“You get what you pay for.....if you use it!”

Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Edmonton
“You get what you pay for.....if you use it!”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I initially had booked this hotel in April 2012 for our stay in August. I checked up on my reservation a few weeks before we left on our holiday only to notice the rate was different ( yes, higher) than what I was quoted. After two phone calls, one to the 1-800 holiday inn number and one to the hotel directly, I was told nothing could be done until I show up there. Nice. That's reassuring. ( Not ) I would like to be assured that the rate I booked ( $239 a night with stay n play package) would be guaranteed to me, instead of the $309 a night they were now showing on my reservation. I called around Coeur D'Alene to look around and potentially have another room ready for me if this one didn't work out. ( I had til 6 to cancel the other room ) Upon my arrival, I discussed this problem and the front desk girl immediately brought out Dick.... the hotel manager. He told me that not only is the rate I've been quoted not currently what they have on their records but that I will not be receiving the 2 King bed Suite as I booked online back in April too. Oh Great... I asked what kind of room WILL i be gettting?? 2 Queen. And it certainly wasnt a suite. It was a room. I asked him if he's going to fix the rate problem and he showed me how if he charges me one night at 309 and the other night at 189 it will balance out. What a gong show. I told him if we can't agree to this rate that I was quoted, BY THEIR HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS website?!?! then I could continue to the next hotel I had on backup. He told me to do whatever I would like. Nice. Nice reassurance that he'd like my business. Ughhh. Anyway, the total price of my two nights stay was similiar to what I was quoted. I think he felt that since we saw the ammenties of the Triple Play park he had us and we were'nt going to go elsewhere. Wrong. If the price wasnt going be be agreed upon, we'd have been in Coeur d'Alene.
However, our room was nice, standard. We had to switch beds with our daughter after the first night ( uncomfortable!) but the room was sufficient. Yes, you have to get to breakfast early, just to get a seat! The line up was lonnng, good thing the olympics were on! Very Very limited selection for those with Celiac Disease. I had to bring down my own cereal and bought a yogurt from Walmart, as Holiday Inn Express ran out and I didnt feel like eating a bruised up banana. Just a suggestion to Holiday Inn.... consider providing a gluten free cereal. Thanks!
Overall, great location and at the time we were there we enjoyed very little crowds over in the waterpark area of Triple play.
Although the room rates are higher than you would normally pay for a HI Express, enjoy the benefits of some good ol' family fun at Triple play and you'll feel like you got your money's worth!

Room Tip: "Book early and bring a print out of your reservation!"
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Luv2shopAlot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I would not suggest staying at this hotel unless you want to be surrounded by families with small children who will be attending the Triple Play Family Fun Park. The hotel is nice and features the usual amenities of Holiday Inn Express, but the environment created by the family fun park changes the way the hotel feels quite a bit. At night instead of being quiet we constantly heard children running around all over the hotel making noise. The staff at the front desk appeared to be only teenagers and seemed uninterested in dealing with the noise. When we went down to talk to the staff they had friends visiting them at the hotel and were hanging out at the front desk with friends.

The free morning buffet was insane the next morning. This was a Thursday that we were there and there was a huge crowd and line for the food and absolutely no available tables to sit at. We actually chose to go out for breakfast rather than deal with the crowd.

This environment might be really great for some families and they would really enjoy this, but it was not for us. The rate for one night at this hotel was rather expensive and not worth it in my opinion. The family fun park was neat, but costs additional money and I am not sure we enjoyed the water park anymore than the regular pool that most Holiday Inns have. Just not for us.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 2215wls
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Have to second/third the comment about the paper thin walls. The kids and I were woken up at 6am each morning to the sounds of the dad next door bellowing at his kids to "BE QUIET!@!" Rooms were reasonably clean though the shower could have used a little more scrubbing. Location is near a series of strip malls and less than a mile from WalMart. Not near the cute part of Couer D'Alene at all. Waterslides fun for younger kids but anyone over 12 will be bored after an hour or so. Thankfully you can make it up to them by taking them to Boulder Beach at Silverwood. Breakfast was ok. Kids were mesmerized by the pancake machine. Mini golf course uninteresting. Not likely to stay here again. Better options closer to lake for not much more money.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LillyPBellevue_WA
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 22 July 2012

