Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£92
Lauren S
London, United Kingdom

Great stay & location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Nov 2016
This hotel is in an amazing location , a short boat ride to central Venice and a short walk to the beach. We were on the ground floor through a small hallway , the room wasn't near any others so it was nice, it was very comfortable and large.
Date of stay: May 2016
0.5 miles from Le Boulevard Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Lido di Venezia
1,090 results
All reviews scrambled eggs croissants water taxi central venice supermarket lido boat
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Although a little dated the hotel is in a great location. Next door is a supermarket which sells everything you need. The wifi is spot on and I watched a movie on Netflix every night when I got in. I arrived early and the room was ready which is fab. Staff friendly and the breakfast good... Cereal bacon egg continental stuff and fruit yogurt etc.
Lido is definitely a great base to stay much better than murano and I would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 47mandyj
Reviewed 23 November 2016

We have stayed here twice and both times we enjoyed our stay. The décor is slightly dated but cosy and relaxing. We had the economy room which was small but adequate and advised by reception that had we booked direct with them we would have had a choice of rooms as we were unable to upgrade.
The bar closed at 9pm but it would have been nice to have a drink when we returned at night.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the water bus terminal and a short trip to the centre of Venice. Lido is a friendly island a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room tip: If possible choose a standard or classic room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 23 November 2016

The hotel its self is lovely, the rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable, and the location on Lido just a 20min boat trip from St marks square is ideal, away from the hustle on the main island and close to the beach.
Ask for a front facing room, ours was overlooking the side road and at 05:00 in the morning every morning several lorries would unload at the local supermarket opposite the hotel, and we heard everyone of them.
The other let down was breakfast, small selection of cheap cheese and ham and greasy bacon and rubbery scrambled eggs.
Would have been a better experience had we had a different room and ate breakfast else where.

Room tip: Don't have the B&B option and you'll likely be fine
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Good location, very handy for the Water Bus which is only 5mins walk away. The hotel itself is not 4 Star, I would say 2 at best. The rooms are very small & old fashioned with furniture more fitted to the 1940s, but the beds are comfy & the rooms are warm. Photos of rooms are very deceptive as my room was in the attic with a steeply sloping roof which meant I could not sit up in bed, a small very high window which you couldn't see out of & it was dark with inadequate lighting. the bathrooms are large but again the shower was under the sloping roof, so I couldn't stand up straight (im only 5'3"), there was also no shower curtain. Breakfast is ok but not fresh. The bacon was freezing cold & the rolls hard. Disappointed to find the bar closed as 10.30 on a Saturday night but there is a great bar just next door. The only staff we saw were on reception, not the friendliest.

Room tip: Avoid the 4th floor as these are attic rooms with no view & sloping roofs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I think this time I would say everything is perfect. The hotel is very quite. I did not hear anybody at night or in the morning. Altough my room was on a ground floor, I slept late and felt very good. The curtains are very thick, so no light is allowed either. The room is clean, no dust was seen, very warm, I could control it myself. After rainy Venice that's exactly what you need. There was one problem. In the fringe two bottles of beer - one was empty but closed, another was opened before and you could see it was flat. So, I phoned the reception and they changed it without any problems. So, a big plus to trustful reception. I didn't even get upset as it was already sorted.
Buffet breakfast was also good & tasty.
4 star it is. Indeed. No complaints, only my recommendations.

Trip type: Travelled solo