laguna
Villa Laguna
#8 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria
Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungari...
#3 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Hotel Villa Pannonia
Hotel Villa Pannonia
#4 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Residence Le Ville del Lido
Residence Le Ville del Lido
#1 of 33 in Lido di Venezia

Been to Le Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!