“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I must say, after reading some of the reviews on here, I was expecting the worst staying at this hotel on a recent business trip, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I stayed in the main tower with a room overlooking the falls (great view btw), so I can't speak for the other part of the hotel. My room fine, it was clean and updated. The free breakfast with also more than ample. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. My business partners were actually mad that they had picked other hotels after they saw my room.

If I have to go to Idaho Falls in the future, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
D D,

Thank you for your great review. I am so glad that despite the bad reviews you decided to give us a chance to see the changes we are implementing. I am also happy to know that during your interactions with the guest service agents, they were helpful and friendly.

I am excited to see you here again in the future!

I wish you a day of excitement and fun!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Wasilla, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

the FISRT room smelled musty/ old !!!! the carpet was pretty grungy & one of the beds had a LOT of hair in it!!! the 2nd room was better....but could still use a good facelift & nicer thicker newer towels !! wasn't baad but NOT what we expected!! breakfast was good!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Faithfischer,

I am so sorry the first room wasn't cleaned appropriately. I will discuss with my executive housekeeper your experience and retrain housekeeping staff to make sure they are deep cleaning all rooms that had a pet stay in them. I sincerely apologize your stay wasn't as you expected. We should have been able to meet your expectations and then exceed them. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to see how we have improved!

Enjoy and incredible day!

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Boise, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The rooms were very clean, quiet, there was a restaurant on site with outside seating looking out at the falls. That being said, the decor and layout of the rooms reminded me of a frat house. No style, red, yellow and green plaid comforters??? There is so much room available that just a little imagination a change of lay out and decor would really benefit this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Deanna W,

Thank you for your review! I hope that you are having a great vacation. I agree that there are so many possibilities with different hotel spaces and other venues you find yourself in during the week. I sometimes think I should have gone into interior design! I would love to have carte blanche and be able to rearrange, introduce better a color schemata, and unique decor for Hotel on the Falls. It would be so fun. Unfortunately, I do not have that privilege. I'm glad to know you have a vision of a better designed hotel room!

I wish you the best and a creative day!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I would not hesitate to stay here again if there was nothing better available nearby. How's that for faint praise?
The fact is, nothing in my experience was bad. The room was elderly but genteel, and reasonably quiet. It was comfortable and I slept well.
But things wear out. They need to be freshened up.
The staff were very good, and ...oh, my, how do I find he words to express that subtle undertow of disappointment that is so hard to pin on any single set of issues? There were no issues. Maybe I just shouldn't stay at hotels like this.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Adox,

I am sorry your stay was a disappointment. I agree that as our hotel is older a lot of the things do need to be updated. I do know that the owners have a long term property improvement plan to get the hotel to the modern feel and look that is expected of all savvy travelers.

I apologize that your stay with us didn't leave you energized, excited, and ready to conquer the world!

I sincerely hope you are able to enjoy the rest of summer and defeat all of Don Quixote's windmills!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

After I booked our room, I read several negative reviews and was a bit concerned. We had stayed at an awful motel the night before on our trip with our kids, and were looking forward to a clean room with a good view. We were not disappointed. The room had a very pleasing view of the park and falls. The room was very clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again when traveling through Idaho Falls.

• Stayed August 2013
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Loonymc,

Thank you for your kind review. I agree we have had some difficulties with getting the place back to where it should be and we appreciate you recognizing the improvements! I am glad your stay went splendidly! I look forward to seeing you here again in the future!
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Lucky that we only had to stay for one night.
After arriving one of our beds was made, but not changed. The kind lady at the desk appologized. And promised to send someone to clean it. (Took 3 hours and a walk to the reception As a reminder we wanted 2 clean beds not 1)
Also only one towel in the room.
But All the staff was friendly and willing to help.
The night however was horrible! We had a room in the lower level.
The Guys who stayed in the room above us started their own party at 3.30am...we didn't sleep untill 5.30 and at 7am it started again. Just dredfull. But this isn't anything the hotel can help.
However one night was enough for us.
Photo's on the website, we think are misleading. By night it looks good, but during daytime...see for yourself.
But again our compliment for the staff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Beetlechickie,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I apologize about the less than wonderful stay. I take room cleanliness extremely seriously and clean sheets are mandatory. I have talked with my Executive Housekeeper about your experience and reiterated to her to stress with all the housekeepers that their job is to make a room exceptionally clean in every regard.

I am so sorry about the noise from the room above you. I know it is very frustrating when you are trying to fall asleep to have circumstances you cannot control prevent you from that sleep.

I will continue to work with my team to get the hotel back up to expectations so each and every guest will have a great experience.

Enjoy a marvelous day!
Tooele, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was very disappointing. We made the reservations a month in advance through roomstays.com and paid in advance, but when we arrived at the hotel they did not have our reservation on file. We had to wait over an hour in the lobby and then the clerk was saying we might have to pay again which was not okay. We finally had her call roomstays.com to get the information (even though I had the confirmation information with me). We finally were able to check in but did not get the room we paid for and did not get the extra towels we asked for. Might not stay here again if this is how they handle the reservations.

Room Tip: Call to confirm before check-in.