All reviewsbroadway travelwater busscrambled eggscroissantsminute walktreviso airportgrand canalmini barplenty of storagenight breaklido islandmarco polo airportshort breakcomfortable hotelbars and restaurantscity breakthree nights
Reviewed 9 June 2014

my sister and I stayed at Le Boulevard in March this year.It was a belated 70th birthday present for her. Imagine our shock when, on arrival, we were told by Simon ( the manager?) that our holiday company had gone bust and our stay had not been paid for despite my family having paid 3 months earlier!. There were another half a dozen or more guests due in the same position! Simon and co. ensured there was a room available for us at a very reasonable price. They were very kind and considerate. As it happened we did not need to pay again as my daughter contacted the holiday company, who weren't bust, it was the 'middle man'. Another broker was found who honoured the first payments. Simon and his colleague Jacob were helpful, friendly and charming. The rooms and all facilities were very clean. The lavatories, for instance were immaculately clean but that seemed to be typical of Venice. I've never seen such clean public loos even though they cost 1.50 Euros to use! Two points that stopped an excellent rating was that the cooked part of breakfast was very greasy and there are no hot drink facilities in the rooms. as for staying in Lido, the daily Vaporetto trips into Venice were part of the enjoyment, and cheaper than the gondolas!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gillmagb
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last minute booking due to great reviews on Trip Advisor. My wife e mailed the hotel and they responded really promptly with instructions and advice about getting to the hotel from the airport; which could have been really complicated if we had not had been genned up! Hotel also directed us to relevant water bus ticket websites and we bought our passes on line which saved us a fortune!
On arrival, Simon upgraded our room and was mega helpful in showing us all the relevant water routes and providing us with free maps.
Room was great, breakfast great, location great, staff great, whole trip...GREAT!! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose a Standard Room as economy versions are a lot smaller. Also e mail the hotel with any specific requests as they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Finalised my stay for Le Boulevard hotel at Lido, Venice owing to a very positive feedback from a friend who stayed couple of years back. My experience of the hotel is very average. In fact I will rate this hotel to be more of a bed and breakfast type but not being called one. The location within Lido is good for the hotel being very close to the veporetto stop at Lido and adjacent to many good pizzerias, restaurant and a departmental store. But everything In the hotel is on self service basis, to the extent that I'd anything is required in the room, you need to collect it yourself by coming down to the reception and the guy at the reception is practically all in one doing check ins to handing over plates and fork when required in the rooms. But one thing to be mentioned is that the reception guy never has no for an answer and will try to help you with every possible thing starting from tourist guidance to room service. But I would not mind recommending this hotel if someone is looking for hotel in a budget especially considering Venice to be very expensive from stay perspective.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kaushik76
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our second visit to Le Boulevard and it was every bit as good as the first time. In some ways it was better as we were given the more comfortable rooms not in the attic this time.

Our first visit was before a cruise from Venice. This time was after a cruise to Venice. The hotel's location for pre and/or post cruise stays is unrivalled. The Alilaguna water bus runs between the cruise terminal, the Lido and the airport. There is no need to bother with the People Mover or struggling with luggage across Piazale Roma and beyond. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk to the water bus stop. It is also next door to a very handy supermarket to save the high cost of eating and drinking out.

The water bus stop is also served by regular water bus services into the heart of Venice, stopping at St. Marks up the Grand Canal to the Rialto Bridge and beyond with many stops in between. It is a great way to see Venice without doing a dedicated and expensive tour.

The relative peace of the Lido is also much appreciated after the hustle, bustle and madness of central Venice.

The hotel's buffet breakfast is a little confusingly laid out but perfectly adequate. On my previous visit I had to drastically reduce the speed of the conveyor-style toaster to save feeding bread through multiple times to make it brown. With trial and error I got it spot on then. It was back up to silly speeds and person in front of me complained they had put their bread through five times and it was still white!

Overall the atmosphere of the hotel is quality, oldy-worldy and a little eccentric. Its location is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor to avoid the compact attic rooms and the using the tiny lift.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim_Millea
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is located in Lido which is a island next to Venice. You can get there by the regular boats. If you go in the Summer there are beaches here! :)
The hotel had the possibility of 3 adults in the same room, which was nice.
Nice living room to relax in the afternoon or after dinner.
Many restaurants near by to choose from, if you don't want to go to Venice to eat.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family