“The real thing...”

Sarsaparilla Ice Cream Parlor and Gift
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Idaho City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: SArsaparilla Ice Cream Parlor & Gift serves made-to-order Ice Cream, Milkshakes, Specialty Coffee, Cappuccino's & Latte's. We also have hand crafted deli wraps all prepared with market fresh ingredients. Gift baskets, chocolate, sweets & Treats. Flower arrangements are also available .
“The real thing...”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you're in Idaho City and you bump into Sarsaparilla's, it was no accident. You can't find an old-timey ice cream parlor like this anywhere else that I know of. I know it's already been listed, but the huckleberry ice cream is unbelievable. Though I've been there half a dozen times, I don't think I've ever tried another flavor and don't see any reason to. I'd just end up getting a couple scoops of the huckleberry anyway and curse the first 400 delicious calories as well as space in my belly that could have been completely taken up with huckleberry ice cream.

• Visited August 2013

“Ice cream!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Het they put a jelly bean in the bottome of the cone before they fill it with yummy goodness! Try the Huckleberry or go for the gold pan special!

Visited March 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Perfect Spot For Something Cool”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was surprised at how many flavors of ice cream they had. Several kinds of candy if you're not into ice cream. It was very good and I would go back next time I'm in Idaho City.

• Visited September 2013
TN
“Old fashioned treat!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were passing through Idaho City on a family trip that took us through Idaho-Oregon-Washington. We were staying in a nearby yurt for a night and ventured into town for food and browsing of the historical attractions. We thoroughly enjoyed the cool treat of a hand-dipped icecream cone on a hot day in the Ice Cream Parlor. Everyone else must have too - the place was packed and buzzing with activity! Worth the stop!

• Visited August 2013
Independence, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ever Ice cream”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

we stopped on a hot day and just had a Cone but this is not just a Cone, the taste is unique and you will never forget it.SUPER

• Visited July 2012