“Terrible”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

What's that terrible smell? It smells like smoke in the room, eventhough the hotel is non smoking. It's a really disgusting smell, which makes you wanna leave every moment.
There was a dog in the swimming pool.
This hotel is really a waste of money! STAY OUT!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank BeschP
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Captain_obvious69,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us and I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. The hotel is in the process of upgrading and deep cleaning areas of the hotel. As the new General Manager of Shilo Inn Idaho Falls these issues are being addressed and I appreciate your feedback.

Rebecca Andersson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Clearly lost his momentum with time. 1970 look. Price on the upperside of his class, but has a beautiful location/view, when you have a lake/river room. + walking distance from the very good restaurant Jakers (also open on Sunday).

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Erwin H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We do have a great location on the Snake River and a convenient access to the river walk as well as many good local restaurants. We are currently working on upgrading some areas of the hotel and would love to have you back to see the changes we are making.

Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

It's true that the Shilo Inn is not for you if you're looking for something Ritzy however the location is great, the rooms are big, and there are some breathtaking views! I stay at the Shilo whenever I make a trip to Idaho Falls for a couple of reasons: the front desk staff has always been friendly, the pool is open 24/7--2:00am swims are the best!, their breakfast is tasty, and the location couldn't be better--you're not in the busy hustle and bustle but you are close enough to where it's not a hassle to go out and do things.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river on the third floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jessier1994
Dear jessier1994,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Idaho Falls location and were able to take advantage of our 24 hour pool as well as our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Spokane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I read all of the reviews and thought that " it can't be THAT bad", well it absolutely is. First, there were used feminine products left in the bathroom trash can. I thought that I could overlook that because after all, people make mistakes. Then there was the hall way, an empty disposable coffee cup that was still there in the morning. The resturant serves a quality of food that I would throw out at home. I got to the resturant at about 9 pm, horrible, again I thought " well, it's late in the evening and they are getting ready to close" wrong again. I went to the 6 am breakfast at around 6:20 and it was if they had cooked it the night before. My room only had decaf coffee as well as the shower that I hadn't been in yet had black hair in it as well as the bathroom floor. When I checked out one day after my scheduled 6 night stay, they tried to charge me for two nights...oops they said. After telling this to the front desk I was told by the desk help " I will have a strong word with the cleaning staff" , wow thanks that makes me feel much better. It was obvious that the staff could not care less. Later this week I will get the same heartfelt apology from someone that everyone else has gotten. It is time for the shilo in Idaho falls to put up or shut up or better yet, clean up or close up. I stay in towns all over the place as a pilot and this ranks number one for the worst hotel experience EVER.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul L
Dear Paul L,

I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay at our Idaho Falls location. Unfortunately, I was not yet here when you stayed with us and if I was, these matters would have been addressed immediately. As the new General Manager of Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I take customer service very seriously and am working with the entire staff to better the property in all aspects. I appreciate your feedback and will be informing the staff of these concerns during our meetings and training.

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Horsham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I would not recommend this hotel because of the appalling service and attitude of the staff on reception and in the dining room. We only stayed one night here, but never again. We arrived about 9.50 pm to check in which I know is late, there was only one woman on reception, there was a long queue for checking in. It was Saturday night and the night club next to reception was booming out music which thankfully our room was not near to it. It took us 50 minutes to check in, they couldn't find the booking. Eventually she put us in a disabled room with two queen beds. The shower and toilet were filthy, the water was either freezing or scolding hot. In the morning we just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. The young waitress in the breakfast room was miserable and unhelpful, she was wearing a hoody and leggings and looked as though she had been in the nightclub all night. We asked for tea and toast and 15 minutes later were given one slice of toast each. I spoke to the staff on the desk ( now 3 in total). I asked what their complaint procedure was, they were clueless, just handed me a feedback postcard. Avoid this hotel if you can.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Denise W,

Please accept my apologies regarding your stay at our Idaho Falls location. I assure you that your concerns are being addressed at the property. Please know this is not the norm for Shilo Inns and we take customer satisfaction very seriously. As the new General Manager of Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I am actively working on improving many aspects of the hotel. If you would like to speak about any further concerns I would love to speak with you and get you taken care of. I can be contacted at the property, 208-523-0088.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

It was a nice size room a little pricey even if it was by the river. Room was clean and had all it said it would. Pool was useable but tiles were falling off hot tub. Breakfast was more choices and food was good except maybe eggs. Might try a different motel for same price next time.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Momthom,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls property. The hotel does have a great location lining the Snake River, and understand that some areas of the hotel need some renovation, which we are currently working on. As the new General Manager of the Shilo Inn Idaho Falls, I appreciate your feedback to better our property.

Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night ..soo glad it was one night only! Pics online showed a nice seemingly updated room but looks can be deceiving! The bed was at least comfortable and clean...but our room was old and tired and had seen better days! Counters were old and corners were cracked and rough. Soaps and towels were cheap and thin. Shower was not real clean. Had a sink bar area in room but did not have dishes or kitchen towels or dish detergent to rinse out glasses. Coffee pot was missing the basket for the coffee and no sugar or creamer either. Serve a breakfast but it was pitiful! Tasteless eggs, shriveled and chewy sausage links..only allow one coffee or juice..
. Hallway was smelly and only one ice machine was working on three floors..not ours..had to go up a floor. Security was not good.. someone kept propping the door to the rooms open and anyone could walkin. Outside parking area is dirty and grounds not well kept..shoulda been our first clue... It is a hotel that a lot of construction people stay at in transit...nicer places just next door..Hampton Inn, Hyatt. Etc. Don't waste your money here.

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JanGeorgia,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We would like you to know that we are working on upgrading certain areas of our property. As the new General Manager of the Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I appreciate your feedback to better our property and I will be sharing your concerns with the rest of our staff.