As a family we really enjoy visiting this Holiday Inn with the attached indoor waterpark, bowling alley, and fun center. We've been several times and honestly have never had a problem with noise or cleanliness which are very important to me. The free hot breakfast is pretty good as well. Perfect place to stay if you have children!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank powelltnt
Seattle
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I've read all the reviews for this hotel and was a bit worried when I saw the comments about "paper thin walls", and all the noise, etc. Well, we stayed at the Hayden Holiday Inn Express for 3 days in July and I didn't hear a thing in my room. No screaming kids, or running down the hallways, or loud talking or TVs blaring. Nothing. Maybe it was because we were on the top most floor, but it was as quiet as a hotel can be.

Now, I've stayed at lots of hotels while traveling on business (chains like the Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree, etc.). This was the first time I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and I have to say this hotel in Hayden was very nice (comparable to a Fairfield Inn). It was very clean, very up-to-date with an LCD TV and DVD player in our room, and large bathroom. We stayed in a room that had 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. The room also came with a microwave and small fridge. The rooms didn't have any odor, and the carpet was extremely clean. Also, this hotel in general was very nice, from the lobby, to the elevators, and to the breakfast area.

The hotel comes with a free breakfast, which has a good variety of choices. Donuts, cinnamon rolls (which were great!), cold cereal, pancakes, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. Good enough to start your day well. Tip: Make sure you get down to the breakfast area before 9 am as they may run out of food (and they close breakfast at 10 am).

This hotel does not have a swimming pool, mainly because there's a mini amusement park just next door to it (in fact, there is a convenient skyway bridge which you can take to cross from the hotel to the gaming area). It's as if the hotel was built for use with the amusement park. I'll leave my review of this amusement park (called "Triple Play") in a separate TripAdvisor review, but I will say that it was nice to have this accommodation for my 8 year old son and 12 year old niece on our trip.

One nice bonus was all the restaurants in the area around the hotel. There's the Silver Lake Mall just a few blocks down the main street, as well as Walgreens, Target, Walmart, and other stores. Lots of gas stations near by, and restaurants like Applebees, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc. The grocery store called Super 1 Foods was just next door to the hotel and is open 24 hours.

The front desk personnel and cleaning staff were very nice and courteous. So in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel in the future and will stay here again if and when we visit the Silverwood Theme Park.

Room Tip: Suggest 4th floor room, away from the ice maker and elevator. Visit the breakfast area early (7am-8a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cohoman
Drayton Valley, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

We had so much fun staying at this resort! First and foremost, I must mention that every staff member I encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful. The family that we came with had mistakenly booked at a nearby holiday inn, and the front desk lady found them a room and called the other hotel and cancelled their reservation! The rooms were large and very clean. My only complaint was that the walls seemed very thin. Having the Triple Play Park attached was great! My kids were 4 & 6 and we could have almost skipped going to Silverwood and just stayed at the hotel! There's a wave pool, 3 watersides, toddler play area with small watersides, go-carts, bumper boats, mini golf, bowling, arcade, climbing wall and laser tag. We only spent about $20/day/person to enjoy all of those activities! And the staff at triple play were great as well. It was very hot while we were here, so it was really nice to enjoy all of these activities.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jcwinter6
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We are from MT and since we didnt get much snow last year the kids were going stir crazy. So we traveled here for the triple play. The waterpark was great, although because of a bad knee I was only able to go down the slides once as there are a lot of stairs to climb to be able to go down any of the slides, an elevator would've been nice. The rooms were great and beds were comfortable!! We decided to come back here to go to silverwood but this hotel was all booked otherwise we would have stayed here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DebbieB59601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!