“Zach's excellent customer service at Hotel on the Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel on the Falls

Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Toppenish, Washington
“Zach's excellent customer service at Hotel on the Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have received great customer service from Zach, your front desk staff. We had come in an hour early to check in and there was a girl working the desk at the time. She said we would have to wait until 3 o'clock when the maids told her which rooms were available, we had reservations and explained to her what type of room we wanted.We went out to the car to get some items prior to checking in, evidently her shift was over and she left. When I got back to the lobby, Zach was there. We asked if she had explained anything to him and he said no, but he quickly took care of us and got us an awesome room, with a pleasant attitude, smiling and caring. What could have been a terrible customer service experience for us, ended up the best customer service we have ever received. I would highly recommend that hotel management acknowledge Zach as it is unusual to find staff with his great attitude. Thank you

The room is awesome too, and has exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chauncey T
Brady K, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Chauncey T ~

Thank you for mentioning "Zach's excellent customer service." Zach has been recognized for his customer service and I tell everyone, to follow Zach's lead! He is my best, as you could probably tell from how many times his name shows up on TripAdvisor. It is nice when a guest of ours takes their very valuable time, to let us know when one of our team has gone above and beyond. My entire team and I thank you for taking the time, to let us know how great Zach is.

Brady G. Kraupp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks like it's the 70 style on the outside. The lobby and rooms at first were actually really nice and spacious... Then we started to notice how unclean it all was. In all 3 rooms it looked as if they didn't wipe down the bathrooms. The floors had tissues, food and toothpicks left next to the beds and under. Super gross. The patio was so unkept and dirty.

We tried to use the blow dryer which blew the power in our room. It took them an hour to get it up and going again. I had to call down a 2nd time to see the status and was informed that the guy why is suppose to be there wasn't picking up and back up wasn't being reach either. A call would have been nice to let us know the status.
I do however appreciate the laddy in lobby coming up after to check on it.

My spouse locked the door without a key in hand. He had to go get a new one. He just walked up told them our room and without any questions gave him a keely. This concerns me a little.

The Breakfast wasn't very great just average.

Parking lot almost caused a flat. Hurt the poor bottom of our car due to huge pot holes, cracks and broken speed bumps. It looks as if it's an abandoned parking lot.

However it is right next to the idaho falls which is beautiful.

Over all we will never be staying here again save the money go somewhere slightly more expensive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Megomeyago ~

I am sorry to hear about your experience. The Hotel has been in financial difficulties for about 4 years and everything you stated is true. However, at the time of your stay we were in the beginning stages of New Management taking control of the Hotel. Many things have changed, and many more thing will be changing. I can assure you, that your review is playing an intrinsic part of the planning for the future. We hope to have new ownership by 2015, who will make the necessary improvements, many of which you have mentioned. We have changed about 80% of the staff and training on all aspects, such as power outages, and how to handle them is our number 1 priority. I hope you give us another chance in 2015, as we surely would like to show you the new kind of Hospitality that is happening at our Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Absolutely the worst hotel experience of our lives. Broken room doors that can't be opened, missing down button in the elevator (!!), STAINED SHEETS, feminine hygiene wrappers left in trash cans, moldy looking stains on walls of balcony - need I say more? The only redeeming quality was the poor soul at the front desk who was very apologetic.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Brady K, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Carolyn T ~

Thank you for taking time to give us a review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read about your experience in August. I can assure you that all of your concerns have been addressed. The Hotel was going through some changes, that I am sure you are aware of. Since we have been under "New Management" many changes have already occurred. I hope that in the near future you will give us another chance to show you our real hospitality.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I called ahead a week in advance, asked for the best room I can get to view the falls (I did not use discount websites, or ask for a discount). Man on phone reassured me I'd have a great view, paid full price, my great view is the parking lot on 2nd floor, and no room was reserved. Hotel seems to have no real managment.

Two couples standing next to me in line, same problem, 2 months in advance for high school reunion, no room.

This only being the beginning of the reality of what some reviewers before me claimed.

Got into the room, checked the sheets as warned by a reviewer the night before, big black stained ring, weird crusty substance on sheet. Crumbs under bed, around couch, toenail clippings on nightstand bottom shelf

The main housekeeper, she seems nice, I won't knock her, but she seems to know this is all to common a problem with cleanliness and just "part of the hotel".

Microwave face littered with finger prints, electrical outlet's strung together with outlet extensions, no surge protector, sometimes took minutes to enter room (key access not working). Several other minor inconveniences followed in our short stay.

I'm sorry if anyone that works here has to read this, at the same time everyone working here seems to know these are everyday problems business as usual, review after review, nothing has changed.

If I can be honest, I've been lucky I guess, never had problem with hotels that claimed great things, this place will only leave you looking for a new hotel nearby, and could ruin your trip with frustration, I spent time looking for another room, but had to get to a minor league baseball game down the street, The Idaho Falls Chukars, review, exciting team fun to watch.

It's sadly the truth, I was hoping to leave a positive review being the laid back person I am, but I cannot find anything that would even leave me saying, "it's an ok place to stay if your just passing through".

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Andrew B
Dear Andrew B ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying at Hotel on the Falls.

Unfortunately, your statement about "no real management." At that time there was no management in the Hotel. I had left for 2 weeks along with 2 other key Managers. The ownership chose to leave the Hotel unattended and thus, all the problems you experienced happened. I am now back and have taking all of the comments from the first 2 weeks of August to heart. We have a new Management Company, that is in charge and many things are being taken care of. As with all things in life, these things take time, but I can definitely assure you that they are moving ahead in a positive way.

As for the Head Housekeeper, she did her best with what the Ownership would let her do. No money means, no spending. That also, has changed and we are spending money on the important things to bring this Iconic Hotel, back to where it belongs in our Community. By next year we will be well on our way to making this the place everyone will be proud of.

Wasilla, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My toilet was broken for 2 days before someone came to fix it. The staff did not know how to check me in properly and when there was an error in my bill upon checkout they couldn't fix that either. I have called several times to speak to a manager and none are ever available. This place needs new management and a major renovation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chad S ~

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!

During your stay there was no management employed at this property. That is no excuse for the experience you had during your stay. I am sure that myself or one of our new Managers helped you after the aftermath of those 2 weeks. We are now under New Management and heading in the right direction with all of our training and standards.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and if there is anything we can do, please give us a call.

Thanks for all of your time,

Boulder
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

When arriving on scene we were given two keys to what we thought was our room for the night. After not receiving proper direction to walk outside, around the main building and into another wing, we finally discovered where to go only to find neither of our keys worked. We received new keys to a different room in the main building and were disgusted to find what looked like pubic hair all over the pullout couch bed. There were bugs everywhere and the place was a filthy dump. When we went to receive different sheets the man working the counter mocked us and "apologized" for the stressful night. Don't be fooled by the falsely advertised pictures. When we asked to speak to a manager they responded "We don't have a manager."

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Ilikehotels123
Dear llikehotels 123 ~

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am appalled at your experience. I can say that during your stay the property was without any management, due to the Ownership's lack of responsibility. However, that is all changed now, we are under New Management and are working hard to not let what happened to you, happen to anyone ever again. We have made great strides and have replaced and properly trained our Front Desk staff.

I apologize to you personally, and hope that you will reconsider us in the future. Give us a call and ask for me and I will personally take care of you.