“Great, inexpensive getaway for young families”

Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Reviewed 13 February 2009

It's been a long winter, and the family needed some time to unwind from feeling housebound. A trip to Triple Play and a stay at the Holiday Inn in Hayden was exactly what we needed. Much has already been said about the water park/game center, so I won't go into that much here although we had a great time. I do want to say, though, that I feel we got excellent service at the hotel.

Rooms were clean and had all the needed amenities. We got one of the suites with kids bunk beds, which was really fun for all. The kids got their own little "room" (separated from us with a half-wall) with a small tv and felt somewhat independent, and we adults were able to relax and unwind with our own tv shows (that weren't cartoons! yea!) after the kiddos conked out early from a big day at Triple Play and Raptor Reef.

An example of great service was when I was mentioning to my husband that I had a headache and my dollar bill was too wrinkly to fit through the vending machine to get some medicine and one of the breakfast ladies overheard and offered her bottle of aspirin with a smile.

Breakfast was about as good as a free hotel buffet gets with lots of options.

My only complaint ends in a compliment on the service staff. As others have said, the walls seemed thin. As the hotel is filled with excited kids running up and down the halls I'd definitely steer clear of this place if you aren't with your family. They did have earplugs in each room which we did not find until the morning. But here's the compliment: we happened to "luck out" by getting a room next door some rowdy folks who seemed to have rented a hotel room to throw a party. (Why they chose a family hotel like this is beyond me and I would really be surprised if this was a regular occurrence here.) I did call the front desk (something I usually never do) and they said they'd take care of it and within a few minutes I heard a knock on the door of our neighbors and the noise all but disappeared.

With a hotel, it really is the little things, and I appreciated feeling like my needs were important to the staff. We'll make a stay here a yearly trip during the winter doldrums, and maybe stay during the summer trek up to Silverwood as well. With the adjoining water park etc and the package deals to be had, it is well worth the inexpensive price!

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank glowtricities
There are newer reviews for Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 2 January 2009

Our family had a wonderful time at this hotel and the water park that is conveniently brought together with a short sky walk. Check-in/out was a easy with the only complaint that we couldn't get into our room and to the water park until 4 pm. It actually worked out well with our kids because they only played at the water park for a few hours that night.

Our group headed up to bowl and eat which is conveniently located in the same area as the water park. We were able to get lane right away and order a pizza with the coupon they give you a check-in which is about $10 off the regular price. The food was OK, not the greatest but when you a fleet of kids its easier and better not to pack them in the car. I guess it makes you appreciate the food more than you would otherwise.
I would recommend bringing snacks, drinks and maybe lunch food. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room and plenty of cabinet space for storage. There is also a Super 1 Foods right next to the complex and plenty of fast food restaurants nearby.
Our group also mini-golf and played laser tag which was fun. Be prepared that everything costs about $7 per person per attraction.
Our room was a bunk bed king suite which was perfect for our family of 4. The other family also got the bunk bed-2 queen suite which was nice but probably could have used the 2 room family suite because they were pretty cramped. We did get a wonderful deal with the room being $264 the first night and $99 the second. When I booked the room the lady told me she had never seen that room fall below $99-it was a New Years Special. That of course included our water park passes.

The hotel provides a Hot continental breakfast until 10am which is good for the kids and they have wonderful coffee 24 hours a day. YUMMY! By the time you have coffee and breakfast its time to head to the water park!

The water park was great, the air is heated to 83 degrees but the water is pretty cold. Not bad but definitely could keep it a little warmer in the winter months, it did not ruin our trip by any means and it didn't even faze the kids. Great area for toddlers and the water slides were great for the older kids. The water park is open from 10am to 10 pm and is pretty quiet from 12pm-4pm with people checking in and out.

I would definitely return and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a a family getaway.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fopcookbook
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hayden when I took my daughter to Silverwood.
We spent the first day of our trip at that Water Park attatched to the Hotel and the front desk staff provided our bracelets to get in. It was very nice that they were able to do that for us, for that was just one more expense that I did not have to cover.

I had some issues with my t.v./ dvd player and when I called down to the front desk they were very quick to send someone up to my room to fix it for me.

The staff that replenished/ cleaned up the free continental breakfast was very attentive and efficient. They were also very nice to all the guests they came into contact with.

We stayed at the Hotel for three nights and four days and we had so much fun we didn't want to leave. Part of the reason was it was nice to be alone, mother and daughter with a nice place to sleep and fantastic staff.

We would definitely stay again, Thanks!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank ProudMom30
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We chose this hotel because of the water park connected to it. It was not worth it. Our room did not include the price of the wrist bands for Raptor Reef which was fine, anyone can buy them at any time. Next time I will stay elsewhere and come over and go to Raptor Reef.

I have never stayed in a hotel this loud before in my life. There's actually ear plugs in your hotel bathroom for you, and that's no joke. I could hear the man in the room next door snoring, and his wife telling him he was snoring. I heard him sneeze. I could clearly make out the tv shows on the neighbors tv. The walls must be paper thin. Kids running up and down the hallway and slamming doors. I don't think there's a "quiet time".

The staff was nice everytime I called the front desk, which was a total of about 4 times in 5 days. The b'fast staff work their butts off and keep everything full. But again, the lack of sleep is not worth it. You can't get away from all the noise on any room or floor, I asked.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank jjehere
Reviewed 2 September 2008

There is nothing special about this hotel. While newer, this hotel was poorly constructed. The walls are poorly insulated; we could hear detailed conversations in adjoining rooms. The door to our room was not hung properly as there was a continuous gap around the frame allowing hallway noise and light to seep into our room. The elevators were painfully slow. The food at the continental breakfast was not great and the dining area was extremely crowded.

The only good thing about this hotel is the adjoining family fun center. Our family had a great time here; however it is our understanding the hotel and fun center are managed separately. This rating and review does not reflect the family fun center.

The bottom line - stay someplace else.

1  Thank Walker11
Reviewed 7 August 2008

This is a nice hotel but overpriced. We have kids so they loved having the Fun Center connected to the hotel but for the price we paid per night (over $200 for a kid's suite), they should include the use of the indoor water park or build a pool for hotel guest use.

The staff was very helpful and we appreciated their restaurant suggestions.

Aside from the price and the lack of a hotel pool, we loved the hotel and location.

Reviewed 11 July 2008

My family (husband, son (12), daughter (7), ) stayed here because it was the "closest hotel to Silverwood." Well, it's not that close and some of the others are only a block or two away. This is obviously a great place for kids with the waterpark attached next door. However, we had to cut our trip short by one day because I couldn't stand the messiness. It's full of kids, so what can you expect? Stains on most of the carpeted areas in the rooms and out. Stains on the walls, sticky stuff in the breakfast area. People are allowed to walk, dripping wet and barefoot, out of the waterpark area ANYWHERE else in the hotel. They could eat at the cafe and then go back into the waterpark - all barefoot! Do you know how much water and hair was everywhere? I couldn't even go into the waterpark after thinking about all those bare feet and where they'd been - public bathrooms, crumb filled floors. I know I am over-reacting, but I also know there are other clean freaks out there who will appreciate this review before they go.
The rooms were a very nice size and the employees were all very nice and super helpful. I just couldn't get past the lack of hygiene.

3  Thank amazonaddiction
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!