“Disregard the bad reviews!”
Review of Hotel on the Falls

and 1 more site!
Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Hamilton, Montana, United States
“Disregard the bad reviews!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I had read thoroughly reviews before I came. I did upgrade to the Tower, mostly for location. I have so many good things to say I hardly know where to begin. First, gorgeous property, gorgeous location, literally on the falls. Saw no signs of aging, many updates.Nathan at the front desk did a fine job, as did Michaela(or similar name starting with m)when she was deluged by customers.Best bath products I have seen in a long time. Beautiful restaurant area. Great bed, couch seemed very good for sleeping if needed. I have traveled a lot and worked in the travel industry and this place deserves every star it got, Do be warned that whatever Hotwire or Priceline might say, they don't have an airport shuttle, though they did pay for my taxi.

Room Tip: Tower, Tower, Tower! I did not see the poolside rooms, which are cheaoer.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Carol P,

It was such a delight to have you at our hotel! I hope you were able to enjoy the concert while you were in town!

Thank you for your great review. We are definitely trying to ensure that each and every guest has the same wonderful experience you listed.

Have an undeniably fantastic autumn!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I booked my room through expedia.com. The online reservation stated it was a non smoking, king bed, pool side room for $75. Ok, pretty cheap and close to the freeway. I book online, when I arrive to my room (173) I find it is not in the main building but in a smaller adjacent building that resembles a motel. The room itself was small but had a couch, king size bed as advertised, microwave and fridge. I noticed first off that the comforter and blankets on the bed were tucked under the mattress in a spot and when I pulled the comforter back I found that the blanket and sheets were very wrinkled and crinkled up as if the bed had been remade with the dirty sheets still on it. My dog also discovered a dog bone under the bed and garbage under the couch, in addition the floor appeared to have not been vacuumed. I called the front desk and mentioned the rooms condition and the clerk immediately offered to put me in a room in the main tower. This room was much larger with two queen size beds. (279) When I came in I noticed the lamp by the bed would not work, I found it wasn't plugged in, and also the clock radio was sitting on top of the microwave unplugged with the cord wrapped around it. I also found a used coffee filter in the coffee pot and the floor was dirty and very stained. Also one of the beds sheets were loose and had appeared to of been sat on. I decided to just let it be despite this room also being unsatisfactory as I was pretty beat at this point. When I turned on the heater a very strong odor of burning hair came out, so strong it burned my eyes. Also I could not find the room service menu and discovered it under the bed where the lamp should have been plugged in. Even with that I was going to just stay in the room however, as I was leaving the desk clerk asked if the new room was better. I politely told her it wasn't much better and explained what I found, so then she offered to move me to a third room. (277) This room was better, everything was plugged in although the floor lamp by the doors bulb must have been burnt out as it did not work. Hoping to sit down and relax for a moment I searched for the tv remote for several minutes until I almost gave up, on a whim I looked under the bed and there it was! This room also had urine droplets on the toilet seat. The room also reeked like some kind of animal urine. I'm done requesting new rooms however, apparently they are all being cleaned by the same housekeeper. I have no quam staying in an old hotel/motel as long as it is clean! Being a housekeeper in the oncology department in a hospital for over 2 years I understand how difficult housekeeping can be, however I turned over patient hospital rooms in the same or less amount of time it takes to turn over a motel room, (most of the time with patients still in their rooms), and these rooms were almost STERILE! The only reason for a dirty room is the time isn't taken to clean it PROPERLY! Get a routine down with your housekeepers or hire new ones! All of these rooms I have been in do not face the water, but rather face the parking lots. Perhaps the rooms that face the falls are kept up better. I also discovered an additional charge to my debit card of $15 that I was not informed about and when I called I was told it was just a hold in case I ordered room service or any other additional expenses. Disappointed and exhausted to say the least! If I had the money to spare I would leave right now and stay at another Motel/Hotel. I must give my thanks to Amy from the front desk however, she did everything she could to make my stay better and I do greatly appreciate her help but I will not be staying here again. Some good points are the beds in the tower are fairly comfortable, never tried the one in poolside room, and the rooms are very large in the tower. Old furniture and fixtures doesn't bother me as long as everything works. The view of the Hampton Inn out of my window and the knowledge that I spent close to what I would have paid too stay there is just that much more salt in the wound. BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Get a room in the main tower, stay away from poolside rooms! Check your room first to make sure it...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
firefox69_01,

