“Guest Review”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Boise, Idaho
“Guest Review”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been staying here for years. On October 1 they removed the free breakfast which was one of the real reasons I I stay here. This is a very nice hotel, but really, for me a bed is a bed for a quick overnight. The wonderful breakfast was the real reason I stay here although I like the staff and the room are terrific. I hope the owners read this. I understand they are from Oregon. The folks at the front desk said that they are getting a ton of complaints. If the owners don't go back to the old format with the wonderful free breakfast I will go somewhere else. I am a government employee and stayed her about 25 times per year but no more if they don't change the breakfast format. I hope they write to me directly.

Jim

1 Thank jameshuegli
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Jameshuegli,

Unfortunately I am not as fabulous as the owners, but I am the General Manager of the property and sincerely care about your experiences while staying with us. First, I am superbly grateful for your patronage through the years. We love our frequent guests! One of the difficult things we must do in business is make decisions that may upset some of our loyal guests. Right now, we are not able to provide the extremely generous breakfast buffet we had in the past. We tried to keep as many options available… including our Sous Chef’s yummy cinnamon rolls on the complimentary buffet line. We do look toward the future with brighter hopes and great amenities.

I wish you a perfectly beautiful autumn leaves’ day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. McKell with Guest Services took the time to tell us a little bit about the area around the hotel. It was a beautiful view. The food was good at the restaurant across the street. If we ever come back to Idaho Falls, we would like to stay at this hotel.Thank you for making our trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and the view was beautiful overlooking the Snake River.
1 Thank Beth H
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Beth H,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that McKell helped you feel more at home in our city! I will pass your compliments onto our chefs and cooks! They will be thrilled to know you enjoyed your food! We certainly would love to see you back here soon!

I wish you the best of the holiday season!
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 13 October 2013

As other reviewers have stated, this hotel is a bit older, but with a bit of character. It is not cookie-cutter. The room was big and the bed was comfy, the t.v was new, and there was free wi-fi. The lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. We had been driving for a long time, and were relieved to walk into the room and say, "this will be just fine." We had a peek-a-boo view of the falls from the balcony, which was fine. It was October, so too cold to hang out and look at the Falls anyway.

Room Tip: Choose the tower with a view if it is important to you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Travelor98005,

Thank you for your review! We are glad we aren't a regular cookie cutter type hotel. We like to be unique and stand out from the crowd. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay! I hope we will have the honor of having you stay with us again soon!

Enjoy an amazing day!
Emmett, Idaho
Reviewed 9 October 2013

In planning to attenda conference being held at the hotel conf. Center I called about 1 month in advance to reserve a room. The operator could not take my reservation because it was after hours and I had requested the conf. rates. She'se took my name and phone number and said I would be called back. 1 week I had heard nothing. So tried again-same response-asked for manager's extension and called the next day. Finally, he returned my call and reservation made at a stated rate for the conf.
I arrived on the day for which I had reserved a room, and quickly checked in-but I noticed the room rate was different than promised. When I questioned the clerk, I was told that was the rate and since I had no proof I could not disput it.
Went to my room-had to kill about 14 flys so I wasn't continually bothered by them. Used the restroom and toilet would not flush completely-partially plugged, so I notified the front desk. While waiting for maintance, I wanted to wtch TV but hand controller would not work. Finally went to bed. Next am-still no response from maintance. Went to breakfast-the continental breakfast had very limited selection and the cinnamon roll had the texture of a 2 day old roll. Decided then to check out and move to a different motel for the remainder of my conference stay.
I probably will not stay there again.

1 Thank appleman07
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Appleman07,

I am terribly sorry about the issues you had with your stay-starting with the reservation headache. Our desk agents have been instructed to be making reservations under a group block themselves, so I apologize that they are falling back into old habits. We will talk with them immediately about ensuring timely and friendly service with all reservations.

I have talked with my Lead Maintenance Engineer about the dysfunctionality of your room and the lack of a speedy follow up from his department. He joins me in sincere apology.

