“Exteremly Dissappointed”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel looked old and run down. The pics on the site were nothing like the rooms. 2 adults and 3 children booked to the room and only 2 towels were left in the room with a card that said they were trying to conserve water. I requested more towels which were brought to me but after running the hot water for a few minutes I had to call the front desk back to ask if there was a trick to getting it to work. The lady at the desk told me to let it run 5 minutes and if it didn't get hot they'd check the water heater. Doesn't seem like conservation to me. The continental breakfast was juice and a muffin! Overall Motel 6 would have been better. :( Hotel needs lots of cleaning!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lilymoon7
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear lilymoon7~

Thank you for reviewing us.

I apologize for the water situation. We are working on getting the 40 year old boiler fixed and hopefully replaced. The Front Desk agent should have taken a walk and checked it out right away. I also, apologize for that.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

6/20-21/14
As we were first pulling into the parking lot on the west side of the building the entrance was so rough the speed bump hit the under carriage of my car. When we came in to check in the young man who's name was Andrew, of whom had cute earrings and his pants down past his but, (not very professional and luckily his shirt was just as long) seemed very distracted, after he checked the guy ahead of us in he told me he had to make an "emergency phone call".. Well after waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes he finally returned, still very distracted. As he was checking us in I mentioned the bad approach into the parking lot and he didn't even acknowledge my complaint. Also he was the only employee in the building (also not professional or safe!) In our room we found the balcony door was unlocked and slightly opened and very dirty all the way around, we also found several bugs dead and alive in our room. Lots of stains on the floor and marks on the walls. And for the price I would have expected a slightly better TV than a 1990's tube screen and in the vending area on the 7th floor was about 120' as if there was no ventilation and it was very dirty in there. Also the breakfast was a freaking joke! All they had was a small selection of juices and prepackaged pastries. Like I said we used to love staying at this hotel! We loved the rooms and the views and the cleanliness.. But under the new ownership sadly this place is falling apart! We will not stay here as a family again, or until I read about major changes!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear joethemanmerritt~

First of all, let me apologize for the lack of professionalism you experienced during your stay. Andrew has been disciplined and coach on the level of guest service and dress standards that is required of his position here at the Hotel.

Although it is slow going we do have many changes coming by the first of next year. I also apologize for your dissatisfaction in our "Continental Breakfast." I understand that you are used to our full breakfast buffet, that we do not offer any longer. We are working on new ideas, but have to get through the struggles of a struggling Hotel first. We are on the upside of this and can't wait to show everyone our new ideas.

Once again, I sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had a group of four stay at Hotel on the Falls on 6/17 and then two of us stayed over on 6/18. When we checked in, it was obvious that this was an older property, but the front desk people were very nice and quickly got us to our rooms. When I walked in, the room was tired (unraveling carpet, peeling paint, shower mold, etc.) but at 9:45 p.m. (after getting up at 2:45 a.m.) I was willing to over look some things. I tried to log onto the wifi and no luck -- couldn't connect. I went to go out on the balcony and discovered that it was unlocked and the door and tracks were filthy. I finally went to bed, but woke up several times with the fitted sheet coming off the bed (to find out in the morning that it wasn't the right size of sheet).

Got up on 6/18 to take a shower. When I shut the bathroom door, I found the dirty towels of the last guest hanging on the back of the door. I was meeting a group to leave and didn't have time to have someone remove them, so I took my shower and dodged the dirty towels. Upon meeting up with my group that morning, I discovered that one person in my party, upon opening the door to his room, found an elderly Asian woman in bed.

We were gone all day (7:45 to roughly 9:30). When I went to go back into my room the evening of 6/18, the key didn't work. I went back down to the front desk and had to wait while the young woman (the only one working) was on the phone. When she finally got off, it told her my key wasn't working for my room. She asked for no name confirmation, no proof of id, just rekeyed the card and handed it to me.

I go back up to my room and open the door to find that the room had not been cleaned at all while i was out. Dirty towels still on the floor (and behind the door), bed unmade, etc. So I called the front desk and asked if it was their policy to not clean rooms that were occupied because mine hadn't been touched. The response i received was this:

"Our housekeeping people are really busy and sometimes they just can't get to every room."

What? I asked if someone could bring me some towels. Her response to that was that she was very busy and couldn't I just come down? Obviously she was the only one working that night, which is neither good customer service or safe.

Again the wifi didn't work, took me three floors to find a working vending machine, carpet in the halls was filthy.

If you can avoid this hotel, I would recommend that you do. I know that it's on my "never again" list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KatanaJ

Dear KatanaJ~

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor.

I first of all need to apologize for your experience as this is not the standard that I have set for any of our staff. In response to your review, our head of maintenance has resigned and our head housekeeper has stepped down. I can assure you that they are being replaced with members that will not allow these items to go unnoticed!