I am unbelievably sorry about the several housekeeping issues that you encountered. That lack of cleanliness is the very antithesis of the high cleanliness standard of expectation that I have implemented since starting here a couple months ago. I have found the two different housekeepers responsible and spoken with each of them concerning their lack of quality for our guests. They join me in apologizing about your experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

durango,co
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed in a tower room which was very large and quite nice. Not sure about the addition next door, probably wouldn't stay there (see other travelers' reviews). There were no noise problems except the AC was loud (which doesn't bother us, but might keep some people awake). The breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Stick to the tower rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Durangojohn,
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our tower. I will pass your accolades for breakfast to our chef! He is always happy to hear when people enjoy his food.

Enjoy an incredible day!
Clontarf, Queensland
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel turned out to be one of the best value places on our recent trip through the central US. Thank goodness (on this occasion), we didn't take too much notice of some of the recent (July) postings on TA. I presume some people will never be happy.

We arrived early but were booked in and given a lovely spacious room on about the fifth floor. It had a beautiful view from the balcony over the falls.The room had all we needed with a decent sitting area, fridge etc, etc and a wifi that worked well.

The breakfast was one of the best, it was buffet, it had variety and it was plentiful with friendly and attentive staff. There was also coffee always available in the lobby.

The hotel was located conveniently to the city center and everything was within walking distance, shops, bars and restaurants. If you have the inclination, I would recommend a small bar/restaurant across the railroad in town called D'railed, it was great, perhaps have a look at it on TA.

There is also a nice walk by the river if you turn left out of the hotel and follow the path.

I don't think any one could be disappointed with the value the hotel on the falls affords. I gave it a mark of four because it was obvious the decor did need a revamp, but that didn't detract from the nice stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the round building and it looks the best option.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve P
Steve P,

Thank you! We love your review. I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your experience despite your worries coming in because of some of the reviews. We are working diligently to make this the best place possible within the perimeters we are given.

We hope to see you here again! I wish you the most amazing autumn!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful location. It is on the edge of the falls, right in the downtown and walking distance to anything. It is really great location but the hotel is so outdated and the rooms are so tired that I would not stay here again. They advertise the round building but it is a small old tired room in the back in a two-story concrete building that you get by the pool with very low end tenants staying in the neighboring room. This is as bad as a low-end Motel 6. Holy cow, the bathroom is at least 25 or 30 years old, and shows every minute. The front desk staff is mostly teenagers with no responsibility nor respect for the guests. Noise from the room for both nights we stayed there was very loud and raucous. Breakfast, however, was spectacular with eggs and bacon and grits, and as nice as you will find anywhere. Maybe the brown building rooms were nicer? C- is a kind rating.

DavidPlate,

I am so sorry to hear that you had concerns during your stay! Unfortunately not all of our rooms have been renovated yet (there are three still slated for the upgrade). It sounds like you had one of those. I do apologize for the imperfect, older room. We definitely like to provide our newer, fresher, and more inviting rooms every instance possible.

The noise should have been kept at a minimum, so I sincerely apologize about the lack of follow through about enforcing that. Our desk agents are a bit younger, but they are learning splendidly and constantly are improving.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is always helpful to hear from our guests so we can continually work toward improving to be the best out there. Please do not hesitate to call me if there is anything I can do for you.

Enjoy a brilliant day!
Herriman
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This is in a great location just off the freeway and walking distance to restaurants and across the street from the river and falls. Walking trails along the river and great views overlooking the river

Colin66Herriman,

Thank you for your short and sweet review! We are truly lucky to have such a wonderful location next to the falls and beautiful walking area. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Have an utterly fantastic week!
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms and beds were amazing. Water pressure off the charts. Staff helpful and cheerful! Manager Tom treated us Tennessee folk very well! Thank you for an amazing experience. Right across from the beautiful falls. Paid $90 after taxes for the room. What a steal!

PuroKelli-

I am so glad to hear you loved your stay! Tom is pretty great. We are so fortunate to have him on our team. I am happy to hear he was able to make your stay memorable.

I wish you the most outstanding autumn!