“Great for kids”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Spokane, WA
“Great for kids”
Reviewed 26 August 2009

The room was great for kids - bunkbeds for them and a king size bed for us. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The girls had a great time at the water park attached to the hotel which is why we went there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank GMASpokane_WA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Seattle
Reviewed 4 August 2009

On the final day of a three day vacation one person complained that our dog barked. The general manager thoroughly embarrassed us in front of a breakfast area packed to capacity. He told us to get back to our room or we would be kicked out. Now mind you, my dog only barks if someone knocks on the door. Seriously, that's why he's the one of our two dogs that travels with us. We had enjoyed the first two days with no problems. If it wasn't for my 4-year-old wanting to go back to the water park, I would have left much earlier in the day. We were treated so terribly by Dick Scheets over the course of three hours on our final day that I complained to corporate and asked for a refund. Obviously, I doubt that will happen, but I was trying to make a point. Don't travel with pets to thos location...they are not tolerant. My suggestion is to stay at one of the other numerous hotels in the area and pay for separate admission to the water park. La Quinta is only $70 per night versus $160 for this homphobic, very pet-unfriendly establishment.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank kareawack

Travellers are raving about these Hayden hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We did not decide until the afternoon of our day of arrival if we were going to this location or not. I had called two other times before making the actual reservation. It was during the THIRD phone call that I was advised that we did not have to decide if we were going to add the packages for the attached waterpark and fun park, or not.
We spent, before taxes, $194 on the room. It was a handicap room, (which we didn't need but was all that was left when I called).
The room itself was large and clean. We had a small fridge and microwave in our room. We had a chair with end table and lamp in the 'sitting area" - as well two other chairs and a small table for eating. This area was separated by a half wall from the two queen size beds in our room.
The bathroom was very large. We did not realize that it was earplugs in the bathroom until the next morning, (I thought that they were shower caps since they were in similiar packaging.)
Other than hearing a baby cry for a few minutes during the night, (my hubby and child did not hear the baby), I found the noise level to be just fine. We did not go back to our room until after 10 pm.
We found the breakfast area employees to be plesant and they kept bringing out fresh items on a regular basis.

For an additional $45 we added the bracelets for the waterpark which were good from 4 pm to 10 pm night of arrival and 10 am until noon the next day. There is no other pool available to guests - so pay it or don't swim.

For additional $100 on top of the previous prices, we added the fun park package. They gave us unlimited mini-golf, (they have a 9 hole 'glow in the dark' indoor course and an outdoor 18 hole course), for 24 hours; and 24 attractions "points". We used our attraction points, (each of the following took one point), for the go-karts, (minimum height to drive was 56 ihches, I believe - and there was a minimum to ride - but I don't remember what it was), the bumper boats, (you CAN get SOAKED on these - don't remember minimum height), the laser tag, and the rock wall. Bowling - ten pin and duckpin - were also an option for one point per person. We also traded in some of our attraction points for 20 tokens to be used in the arcade games - but this was not a smart move. Most of the games took 2 or 3 tokens each.

As part of the fun park package we got a $40 'credit' to use on food, drinks or addtional attractions. This was enough for my family of three to get dinner and 98% of our lunch the next day, (I had to chip in $1.08). The food is okay - nothing special. We had pizza for dinner. Hot Dogs, chicken tenders, fish and chips the next. We each had a pop or water with each meal.

However - I was frightened by how few lifeguards were on duty. There was ONE lifeguard at the top of the stairs - which you need to climb if you want to go on any of the three slides. There was only ONE lifeguard for the whole downstairs area - which included the area where people come off the slides, the wave pool (which has a pretty strong current pulling you towards the deep end on the left side if facing the Raptors), the hot tub, and the children's area. This number remained the same for the two hours or so that we were there at night. The following morning, there was one additional lifeguard in the downstairs areas. I think that this is grossly understaffed. Someone could get in trouble relatively quickly there. Please keep this in mind if you are going with non-swimmers or poor swimmers.

Also, I felt that the stairs going up to the slides are in need of a good cleaning. There was dirt?? and peeling paint on many of the stairs.

Would I stay here again...although we had a good time...for the price...I don't think so. Would I recommend to a friend - I don't think so - Not for nearly $200 per night. (My total package was $339. plus tax for two adults and one nine year old.)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank MomofoneCT
Washington
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We were dissappointed to find that there was no pool for guests unless they were willing to pay $15 per guest per day to use an adjoining pool/water slide. The hotel staff did not bother to tell us that the magazines in the lobby has some discount tickets for the pool which would have helped some, but we didn't know and paid $45 for two adults and one child to swim. The rates they charge are plenty enough to be able to provide the pool to guests. The staff must get a lot of unhappy customers because they were not happy people themselves. They didn't even say thank you for staying when we checked out. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank CelebratingTogether
washington
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Typical Holiday Inn. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Contential breakfast was average. Connected water park is great for the kids! They'll tell you it's $15 for anyone to go in, even just to watch. I saw several people go into watch without paying. Don't pay the entrance fee if you are just watching. Hotel isn't very well insulated and kids are usually running up and down the halls. If you can handle this, you'll like this place. No pool access without going into the waterpark.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Was given a gift certificate for a one night stay with 4 passes to the attached indoor waterpark. Decided to purchase an extra night to make the most of the waterpark for the full day that we'd be there. Upon checking in the night clerk stated that the passes were attached to the gift cert. night and that in her computer that was booked for the 1st night and thus we had passes for that night and 2 hrs. the next morning and that there was no way she could change the nights in her computer and if I had a problem with it I needed to take it up with the person who issued the gift certificate the next day. At 75$ in passes alone that would need to be purchased, this was a disturbing trend. Then got into the room and at 9pm the rooms and hallways exploded with the sounds of arriving families around our room. By 10:45 and the noise literally drowing out our ability to hear our own TV I called the front desk and asked if they could call our neighbors and ask them to tone it down. The neighbors did for about 10 mins. and then went back to their partying so I gave up that night. The next morning I did end up talking with the person who issued the gift certificate and she had no problem switching our cert. night with the paid night in the computer and she herself wondered why the night staff didn't just do that. The second night in the room was literally worse than the first as far as noise was concerned except now the noise was also on top of us, not just on the sides and it sounded like the people above us were bowling. Having seen how many kids were in the hotel throughout the day it seemed like a lost cause to try to get any peace at night, so I just didn't try. Paper thin walls and ceiling, front desk staff that just didn't seem to care and prices that were definitely not bargain prices tell me I will never be doing this again! I would rather stay at the motel down the street and then use the waterpark at the Holiday Inn just paying for a day pass instead.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SpokaneJeff
Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed 13 February 2009

It's been a long winter, and the family needed some time to unwind from feeling housebound. A trip to Triple Play and a stay at the Holiday Inn in Hayden was exactly what we needed. Much has already been said about the water park/game center, so I won't go into that much here although we had a great time. I do want to say, though, that I feel we got excellent service at the hotel.

Rooms were clean and had all the needed amenities. We got one of the suites with kids bunk beds, which was really fun for all. The kids got their own little "room" (separated from us with a half-wall) with a small tv and felt somewhat independent, and we adults were able to relax and unwind with our own tv shows (that weren't cartoons! yea!) after the kiddos conked out early from a big day at Triple Play and Raptor Reef.

An example of great service was when I was mentioning to my husband that I had a headache and my dollar bill was too wrinkly to fit through the vending machine to get some medicine and one of the breakfast ladies overheard and offered her bottle of aspirin with a smile.

Breakfast was about as good as a free hotel buffet gets with lots of options.

My only complaint ends in a compliment on the service staff. As others have said, the walls seemed thin. As the hotel is filled with excited kids running up and down the halls I'd definitely steer clear of this place if you aren't with your family. They did have earplugs in each room which we did not find until the morning. But here's the compliment: we happened to "luck out" by getting a room next door some rowdy folks who seemed to have rented a hotel room to throw a party. (Why they chose a family hotel like this is beyond me and I would really be surprised if this was a regular occurrence here.) I did call the front desk (something I usually never do) and they said they'd take care of it and within a few minutes I heard a knock on the door of our neighbors and the noise all but disappeared.

With a hotel, it really is the little things, and I appreciated feeling like my needs were important to the staff. We'll make a stay here a yearly trip during the winter doldrums, and maybe stay during the summer trek up to Silverwood as well. With the adjoining water park etc and the package deals to be had, it is well worth the inexpensive price!

• Liked — proximity to triple play and raptor reef, excellent service from staff
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank glowtricities
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!