All reviews free wifi great budget hotel air con bus stop croissants on arrival private beach comfy bed modern bathroom enjoyable stay city break water bus nice room travel pass quiet hotel lido island main part
Reviewed 25 November 2017

After my last visit in Italy this year I can definitely declare it my most favorite country for tourism. And Venice one my favorite places. Same goes for hotel Sorriso. After quite negative experience in two-star establishments I typically avoid staying in such places but the case with Sorriso was totally different. The hotel is very nice and clean, rooms and bathrooms are spacious ( I even got one with a balcony) and the service is great. Before my arrival they sent me an e-mail with detailed instruction how to get there from the airport (which no hotel has done for me so far and I've been in many places). Once I got at the reception they gave me a map and description of all the landmarks and popular places in the area. Breakfast was very delicious. Rooms were well-cleaned every day. They have a private beach which is 5 min walk from the hotel and is very clean and secluded. One thing I respected the most - pets are very welcome there. Perfect stay overall

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

A real value for money hotel. Spotlessly clean with very friendly helpful staff. Breakfast choice slightly limited but fresh and plentiful. Room was bright and airy featuring great blackout shutters.
Transport to/from hotel and Venice very easy, frequent and straight forward - would recommend buying a travel card for duration of your stay.
Bike hire available at hotel €5 per day - brilliant fun!
We would definitely stay again - thanks for having us and making us so welcome!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrsscase
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I was a bit worried about the difference between ratings here and the 'official rating' I needn't have been. The staff were welcoming and I was moved to a larger room than the one I booked as they had additional space. Breakfast was good and there was a good choice. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were very helpful. The neighbourhood had a number of bars and restaurants. I used the waterbus to reach the main part of Venice and the ticket allowed me to travel to other islands around the lagoon.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

It was a verry good trip to Lido and hotel was verry clean, carrefull personal and verry good breckfast. For sure if i'll come back if i can and my time permits it. Thank you for all. Btw, excellent shower

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
HotelSorrisoVenezia, Responsabile reception at Hotel Sorriso, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you madame, has been a pleasure to wellcome you at Hotel Sorriso and it's a pleasure to heard how you enjoy your stay at the hotel and your holiday in Lido. Looking forward to wellcome you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The Hotel is in a quiet area of Lido, 2.5 km away from the Ferry Station and the main street. The beaches closed to the Hotel are not nice so you have to walk or take a bus to the public beach. The nicest closest beaches are private (the one partening with the Hotel charges 20 Euros / day for an umbrella and 2 beds).
The room I got was very clean and pleasent but the bathroom was extremely small: the door could not be completely opened as it hit the toilet and when taking a shower my elbows were hiting the lateral walls.
The breajfast was identical the 7 nights I stayed there (the same cake, the same watermelon....).
I woul like to try another place if there is a next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends