Visited this hotel as part of a 3.5 week European adventure for our 25th wedding anniversary. Venice was our starting point, and we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights pre a 12 day cruise leaving from Venice. Out of all the places we travelled, we would go back tomorrow to Lido and stay at this hotel.
Upon arrival at 8 pm, our reservations could not be located by Hotel management.
Looking weary after a delayed 10 hr. flight, that left 5 hours later than expected, missing our direct water taxi stop for Lido, having to get off in Venice, to go back to catch a water bus, lugging our luggage up & down the steps of Venice, arriving in Lido 6 hours later than expected with no vehicle taxi to take to our destination, meant having to take the Lido City bus - Italians that spoke no english were GREAT - showed them the Hotel we were going to, with sign language welcoming us to join them on the bus, and then ringing for us to get off - in the dark getting off the bus, with no street lights and no signs for the Hotel; we turned left, instead of right; arriving at the Hotel @ 8:30 PM - the first thing the Hotel Mgr asked me, was what type of wine we would enjoy! I took the white, while hubby had the red.
The Hotel Mgr proceeded to tell us, they did not have a reservation for us and unfortunately they were filled for tonight - Sat.-except for an emergency room that keep for their staff. I asked if it was clean and with hot water - I just wanted a shower! It was, but it was in the basement - of course! We took it - the Hotel Mgr helped hubby down the beautiful winding staircase (of course no elavator) to our room. By this time it was after 9 PM and were starving. Hotel Mgr provided directions to walking distance restuarants and off we were - in the dark, unlight back streets of Lido, having no ideal where we were going. Took the Hotel advice for dining, at a great rest., that had a back garden area - just what we needed.
The next morn, a different Hotel Mgr noted there was a mix up between Expedia and the 3rd party Italian travel agency they use, and there would be no charge for last night.
Our plans for Sunday were to travel into Venice and sightsee - which we did, after enjoying the included breakfast. The hotel staff moved us from the basement room to our booked garden room on the 2nd floor. Upon arriving back after our sightseeing day, we were warmly welcomed by all, and our suite had a beautiful, separate bedroom with a large bathroom and loads of cupboards, and a large sitting and dining area with fridge, kettle, toaster. We felt like we had arrived home - it was a lovely feeling.
Staff once again provided us with great recommendations for dining, sightseeing on Lido, and the back area waters of Venice.
It was an experience we loved, and the best way to start our adventure.
We will be back, hopefully very soon, to enjoy this hotel's gardens, rooms and gracious hosts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Ville del Lido" is a residence of 1st Category, composed by luxury suites. The Residence is located just 10 meters from the famous beach of the Lido Island and just 15 minutes by boat from Saint Mark's Square and reaching the main attractions of Venice will not be difficult. For the lovers of tranquility this is the ideal place to spend unforgettable holidays with your family and for the sportifs, the Lido range a lot of activities such as golf,tennis, cycling. The beach of the Lido is the perfect place to relax on the beach reading a good book. They are part of LeVille del Lido the Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi (opened from May to late October) and private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Le Ville del Lido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Ville Del Lido Suite Residence Hotel Venice
- Residence Le Ville Del Lido Province Of Venice, Italy