Once again, I apologize!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

How would I rate the Hotel On The Falls? Well, how about I let you judge how you would rate it. Below is a diary of our stay:

June 13, 2014 6:00 am: Leave Salt Lake City, UT for a day of work

10:00 pm: Arrive at the Hotel On The Falls after 16 hour work day
10:05 pm: Front desk (manned by a young woman who looks to be no older than 18) informs me that they do not have a reservation for us. After supplying our confirmation number she discovers that the reservation shows us checking in the day I called for the reservation. So, she looks and says she found us a room.
10:25 pm: We get to the room and our key shows green light on the door, but the door is locked from the inside, or just won't open. Go to front desk, she issues a new key. We return to the room, and the same thing happens with the door. Return back to front desk, desk clerk returns with me to the room to try her master key to see if it worked. It did the same thing.
10:40 pm: The poor, very young, inexperienced desk clerk tries to call her manager, with no answer. We ask if the room next door is available. We go BACK down to the front desk to see. YIPEE it is available, and it has two queen beds! (This is what we reserved to begin with) So, we go back up to open the room.

10:50 pm We enter the new room to discover a USED bath towel on one of the beds, and evidence that someone had recently used the shower! We now go BACK to the young desk clerk and tell her that we are willing to take the room if someone from housekeeping will come and quickly clean the shower. At this point she informs us that she is the ONLY ONE working in the hotel that night, and she is not trained in housekeeping! So, we ask her to look for yet ANOTHER room with TWO beds. (We have three adults staying in the room) She now tells us that all she has is a room with a king bed and a sofa pull out bed. (They did discount the room a little.) By this time we are so tired, that we accept the room for the night.
11:00 pm We go into now the the THIRD room to discover that the pull out bed/sofa cushions had large oily spots on them. (See attached pictures) Then we discover that the blanket on the actual pullout bed has dried smashed food on it. So BACK down to the desk I go for a new blanket, and, also a pillow, because there were none for this bed.
11:20 pm Finally we are ready to take a hot shower. As we walk into the bathroom we are greeted by mold in the shower! Well, knowing at this point there is no energy left to move again we go ahead and shower.

11:45 pm We decide we want some ice for a drink. Walk to the Ice machine on our floor and surprise, surprise it does not work! I walk up two flights of stairs to another floor to get ice.

12:30 am Finally get to try to sleep.

June 14 7:00 am I head down to the front desk to try to talk to an actual Manager. Tell her of our difficulties the night before, and explain that the pullout sofa sleeper is NOT going to work (the mattress is paper thin and hard on an adults back). Explained that we really needed a new room with 2 BEDS as we initially had requested. She PROMISED to have a much better room ready when we returned later that day.

4:00 pm We return from work are a key is ready and we are guaranteed that it has been cleaned special for us. That they had their “best housekeeper” prepare the room. We were extremely grateful! We enter the FOURTH room, and it was a nice room and it was very clean. HOWEVER it was a king bed with a pullout sofa bed!

4:15 pm AGAIN, BACK down to the desk to get another room. Finally, I guess the FIFTH time is a charm, we spend our second night in a clean room with 2 BEDS!

So, again, I ask, how would you rate a hotel that reserves your rooms for the wrong night, and takes FIVE tries to get you a room with two beds, no mold, no greasy stains on the cushions, or old crusted food on the blankets. A functioning ice machine and an actual staff to help when you need it would be luxuries, I suppose.

I would love to hear from the Hotel’s general manager or even the owner to know that you care that this nightmare happened in YOUR HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shannon t
Brady K, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I am so sorry about your stay here last weekend. I talked to you Saturday morning and promised you I would fix it, then I blocked you for a king room instead of two queen beds. I take full responsibility. I will be doing more training with my front desk staff so that in the future problems like this will be handled better or stopped before they become a problem. I have also forwarded your letter to my General Manager and our Head of Housekeeping so they can also address these issues. If you will let us make it up to you some how the next time you are in Idaho Falls, please contact me by email so that I can make sure your next stay ( if you decide to ) is without any headache. Thank You, Diane

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Owner is aware but too cheap to fix hot water problem. As you can read from previous reviews it has been going on for weeks. No warm water with little kids on vacation is not fun especially exiting a disgusting, freezing cold swimpool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TJ S ~

Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor.

I am not sure who told you that about the Ownership, but that is just not true! We are working diligently to correct this problem. We fix one part, then something else goes out. I apologize for the lack of hot water in our economical rooms. The boiler is old and it takes time.

Please accept my sincere apologies again,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed there with a buddy on a busy Saturday night following beer fest. There was not hot water at all! The paint was chipping and the bathroom was in very poor repair. I was not pleased with the stay at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Jesse C ~

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As you know with the Beer Fest, and being the Host Hotel, we were completely full. I apologize for the lack of Hot water and I am looking into the problem, as we have just recently replaced the boiler in that building. As for the chipping paint, we had a rough winter and are in the process of making the necessary repairs. I am sure that you saw the new flashing and plastic. So, we are on our way, but things take time. Hopefully next year for the Beer Fest, things will be well on there way to completion.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed one night over the weekend and the people were very friendly and helpful. Hotel staff, Restaurant and Bar all were fabulous.
The Hotel location is perfect near the falls. You can hear the roar of the falls from your room and the walking path is right across the street.
The Hotel itself needs more updating. Beds are quite uncomfortable and the rooms just need some help. I stayed near the pool so maybe the tower rooms are more updated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Slammyhagar ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I have to agree with you that the Cabana / Poolside rooms need some help. We are currently in the process of bringing the landscape back from years of neglect and have big plans to improve on that part of the property. Those rooms have been renovated in 2007 and it is time to spruce them up again. Please rest assure that those plans are on the fore front of our minds and hopefully the beginning of next year those plans will be in full swing.