“OLD” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Taguig City, Philippines
“OLD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had extremely low expectations of this hotel based on everything I've read prior to my vacation. I was so glad our room wasn't so bad as the others' were. Some said they could barely open their suitcases, some said the tv was an arms-length, some had 1 bed, some had 3 beds. I guess it's a matter of luck. Our room was big enough. The bathroom was bad. We could barely move around the shower area and that area doesn't have light!

Everyone was wondering how this is a 4 star hotel. Definitely not. not even in a developing country. I'd say it's a range between poor and average. Beddings were old, stains all over the mirror and they have thin walls. What bothered me most was the fact that YOU CAN LOCK YOUR DOORS BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! We tried different ways to lock it, double locking, single lock, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. We were to scared to open our windows so we spent the night in a sauna since the air conditioning doesn't work either.

The breakfast was just okay. Some staff couldn't speak english. Nobody's at the front desk at 10pm. Another guest and myself were waiting at the reception for 10 minutes. He was waiting for his room key, I was going to ask something since there was no phone in the room. The staff also couldn't give us what we wanted. We were asking for a hotel information sheet that we need for our visas and he said he couldn't give it to us. I was like "what?!" and he was like someone that came out straight from a movie saying "I'm sorry, Madam, there is nothing I can do" in thick Italian accent.

A supermarket is right across the street. You can get everything from there at very cheap prices. The pier is at the back of the hotel, probably a 2 minute walk. You can get a water taxi to cross to Venice itself. Gelateria is also at the back of the hotel.

Definitely won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank travelers_pass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a gem! Two minutes from the vaporetto stop and minutes walking to everything! It gets you away from the busyness of Venice and makes it really feel like you are on vacation! I would move to this little island if I could! The staff don't speak much English (other than one person) but we didn't need much from them. The half hour to get to the actual city of Venice is beautiful, You won't realize the time! Much cheaper and nicer staying in Lido!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Halifax14
Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Firstly, this hotel was not expensive considering its location on the Lido. It is on the main street that runs between the beach and the water buses, and it's location is its big attraction. However, it is not a 4* hotel, The room on the first night was tiny, and I mean tiny! It was an economy double, so fair enough I guess, but you could barely get past the bed. Additionally the air con didn't work properly and the room was like a sauna. I've not been in a worse "4*" hotel room. We asked to be moved for the 2nd night which, in fairness, they did promptly and without us needing to kick up a fuss. We were put in a slightly strange, but spacious, room on the ground floor. It had clearly been adapted from serving another purpose and disconcertingly the bathroom was next to a street with only a white curtain between you and the passers by. It did work though (I checked!). The staff were generally friendly enough, but the breakfast was of poor quality. Overall, the location is good, the rooms average to poor, the breakfast very poor. It's a slightly shabby 3* hotel and unless it's offering some great rates there are probably better options available.

Room Tip: Room 432 on the ground floor is spacious but is sandwiched between a carpark and a road. Room 331 i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ReigateQuincy
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

my sister and I stayed at Le Boulevard in March this year.It was a belated 70th birthday present for her. Imagine our shock when, on arrival, we were told by Simon ( the manager?) that our holiday company had gone bust and our stay had not been paid for despite my family having paid 3 months earlier!. There were another half a dozen or more guests due in the same position! Simon and co. ensured there was a room available for us at a very reasonable price. They were very kind and considerate. As it happened we did not need to pay again as my daughter contacted the holiday company, who weren't bust, it was the 'middle man'. Another broker was found who honoured the first payments. Simon and his colleague Jacob were helpful, friendly and charming. The rooms and all facilities were very clean. The lavatories, for instance were immaculately clean but that seemed to be typical of Venice. I've never seen such clean public loos even though they cost 1.50 Euros to use! Two points that stopped an excellent rating was that the cooked part of breakfast was very greasy and there are no hot drink facilities in the rooms. as for staying in Lido, the daily Vaporetto trips into Venice were part of the enjoyment, and cheaper than the gondolas!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gillmagb
formby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Last minute booking due to great reviews on Trip Advisor. My wife e mailed the hotel and they responded really promptly with instructions and advice about getting to the hotel from the airport; which could have been really complicated if we had not had been genned up! Hotel also directed us to relevant water bus ticket websites and we bought our passes on line which saved us a fortune!
On arrival, Simon upgraded our room and was mega helpful in showing us all the relevant water routes and providing us with free maps.
Room was great, breakfast great, location great, staff great, whole trip...GREAT!! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose a Standard Room as economy versions are a lot smaller. Also e mail the hotel with any specifi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julieiainFormby
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Finalised my stay for Le Boulevard hotel at Lido, Venice owing to a very positive feedback from a friend who stayed couple of years back. My experience of the hotel is very average. In fact I will rate this hotel to be more of a bed and breakfast type but not being called one. The location within Lido is good for the hotel being very close to the veporetto stop at Lido and adjacent to many good pizzerias, restaurant and a departmental store. But everything In the hotel is on self service basis, to the extent that I'd anything is required in the room, you need to collect it yourself by coming down to the reception and the guy at the reception is practically all in one doing check ins to handing over plates and fork when required in the rooms. But one thing to be mentioned is that the reception guy never has no for an answer and will try to help you with every possible thing starting from tourist guidance to room service. But I would not mind recommending this hotel if someone is looking for hotel in a budget especially considering Venice to be very expensive from stay perspective.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kaushik76
Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our second visit to Le Boulevard and it was every bit as good as the first time. In some ways it was better as we were given the more comfortable rooms not in the attic this time.

Our first visit was before a cruise from Venice. This time was after a cruise to Venice. The hotel's location for pre and/or post cruise stays is unrivalled. The Alilaguna water bus runs between the cruise terminal, the Lido and the airport. There is no need to bother with the People Mover or struggling with luggage across Piazale Roma and beyond. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk to the water bus stop. It is also next door to a very handy supermarket to save the high cost of eating and drinking out.

The water bus stop is also served by regular water bus services into the heart of Venice, stopping at St. Marks up the Grand Canal to the Rialto Bridge and beyond with many stops in between. It is a great way to see Venice without doing a dedicated and expensive tour.

The relative peace of the Lido is also much appreciated after the hustle, bustle and madness of central Venice.

The hotel's buffet breakfast is a little confusingly laid out but perfectly adequate. On my previous visit I had to drastically reduce the speed of the conveyor-style toaster to save feeding bread through multiple times to make it brown. With trial and error I got it spot on then. It was back up to silly speeds and person in front of me complained they had put their bread through five times and it was still white!

Overall the atmosphere of the hotel is quality, oldy-worldy and a little eccentric. Its location is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor to avoid the compact attic rooms and the using the tiny lift.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Villa Laguna
Villa Laguna
#7 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria
Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungari...
#3 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Hotel Villa Pannonia
Hotel Villa Pannonia
#4 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Residence Le Ville del Lido
Residence Le Ville del Lido
#1 of 33 in Lido di Venezia

Been to Le Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!