“An Absolute Must Stay in Idaho”

Clark House on Hayden Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hayden Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I just completed my annual trip to Clark House Bed and Breakfast in Hayden Lake, Idaho. My stays continue to get better with each visit. Colby and the staff are really great. It was nice to return and have the staff remember my name. Kevin and the kitchen staff continue to do wonders with food. Breakfast is a daily surprise and the Piano Bar appetizers are exciting. My favorite is the Sesame Covered Seared Ahi in the Piano Bar. I stayed in the Honeysuckle Suite--a large many windowed room with a view of the lake and the East lawn where I watched a doe and her fawns play early each morning. My balcony was large and was great to have my morning coffee and read the paper online. The highlight of my visit was a reunion with Ron Pass who plays in the Piano Bar. I love to watch an entertainer enjoy entertaining. And this young man does that very thing. A group of friends and I have already made plans to return next July 30th.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway, and were thrilled with the charming house, the location, and most of all, the staff. Colby, the manager was a great source of information. The kitchen did a great job of meeting my dietary needs - gluten and dairy free, and the food was delicious. The highlight was all of the other guests we met over breakfast and dinner. This is a wonderful place to stay, or to come for a great dinner.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at the Clark House while friends were competing the the Ironman competition. Everything was perfect. Our host, Colby, was attentive, the food was delicious (we also had dinner there one night), the room was clean and comfortable, and the overall setting outstanding. Perfect for a couples get-away or a quiet setting for a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at the Clark house for 3 nights. It was a l
Very large room.. Comfortable bed. The staff was helpful. The views from all the windows are
Beautiful... The only downfall.. If I had to mention one ... No air condition. I'm from the south and
We love our AC... But it is worth a visit if you are ever in Hayden, Idaho. The lake is gorgeous.
Tell them Marc and Jerri sent you. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Clark H, General Manager at Clark House on Hayden Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank You so much for your kind review of your stay with us. We did not get air conditioners installed by our planned date. As of July 17th 2013, rooms have air conditioning. Thanks for your patience.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Clark House is exceptional. Beautifully appointed and welcoming. The service is superb and the food is excellent. We had the pleasure of meeting Michael and Colby during our stay. Colby and Chef Kevin truly do an excellent job looking after their guests. We plan to return again and again to this oasis of tranquility.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

If you want excellent food, ambiance and a trip into the past rich in history here is your place.
Mark, Monty, Kevin, Colby, Katy and Julie are the best service providers in the area and treat you like family. I continue to frequent here and introduce as many people as I can to share in the magic that is the Clark House experience.

Room Tip: Winnifred's suite was feminine and well decorated.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Grace S
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We came up to Hayden Lake from Spokane to complete my cousin's 80th birthday celebration. As soon as we arrived we knew we should have booked more than one night. THE house is marvelous, venues for reading/resting/relaxing and simply enjoying the entire "package" were many. Dinner was fantastic, breakfast missed a piece of bread but otherwise was very good.

Room Tip: All rooms do not have a view of the water but of the forest.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Been to Clark House on Hayden Lake? Share your experiences!