“Are we talking about the same place?”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We ended up here because the first hotels we checked couldnt get us in until and we were exhausted. I checked reviews and so nothing but positives so we headed over. I was hesitant when we drove up but the reviews said it was old, which isnt bad, but run down and dirty is bad... Now i wonder if there's another place with the same name.

Pros: very nice staff, nice courtyard. Has pool and spa (though I couldn't see them). Good sized rooms. Around the corner fom Morenitas, a delicious Mexican restaurant.

Cons: Dirty. The sheets were clean but that was about it. The walls and chairs were stained. The rooms are dark. The hallway carpets are threadbare. Some of the hallway windows facing the parking lot were broken. And we paid about the same as what the hotels by the falls were charging.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank qflojera

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Good staff,well maintained rooms with a fridge,microwave and clean sheets on bed and a beautiful outdoor pool with free continental breakfast.... What else would anyone need....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ashley n
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed for a night during a road trip. Rooms were a bit dated in their decor, and the bathroom was a bit cramped, but it was perfectly fine. A bit out of the way from the highway, but otherwise fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RyanP85
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was spending the night at The Pinecrest due to a group I belong to having a NYE party. First they did not have my reservation but they did get me the room I wanted where I wanted it, convenient to the conference building.The carpet needs replacing but the bathroom looked like it had been upgraded. . Beds were ave. Continental breakfast was bare minimum. Do not understand why guests with dogs can only stay in smoking rooms. I ignored this policy because I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and do not want to subject my dogs to it either so I did not tell the desk I had dogs. Better off at a Motel 6 as the rooms are comparable but cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank tetondude
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was just adequate. We weren't looking for a real nice place....just a bed and then off again in the morning. The bed looked well used...it was a bit bowed in the middle but it was clean. It was an older motel. I don't really know the difference between an "Inn" and a "Motel". The price was rock bottom for the area.

Room Tip: Part of the hotel seemed below ground where we stayed....made it quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This was an overnight stop on our trip to Yellowstone. It was roomy and clean. We had good wifi access, and it was near a number of good food options.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dave_fisk
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I travel to Idaho Falls frequently and because I have to pay for these trips out of my own pocket, I always look for moderately-priced accommodations. I've been fortunate enough to be able to snag good rates for the Pinecrest Inn on three of my five trips in the last 10 months. It is by far the best place I've stayed. The room is spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The Continental breakfast is very good. The pool and hot tub are nice. I like the fact that the offer a free shuttle to/from the airport and it is prompt and reliable (waited for over an hour at the airport for the airport shuttle from the last place I stayed!) The location is OK - it would be a bit of a problem if you didn't have a car (I borrow a family car when I'm there). Overall, my first choice in Idaho falls.

Area recommendations