Stayed here for 6 nights in July – I think some previous reviewers are very harsh or actually stayed elsewhere!!!
A lovely place to stay for a relaxing break, we went to sun and relaxation rather than sights of Venice. Although during school holidays, few few children and plenty of sun loungers etc unlike some other places
Some other reviewers have commented on location and restaurants but we did not find this a problem
When you get off the boat from the airport, the bus stop is right there and buses go every 10 minutes and take about 10 minutes, 3 routes to choose from (Don’t get bus 11) all which stop within meters of hotel entrance. Bus stops are numbered by road, ie Bus A goes along Via Sandro Gallo road first, 12 stops labelled 1/12 etc, then road becomes Via Malamocco, you need stop 4/5 on this road for hotel. No matter which bus you get, stop 4/5 Malamocco is the one you need (if coming from ‘town’)
No restaurants right next to hotel but 10 mins on any bus takes you to main street and LOADS to choose from so didn’t feel isolated at all.
Breakfast was continental style but plentiful, replenished right up until closing, (breakfast finished 9.30 and we tended to arrive 9.15 and plenty of food left)
Snack bar by pool has good range, ask about specials not on menu as these were often better than menu choice , which were nevertheless good.
Pool was clean and well maintained, life guard on duty and towels available. To get towels you have to get a wrist band from Reception –this gives pool access and towels , was free to us as booked with Expedia but some had to pay – check if included before you go. Sun loungers were comfortable, plentiful and each had own adjustable sun shade.
Wifi was free in main reception area but not in rooms – not a problem for us wanting to escape emails. (some previous reviewers said had to pay for but sign with password readily available in reception area)
Rooms were a good size, well maintained and plenty of storage. Plenty of towels and heated rail.
All staff friendly and helpful and spoke English but appreciated out minor attempts to speak Italian.
My only issue with the whole trip was with bedding. Sheets and pillow case were clean but no covers on duvet and they were visibly dirty. Flat sheets on bed which were made every day by throwing sheet over, no attempt to tuck in etc so the slightest movement meant sleeping on mattress protector – how often these are washed I’m not sure.
Overall a good trip and would defiantly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy