“Well worth it”

Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
“Well worth it”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After I booked our room, I read several negative reviews and was a bit concerned. We had stayed at an awful motel the night before on our trip with our kids, and were looking forward to a clean room with a good view. We were not disappointed. The room had a very pleasing view of the park and falls. The room was very clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again when traveling through Idaho Falls.

• Stayed August 2013
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Loonymc,

Thank you for your kind review. I agree we have had some difficulties with getting the place back to where it should be and we appreciate you recognizing the improvements! I am glad your stay went splendidly! I look forward to seeing you here again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Lucky that we only had to stay for one night.
After arriving one of our beds was made, but not changed. The kind lady at the desk appologized. And promised to send someone to clean it. (Took 3 hours and a walk to the reception As a reminder we wanted 2 clean beds not 1)
Also only one towel in the room.
But All the staff was friendly and willing to help.
The night however was horrible! We had a room in the lower level.
The Guys who stayed in the room above us started their own party at 3.30am...we didn't sleep untill 5.30 and at 7am it started again. Just dredfull. But this isn't anything the hotel can help.
However one night was enough for us.
Photo's on the website, we think are misleading. By night it looks good, but during daytime...see for yourself.
But again our compliment for the staff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Beetlechickie,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I apologize about the less than wonderful stay. I take room cleanliness extremely seriously and clean sheets are mandatory. I have talked with my Executive Housekeeper about your experience and reiterated to her to stress with all the housekeepers that their job is to make a room exceptionally clean in every regard.

I am so sorry about the noise from the room above you. I know it is very frustrating when you are trying to fall asleep to have circumstances you cannot control prevent you from that sleep.

I will continue to work with my team to get the hotel back up to expectations so each and every guest will have a great experience.

Enjoy a marvelous day!

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Tooele, Utah
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was very disappointing. We made the reservations a month in advance through roomstays.com and paid in advance, but when we arrived at the hotel they did not have our reservation on file. We had to wait over an hour in the lobby and then the clerk was saying we might have to pay again which was not okay. We finally had her call roomstays.com to get the information (even though I had the confirmation information with me). We finally were able to check in but did not get the room we paid for and did not get the extra towels we asked for. Might not stay here again if this is how they handle the reservations.

Room Tip: Call to confirm before check-in.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jeffendoffy,

I am so sorry about the discrepancies with your reservation and the inadequate manner in which the desk agent worked to resolve the problem. You shouldn’t have been kept waiting for an hour to get into a room. I will discuss this with each of my guest service representatives and we will work with roomstays.com to see why the reservation didn’t come through to us in the first place.

Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!
I hope you have a marvelously wonderful day!
Salmon, Idaho
Reviewed 10 August 2013

On Aug. 7, 2013, I called the Hotel on the Falls in Idaho Falls, Idaho to make reservations for the next day. Cheyenne, the desk receptionist, was one of the kindest, most helpful customer service persons I have ever experienced. She had a friendly voice, answered all questions thoroughly, and efficiently booked our rooms overlooking the falls. What a pleasure it was to do business with her!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LizLim
Lizlim,

Thank your for your kudos to Cheyenne! I know she will be very excited to get specifically named in a review! I will also post it for all the other guest service agents to see as motivation to them.

I am so glad you had a great stay. I hope we will get to see you again in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Despite a nice location, I have no idea how this hotel is listed with a 3-star rating. I booked the hotel nearly two months ago and, at the time, the recent customer reviews were pretty consistent with a 3-star rating. But after staying here, I will have to echo the majority of the recent, poor reviews. This is a 2-star hotel at best - and that is only if you are fortunate enough to get an "inside" room. I was told I booked a poolside room, even though the reservation service did not specify room classes. The "poolside" rooms are definitely 1-star as others have indicated - outside entrances, stains everywhere - was that a pool? Property is in dire need of a major facelift across the board. My take is that the manager may be trying very hard to make the most of it, but without a major investment by ownership this property will continue to die a slow death.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott B.
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I agree the hotel needs a lot of TLC. I am working with the team to get the hotel back where it should be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Enjoy an incredibly superb day!
West Valley City, UT
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Nice, older motel. Comfortable bed, great shower. If you want room with view of falls: ask for it and get there early. We ended up in an annex by the pool but it was a good stay. Good breakfast included with very attentive staff. On to Jackson!

• Stayed August 2013
WestValleyTraveler,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a comfortable stay. I hope your trip to Jackson went splendidly.

I wish you every happiness!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked our reservations online for July 17th. I called and confirmed our reservations the day before, only to find out our reservation was not in the system. After a coupe of phone calls to the online booking company, the issue was resolved - we thought all was well. When we arrived on the 17th, our room had been prepaid and confirmed, but there was no room for us. The front desk was very apologetic, congenial, and accommodating. They put us in a really nice suite, much more expensive than the room we had originally booked and made things right with us.

We were impressed with the nice accommodations, great breakfast in the morning, and the customer service and problem resolution. I believe the manager was Brandon - great representative. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Beachlover1957,

I am sorry about the reservation discrepancies. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to a nice suite as an alternative. I am glad the rest of your stay went well and we hope to see you here again in the future!

Enjoy a beautiful day!