Just spent a very pleasant short stay here, partly to escape the heat of Venice (we are staying in an apartment without AC and after a week we desperately needed cool air) and partly because I love to play tennis and found about about this place on trip advisor. The room was small, clean and very reasonable for a triple but minimalist - but you don't come here to stay in your room. That said, the AC worked great! You could hear the neighbors so the walls are thin but it was very quiet at night.
But I really want to talk about the facilities, especially the tennis which is the best in Venice and the Lido. 4 perfect clay courts, several covered courts with a fake grass surface (no AC but you don't get direct sun) and a few other courts. Must important, the teacher I had was superb if you can take a lesson in Italian. His name is Andrea and he is a former top player from the Veneto. Today with his partner Luca who also teaches there he is ranked in the top 5 doubles teams in Italy in the over 40 category. Suffice it to say that he is a superb player and an absolutely charming man. I enjoyed every minute of our grueling workouts (which last 45-50 minutes). He has been teaching there for over 20 years. And here is the best part - the lesson is only 30 euros including court time. Suffice it to say that it was the best tennis deal I've ever found.
After a grueling workout, you can cool yourself down in the huge pool or go to the well air conditioned gym which has a huge assortment of free weights and machines - its much better than the standard exercise room in even the best hotels because it's a free standing gym.
To get all of this with the price of the room I think is an amazing deal. On the downside, it is far away from the action at the heart of the Lido but very efficient buses which run every ten minutes and stop very close to the hotel will get you there in about 10 minutes. But you may decide you don't want to leave. Hope this helps any other fanatic tennis players planning a trip to the Serenissima. Btw, you don't have to stay at the hotel to take the lessons. If you do take a lesson with Andrea, tell him Guido from Manhattan sent you:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy