“Disappointed with Service”

Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Booked the Holiday Inn and Express specifically to have access to the water park - Raptor Reef. As our stay here last year was quite good, I decided to go back again. The room was comfortable, great location, clean and great service - who wouldn't go back! I am always happy staying at Holiday Inn's and am a Priority Club Member, which unfortuantely, means absolutely nothing here.

We knew that it was too early to check in, but went to the front desk to advise them that we were here and to ask if we could have the same room (or in the general vacinity) of the room we had on our previous stay. The girls at the desk seemed great and said that there would be no problem that they couldn't tell us the room number but would put us in that same room - bottom level with sliding door to outside. I went back throughout the day hoping that the room was ready - 2:00 p.m. not ready. There was a staff shift change at my next check at 3:00 p.m room still not ready, again at 4:30 and this time the clerk indicates that he will check to see if the room is ready. Yes he says it is ready, but it is not the room that we waited all day for. I indicated that the girls said they would reserve that room for us. He hummed and hawed and looked through available rooms on the computer for 5 minutes or so, then finally gave us the room that we requested. I still don't know what the issue was or why I got the run around. I just took the keys - am still bewildered by it all!

Will definitely think twice about staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank mardia
There are newer reviews for Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Connected to Triple Play which is home to indoor water park, go carts, mini golf. Also has a bowling alley with cosmic bowling, pizza, and a rock climbing section on the lower floor.

Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank BrendaH3
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We really enjoyed our stay here ... I was surprised to hear the bad reviews ... we stayed at for 3 nights and used the waterpark for one of those days ... loved the waterpark (raptor reef) that is connected to hotel ... there was hardly anybody there and we never had to wait in line to use the waterslides ... we also used the bowling alley twice which was tons of fun ... it is cheaper to use during "off" days as they offer discounts ... as for the room, we loved it ... very comfortable and clean and quiet (even though we were looking at the waterpark we heard no noise) ... breakfast was great and staff was friendly ... we are already planning our next trip!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jmsclanders
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Myself, husband and 2 daughters travel extensively and always stay at Holiday Inn's. We are Priority Points members as well. This Holiday Inn was horrible. It was expensive and had no benefits. Every other Holiday Inn at least acknowledges us as Priority Points members and thanks us for continuing to choose to stay at their hotels. Not even a mention here. Further to that our next Holiday Inn not only acknowledged but gave us a welcome care package!. There was no pool at this hotel, apparently because they are connected to the water park they can't have one. Yet, guests still have to pay $15 per person to use the water park. The walls were thin, the front counter staff couldn't be bothered to end their personal phone call on more then one occasion to help us, there was 1 guest laundry, and the elevators were so slow (only 1). We stayed at this one instead of the one actually in Coeur D'Alene because we thought it would be that much closer to the theme park. The 2 towns are right side by side. The distance is not a big deal at all and Coeur D'Alene is absolutely beautiful. Overall - Very Very disappointed and ticked I paid that much for nothing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank luvmygirls
Reviewed 26 August 2009

The room was great for kids - bunkbeds for them and a king size bed for us. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The girls had a great time at the water park attached to the hotel which is why we went there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank GMASpokane_WA
Reviewed 4 August 2009

On the final day of a three day vacation one person complained that our dog barked. The general manager thoroughly embarrassed us in front of a breakfast area packed to capacity. He told us to get back to our room or we would be kicked out. Now mind you, my dog only barks if someone knocks on the door. Seriously, that's why he's the one of our two dogs that travels with us. We had enjoyed the first two days with no problems. If it wasn't for my 4-year-old wanting to go back to the water park, I would have left much earlier in the day. We were treated so terribly by Dick Scheets over the course of three hours on our final day that I complained to corporate and asked for a refund. Obviously, I doubt that will happen, but I was trying to make a point. Don't travel with pets to thos location...they are not tolerant. My suggestion is to stay at one of the other numerous hotels in the area and pay for separate admission to the water park. La Quinta is only $70 per night versus $160 for this homphobic, very pet-unfriendly establishment.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank kareawack
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We did not decide until the afternoon of our day of arrival if we were going to this location or not. I had called two other times before making the actual reservation. It was during the THIRD phone call that I was advised that we did not have to decide if we were going to add the packages for the attached waterpark and fun park, or not.
We spent, before taxes, $194 on the room. It was a handicap room, (which we didn't need but was all that was left when I called).
The room itself was large and clean. We had a small fridge and microwave in our room. We had a chair with end table and lamp in the 'sitting area" - as well two other chairs and a small table for eating. This area was separated by a half wall from the two queen size beds in our room.
The bathroom was very large. We did not realize that it was earplugs in the bathroom until the next morning, (I thought that they were shower caps since they were in similiar packaging.)
Other than hearing a baby cry for a few minutes during the night, (my hubby and child did not hear the baby), I found the noise level to be just fine. We did not go back to our room until after 10 pm.
We found the breakfast area employees to be plesant and they kept bringing out fresh items on a regular basis.

For an additional $45 we added the bracelets for the waterpark which were good from 4 pm to 10 pm night of arrival and 10 am until noon the next day. There is no other pool available to guests - so pay it or don't swim.

For additional $100 on top of the previous prices, we added the fun park package. They gave us unlimited mini-golf, (they have a 9 hole 'glow in the dark' indoor course and an outdoor 18 hole course), for 24 hours; and 24 attractions "points". We used our attraction points, (each of the following took one point), for the go-karts, (minimum height to drive was 56 ihches, I believe - and there was a minimum to ride - but I don't remember what it was), the bumper boats, (you CAN get SOAKED on these - don't remember minimum height), the laser tag, and the rock wall. Bowling - ten pin and duckpin - were also an option for one point per person. We also traded in some of our attraction points for 20 tokens to be used in the arcade games - but this was not a smart move. Most of the games took 2 or 3 tokens each.

As part of the fun park package we got a $40 'credit' to use on food, drinks or addtional attractions. This was enough for my family of three to get dinner and 98% of our lunch the next day, (I had to chip in $1.08). The food is okay - nothing special. We had pizza for dinner. Hot Dogs, chicken tenders, fish and chips the next. We each had a pop or water with each meal.

However - I was frightened by how few lifeguards were on duty. There was ONE lifeguard at the top of the stairs - which you need to climb if you want to go on any of the three slides. There was only ONE lifeguard for the whole downstairs area - which included the area where people come off the slides, the wave pool (which has a pretty strong current pulling you towards the deep end on the left side if facing the Raptors), the hot tub, and the children's area. This number remained the same for the two hours or so that we were there at night. The following morning, there was one additional lifeguard in the downstairs areas. I think that this is grossly understaffed. Someone could get in trouble relatively quickly there. Please keep this in mind if you are going with non-swimmers or poor swimmers.

Also, I felt that the stairs going up to the slides are in need of a good cleaning. There was dirt?? and peeling paint on many of the stairs.

Would I stay here again...although we had a good time...for the price...I don't think so. Would I recommend to a friend - I don't think so - Not for nearly $200 per night. (My total package was $339. plus tax for two adults and one nine year old.)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank MomofoneCT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!