My husband and 15 year old daughter have just got back after staying here for 4 nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived in torrential rain so took a taxi from the ferry stop which was a little extravagant and cost 10 euros but worth every euro as I don't think we would have found it. It is in a residential area, the accommodation is lovely a bit modern from outside, but inside is decorated in typical Italian style. We had two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which was handy with a teenager. The beds were comfy and surprised to find lovely clean white towels and toiletries provided along with a daily maid service, again not expected. The kitchen area is two electric rings and a fridge. No kettle (note to hotel....get some kettles...it would please your English guests!) Took ages to boil the water in a saucepan and we forgot to take tea bags, coffee so ended up buying some in the supermarket. Nice to have a fridge and we didn't have breakfast included so just bought bread and cheese from the supermarket which is near to the ferry. The walk to the ferry is not that far and is pleasant both in the morning and evening, it is well lit and we felt safe. If you are a little in firm or don't like walking then book a hotel nearer the ferry stop.
The Lido...we liked staying here as you got away from the hustle of Venice, we were a little out of season, but could imagine in the height of the summer the beach would be a lovely escape. A few restaurants and bars near to the apartment, a couple are for tourists and serve set menus, which were not that good. On the whole we were a bit disappointed with the food both in Venice and on the Lido, but we weren't prepared to pay 35 euros for a main course, perhaps if we had we would have sampled some better food. There is a market on the Lido on a Tuesday morning, worth a walk to and you get to see some more of the island. If we had been there longer we would have taken the bus or hired bikes.
Venice...glad I have seen it, not sure I would go back. Lots of tourists, did feel at times I was on a film set, you are so used to seeing the vistas that it was hard to take in. St Marks Square at the weekend is horrendous, go early evening or make the effort and get up early, it is so beautiful when it is empty. The Doge's palace is open from 8.30am good time to go, no queues. We didn't do the gondola trip but took advantage of using the vaporetta and stayed on all the way up the grand canal. Found some lovely tapas style bars around the Rialto Market area, lovely to stop at 12.00 and have a glass of wine and some food, like the locals. We went into venice in the evening to take some night photos, would recommend it, it is a different place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Ville del Lido" is a residence of 1st Category, composed by luxury suites. The Residence is located just 10 meters from the famous beach of the Lido Island and just 15 minutes by boat from Saint Mark's Square and reaching the main attractions of Venice will not be difficult. For the lovers of tranquility this is the ideal place to spend unforgettable holidays with your family and for the sportifs, the Lido range a lot of activities such as golf,tennis, cycling. The beach of the Lido is the perfect place to relax on the beach reading a good book. They are part of LeVille del Lido the Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi (opened from May to late October) and private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Le Ville del Lido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Ville Del Lido Suite Residence Hotel Venice
- Residence Le Ville Del Lido Province Of Venice, Italy