“Perfectly fine lodging on a budget”
Review of Motel West

Motel West
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
greenacres
“Perfectly fine lodging on a budget”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This motel was tidy and comfortable and a good bargain at just over 50 bucks. It has a fridge, a microwave, in room coffee, a hair dryer and the mattress wasn't the usual slab of granite. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wileykeeton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you want a comfortable bed with your vehicle close to your door. If you want easy access to I-15 but no freeway noise. If you want a reasonably low price, a convenient location close to all night eateries and friendly advice and answers to your questions. If you want fresh baked cookies on arrival and a light but adequate breakfast to prepare you for another day on the road, then this would be the place for you. Of course, there are other choices at more than twice the price, but I would rather have the money in my jeans.
I drive three times a year from Edmonton, Alberta to Las Vegas, Nevada and always stay at this great halfway house. Nothing fancy, but safe and quiet with an office that is always open (just in case I am late.) Just about a block west of -15 on exit 118. I also recommend Shari's diner beside I-15 (east side) on the same street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Red W
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked this motel approx. 40 days prior to arrival and we had two special requests for non smoking and a ground floor room since we both have mobility problems. We guaranteed our stay with a credit card but could cancel until the day prior to arrival without penalty. When we arrived we were told they could not honor either request and they had no way of reaching to let us know. They offered us a main floor smokers room and to spray it but opening the door of this room caused my wife's throat to close shut almost immediately. So that was a no go.

Since we were required to pay ( too late to cancel on Booking.com) we tried to make due with a 2nd floor room, two flights of cement stairs and a long walk to the room. I had been hit by a car in January so I could carry little and it took four trips back & forth to bring a few items for the night to our room...the luggage and heavier items we left in the trunk.

The actual room was comfortable, The so called breakfast was the worst we had experienced in three weeks of travel and saying nothing more is the kindest thing I can do for them.

The next morning trying to leave we again had to go back & forth on these stairs but now maids had carts lined up across the bottom of the stairs so we had to make a path through them several times as they kept blocking the stairs after we pushed them aside. The maids were planning the cleaning for the day and stocking these carts. I wrote a review for this motel and for Booking.com but so far they have refused to share so as an adviser here I am sharing with your readers.

Initially I forgot to say the intake room clerk said, "it was our fault for not phoning them directly with our requests!"

Room Tip: right now I have none but perhaps dealing directly with this place will get you better service.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank honydo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A really great budget friendly motel. I booked this based on reviews on this site. Normally I would play it safe and stick to a known chain but this trip we got in late and away early so didn't care about all the amenities. That being said they did have a decent pool and continental breakfast. The front desk clerk was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarriedMeAJamaican
Polson, Montana
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is by no means a luxurious hotel. It's cheap and the price reflects. That being said, our beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and the front desk was extremely welcoming. I must say, I had one of the most awesome hotel showers ever! Extra bonuses were a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker with all the fixings, and a hair dryer. Overall I would definitely stay here if I ever travel to Idaho Falls again.

Room Tip: Chose a non-smoking room. We stayed in non-smoking and our friends had a smoking room. Our room wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mysticeyezz
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed there from March 4-7 when our car broke down and we had to get repairs. The hotel (and tranny shop) was recommended by some ladies at the Stinker's across the street. Our nonsmoking room was quite quiet and very clean but big old TV. Coffee, decaf, tea, in room plus fridge and microwave. Great water pressure in shower, lots of hot water.

The pool is a nice temperature and the hot tub very nice and warm; lots of towels available in the pool area. They have a lift for physically challenged people to enjoy the pool too. Some nice benches and a table to sit at, a small bathroom to use.

Continental breakfast is the usual toast, muffins, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, cold cereal, oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins available. Attached to the hotel at one end is a very nice little restaurant with all kinds of homemade pies but only open until 4pm. A coupon at the hotel will give you 10% off your restaurant bill.

Front desk people and housekeeping all very friendly. Pet friendly. Laundromat on site, but I did not use it. A good value with basic amenities. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allardkg
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We didn't need much, just a clean bed and shower. This gave us that. It is an older hotel, was larger than I expected. It has only the basics, but is in good repair and most important was clean. There was a pool and two pieces of exercise equipment. They offered "breakfast" in the morning, but it was only cold cereal and some rolls. You'd think they could have had oatmeal packets.
The bed was comfy, the room a good size. They had a microwave and iirc a refrigerator in the room. It is right off the freeway and convenient to town. We were very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple