Casa delle Rose is located on Lido island, 15 min by ACTV boats (operating 24h) from central Venice and an easy 5-10 min walk from the boat station Santa Maria Elisabetta (S.M.E.) on Lido. Although so close to the station, the area is really quiet and green. It is also very close to the main street via Santa Maria Elisabetta and to the beach and about 20 min walk to Palazzo del Cinema.
My Green room had everything from slippers, gown, shampoo and soap to safety deposit box, TV and fan. Only aircon was not in the room but in the corridor, but we could leave doors open for a day to cool down the room (nothing happens there, it is really safe and there are only 4 rooms). For me it was no problem to sleep with a fan anyway. Wi-fi available for free and also there is a PC with a printer for common use.
The shared bathroom was spotlessly clean. Breakfast served family style - everybody sits around a large table. Food was good for me - yogurt, fruits, cheeses, fresh bread, jams etc., but I am a light eater and I can imagine that it could be not enough for some people. But BILLA supermarket is found on the main street as well as many restaurants. It is a good chance to meet nice people and learn something about the surroundings as Stefano the owner comes to serve breakfast every morning. He is not there 24h, but available by phone.
Stefano was more than helpful and friendly, always answering all the questions (he must have heard a hundred times) with a smile. There is no elevator in the building, but he helped me to carry my bags. I arrived earlier than the official check-in hours are, but he gave me keys and put my luggage to my room when it was ready. He also explained in every detail how to find my way around Lido, to go to Venice etc. and provided a map.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Casa delle Rose and Lido very much, and I am glad I choose it rather than Venice itself. Lido is much more peaceful and in a way atmospheric, it also has canals, but with trees and flowers unlike Venice. I also took a bus (20 min) to go to the picturesque small town of Malamocco and visited a cat sanctuary there. And if you want you can get to main Venice attractions anytime by vaporetto.
If I am to come back to Venice/Lido I will stay here again, thank you Stefano!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Casa Delle Rose" is a Bed and Breakfast located in a beautiful apartment on the first floor of a small palace in liberty twenty's style. Three minutes from Lido's harbour, just 15 minutes from S. Marco's square, in a nice and quite residential area the apartment, completely redecorated, has three very large and comfortable rooms. Every room has Sat-TV, a sofa and a security box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your B&B Casa delle Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Casa Delle Rose
- b&b Casa Delle Rose Hotel Venice
- B&B Casa Delle Rose Province Of Venice, Italy