Please call me if there is anything that I can do to help make your stay (in retrospect) better.

I do wish you a bright and beautiful autumn weekend!

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Vaughn, Montana, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The outside looks rather old, but the inside was very nice. The poolside rooms are adequate, but if you want a fantastic view and a walkout balcony, you definitely need to upgrade to the tower side of the hotel. The view from the tower was superb. My husband went out every morning, sat and drank his coffee The size of the room is well worth the upgrade from the rooms around the pool. We enjoyed this room more than we would have a poolside room hands down.The rooms in the tower are huge, they make you feel like you have your own personal suite, but you don't have to spend the exorbitant price hotels with rooms that size would charge. It was nice to enjoy a large room and be able to walk around without skirting the bed to get to the bathroom or whatever. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure everything was wonderful. The breakfast buffet was good and the hotel gave you a voucher for $2.00 off anything on the menu. The service in the restaurant was exemplary and the waiter made sure we lacked for nothing. Unfortunately on Oct.1, they went to a continental breakfast and that wasn't nearly as good as the breakfast buffet. For someone who doesn't eat suger, there was nothing there we could eat. The other guests we spoke to were so disappointed in the breakfast they went out to a restaurant, as did we. They need to work on making the continental breakfast more appetizing than it was when we were there. It leaves a lot to be desired. The workout room was adequate. It was hot because of the hot tub in the next room, but I was able to turn on the air conditioners and a nice breeze blew in from the outer door,that helped a lot.The only thing I could use was the treadmill, but that was okay. Didn't take advantage of the hot tub, but it looked like it would be very relaxing to use. We enjoyed crossing the street and walking along the falls and the river in the afternoon. The hotel was within walking distance of the Farmer's Market and that was very convenient. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay there again when we're in Idaho Falls.

Room Tip: Get a room on the riverside to enjoy the view of the falls. Definitely worth the upgrade to get a r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Sheryl M,

Thank you for your Five rating! We love to see those as it lets us know we are moving in the right direction!

I am so happy to hear that your stay was great and the employees were hospitable. We are striving to train them to be the most outstanding guest service representatives guests have ever had the opportunity to come across.

I do apologize about the change in breakfast. It was a difficult decision we had to make, but we tried to mitigate the effect as much as possible. We will definitely look into making sure there are one or two sugar free options available on the buffet!

We are excited to have you stay again with us in the future! Call us directly and we will make sure to make your stay remarkable!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel was clean, but old. It's been years since anything was built "in the round," but it made for a large comfortable room. The towels were a bit old, but the room was large, beds comfy, and the view was great. We did a tower room with a view of the falls. There's a park along the river just across the street and it made for a lovely evening walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda D,

Thank you for your review! I am glad you felt comfortable and relaxed in the room and we sincerely hope you could feel at home. The park is such a great walking area. We are very fortunate to be right next to it. I do apologize about the dated hotel. On the bright side, it has become part of Idaho Falls history!

I wish you and your family an undeniably wonder-filled day!
Soda Springs, Idaho
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed on the top floor. The view was fabulous. The bed was good. Went to take a shower the next morning and the shower didn't work. Had to take a bath, which gave me a bird's eye view of the really disgustingly dirty toilet. When we told the desk clerk we thought she should have taken some off the price of the room for our inconvenience, but she didn't. Went to the free continental breakfast. The food was average continental breakfast food. The waitress was quite rude. There was a group of teenagers in there that she was obviously annoyed with. She snapped at my husband when he asked her where to get coffee. Kind of ruined it for us.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one with a view of the falls. And one with a functioning shower:)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gretheldathudpucker,

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. I do apologize about the maintenance problem you encountered and the subsequent lack of stellar guest service when you told the front desk about the situation.

This is completely the antithesis of what we try to offer each and every single one of our guests.

Thank you for emailing me directly in addition to the review so I could help to rectify the situation ex post facto.

Please let me know if there is anything further we can do for you!
Enjoy a picturesque autumn!