“Not bad but needs updating”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed one night over the weekend and the people were very friendly and helpful. Hotel staff, Restaurant and Bar all were fabulous.
The Hotel location is perfect near the falls. You can hear the roar of the falls from your room and the walking path is right across the street.
The Hotel itself needs more updating. Beds are quite uncomfortable and the rooms just need some help. I stayed near the pool so maybe the tower rooms are more updated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Slammyhagar ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I have to agree with you that the Cabana / Poolside rooms need some help. We are currently in the process of bringing the landscape back from years of neglect and have big plans to improve on that part of the property. Those rooms have been renovated in 2007 and it is time to spruce them up again. Please rest assure that those plans are on the fore front of our minds and hopefully the beginning of next year those plans will be in full swing.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 June 2014

5 night stay. Comfortable room, but had a few issues. Ice machine not working on the third floor. Little hot water some mornings. Wifi was horrible - did not work most of the time. Continental breakfast was old fruit, packaged pastries and a meager beverage selection. The maid did not clean out the coffee pot.

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and things were better. Lack of maintenance will make me look elsewhere next time I need a room in Idaho Falls.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear altereds tates 2014 ~

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

I apologize that you experienced some issues while you stayed with us. This is a 38 year old facility and we are striving to make the much needed improvements. Rest assured that I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper and improvements on cleanliness are our number 1 priority.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had a horrible experience with this hotel. No wifi at all. Wifi in the lobby is weak at best, in the rooms its nonexistent. Hot water closes off at 11pm. Breakfast is a doggy bag of a croissant, apple and bottle of juice

• Stayed: June 2014
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear adjucious ~

I am so sorry about the inconvenience you experienced while staying at our Hotel. I assure you that I will be speaking to our IT people about the problem that you experienced.

I am not sure about the breakfast, as we provide a continental breakfast served in our Executive Board Room. Sack breakfasts are only for our Tour busses that stay with us. I apologize for any confusion on that subject.

Thanks,

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This review is way long overdue but the hotel deserve a good review. My husband and I got married in Idaho in Dec and we stayed in this hotel for our 2 night stay honeymoon. The Front Desk was really nice to upgrade us to a nicer room with the balcony. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the ambiance in the lobby. They had a bar which we had a drink and it was not too expensive and the bartender was wonderful. If we come to Idaho again, we will not hesitate to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyChavez

Dear CindyChavez~

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that our Hotel offers. I am also, glad to hear that our staff made it a special for you.

Please come back and see for each and every anniversary! Make sure to let us know that you are coming and we will continue to make it special.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is an old hotel with old plumbing but it was not overpriced and the view was spectacular. The room attendant, Zachariah,was friendly, knowledgable, and the room was clean. We were on the 8th floor and it was quiet and comfortable! Slept very good. We had breakfast down town and didn't use the spa. Not enough towels and some of them had holes in them.

Room Tip: This is an old hotel with old plumbing but it was not overpriced and the view was spectacular. The r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vicki W ~

Thank you so much for your Review!

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I have personally inspected the towels and have placed an order for replacements. I also, took the time to show our Housekeeping staff, on what to look for as this is unexceptionable.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed with you last night, Andrew was working the front desk and put me in room 778. After putting my bags in the room I headed out to get some dinner, and at the elevator noticed a young woman, with all of her luggage, getting on the elevator and then getting of on the 5th floor. I didn't think about it much at the time, but the next morning when I got up to take a shower I sure did. There was no hot water on the 7th floor, which I didn't realize until I was naked and wet! The young man at the front desk was totally blunt when I called and asked why there is no hot water, "because the pumps are broken". He offered to put me in another room to shower, but since I was already wet, and angry, I didn't feel like packing everything up and moving to another room just to shower. I ducked my head under the ice cold water and managed to wash my hair. On the elevator I met up with the same young woman who was moving the night before and she acknowledged that she was moving because there was no hot water. So, Andrew, knew there was no hot water, put me in a room on that floor anyway, and even after moving this other woman never called and offered to move me. Makes me kind of angry, and it turns out that he is the roommate of the young man there this morning, who says he talked with him about it when Andrew got home. The hotel was dead, I only saw three other people there at the time, one of whom was moved, so I can't imagine that he had too much on his mind. All he had to do was put me in a "working" room, or move me when he realized what he had done, and you'd have had a happy customer; the hotel is old, but very nice and updated, the bed was comfortable. But call me crazy for expecting to be able to walk to the bathroom in my own room and take a nice hot shower! I booked through Expedia, so I dealt with them in trying to get refunded, and apparently you only thought this inconvenience was worth a $20 credit. I had asked for half of my money back, which I feel would have been fair, all things considered (he did put me in a room with a view of the parking lot instead of a room with a view of the falls, which might have been nice, particularly since the WHOLE hotel was empty!). So, now the only recourse I have is to post this same message on Trip Advisor, Expedia Reviews, and any other travel website that I have the energy to cut and paste this message to. You know what they say, a happy customer might tell a friend or two about their experience, but an unhappy one is going to tell everyone!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view of the falls.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear JohnElgethun~

I must apologize for the inconvenience and unprofessional behavior you experience while staying at our Hotel. I can assure you that I have spoken with both Andrew and Zack about the situation and have cleared this up for any further situations. We have also replaced the circulation pump that was causing the problem with the Hot water.

Unfortunately, when you book on line, you take a lot of control out of our hands. They did not contact us for approval on the discount, as they would have spoken to me. I would like to offer you a free night, if you ever wish to visit our fair city again. Please contact me directly and I will make sure your stay is a pleasant one.

Please except my sincere apologies again,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in town while going on interviews for 2 nights. My room on the 6th floor was clean, roomy and beautiful. It had big sliding glass doors that I left open while I slept. A nice cool breeze all night and the sound of the falls. I slept great. The bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a river view so you can hear the falls while you sleep
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anne Maria Z ~

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel on the Falls. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Leaving the Patio door open is a must when staying in the Tower.

We look forward to seeing you again, We hope at least 1 of the interviews worked out for you.