“Average but musty”
Review of Le Boulevard Hotel

Le Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is old Venetian style or so the travel agent kept telling me. Take from that ' hotel needs updating'! Lots of dark wood and dark dingy rooms in appearance. Our room was booked as a triple but it was just a super small double room with a third bed squeezed in. That left practically no room for three people, three suitcases and manoeuvring! The reception on arrival were pretty unhelpful giving us a really bad area map which was hard to read. To my astonishment the following day I waited for 30 mins at reception while a different receptionist gave a new client a speech about the area, things to do, where to eat, hope to use the safe in the room and gave a great map which he spent time writing on!!!! Great thanks our welcome was rubbish in comparison!
That said the rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the air con worked a treat. The gentleman in the bar who doubled as the porter was very helpful. The breakfast was plentiful but the hot food was always cold. Location of this hotel us very good. Overall just a bit average but an inexpensive option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sammy A

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great location. Lovely to stay on Lido after the crowds in Venice. Overall this hotel was good, but our room, with an "all red bathroom" , had a very high bath/shower, that was very difficult to climb into, was very small, noisy, hot & stuffy. The "air conditioning" was not turned on in May! A fellow guest, on our tour, asked if the the air con was working & said she was told they don't turn it on until summer/June? Our room was on the side alley, so there was noise from roller shutters on businesses & garbage bins late at night & in the mornings. Other guests, travelling with us, did have bigger, quieter rooms with better bathrooms than we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's quiet & check when the air con is in use ? if you are staying in warm...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The rooms were very tidy and the staff friendly, helped us with directions and gave us great suggestions of where to ho etc. The breakfast buffet was very cheap though.. close to the centre of life with good connections.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was far from the train station but the island it's on (Lido) is very nice. The hotel is close to the water and easy to find from the station! The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly! The breakfast was good as well!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had extremely low expectations of this hotel based on everything I've read prior to my vacation. I was so glad our room wasn't so bad as the others' were. Some said they could barely open their suitcases, some said the tv was an arms-length, some had 1 bed, some had 3 beds. I guess it's a matter of luck. Our room was big enough. The bathroom was bad. We could barely move around the shower area and that area doesn't have light!

Everyone was wondering how this is a 4 star hotel. Definitely not. not even in a developing country. I'd say it's a range between poor and average. Beddings were old, stains all over the mirror and they have thin walls. What bothered me most was the fact that YOU CAN LOCK YOUR DOORS BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! We tried different ways to lock it, double locking, single lock, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. We were to scared to open our windows so we spent the night in a sauna since the air conditioning doesn't work either.

The breakfast was just okay. Some staff couldn't speak english. Nobody's at the front desk at 10pm. Another guest and myself were waiting at the reception for 10 minutes. He was waiting for his room key, I was going to ask something since there was no phone in the room. The staff also couldn't give us what we wanted. We were asking for a hotel information sheet that we need for our visas and he said he couldn't give it to us. I was like "what?!" and he was like someone that came out straight from a movie saying "I'm sorry, Madam, there is nothing I can do" in thick Italian accent.

A supermarket is right across the street. You can get everything from there at very cheap prices. The pier is at the back of the hotel, probably a 2 minute walk. You can get a water taxi to cross to Venice itself. Gelateria is also at the back of the hotel.

Definitely won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank travelers_pass
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a gem! Two minutes from the vaporetto stop and minutes walking to everything! It gets you away from the busyness of Venice and makes it really feel like you are on vacation! I would move to this little island if I could! The staff don't speak much English (other than one person) but we didn't need much from them. The half hour to get to the actual city of Venice is beautiful, You won't realize the time! Much cheaper and nicer staying in Lido!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Halifax14
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Firstly, this hotel was not expensive considering its location on the Lido. It is on the main street that runs between the beach and the water buses, and it's location is its big attraction. However, it is not a 4* hotel, The room on the first night was tiny, and I mean tiny! It was an economy double, so fair enough I guess, but you could barely get past the bed. Additionally the air con didn't work properly and the room was like a sauna. I've not been in a worse "4*" hotel room. We asked to be moved for the 2nd night which, in fairness, they did promptly and without us needing to kick up a fuss. We were put in a slightly strange, but spacious, room on the ground floor. It had clearly been adapted from serving another purpose and disconcertingly the bathroom was next to a street with only a white curtain between you and the passers by. It did work though (I checked!). The staff were generally friendly enough, but the breakfast was of poor quality. Overall, the location is good, the rooms average to poor, the breakfast very poor. It's a slightly shabby 3* hotel and unless it's offering some great rates there are probably better options available.

Room Tip: Room 432 on the ground floor is spacious but is sandwiched between a carpark and a road. Room 331 i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple