“Trash cans full”

Motel 6 Idaho Falls
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Two complaints. I know when staying at motel 6 it's not going to be the ritz, but i do expect the room to be clean. There were two trash cans in the room & one of them was full of someones lunch leftovers. And I didnt check in until after 8PM. The other was the $2.99 charge for wifi, which quit dropping. After an hour of fighting with it they did refund the cost.
Over all the place was nice, with the exception of the above. It was very modern looking as someone mentioned.

I travel extensively, spending upwards of 60+ nights per year in motels.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is in a good location near the interstate and the falls. It is also next door to a family restaurant (called Bradys, I think) which serves an outstanding breakfast and was very well patronised when I was there. The room had been redecorated fairly recently, the bed was comfortable, there was a tv on the wall and the bathroom looked to have been refitted. There was only a shower, no bath. My only issue with the room was that the door frame was damaged where it looked like someone had tried to force the door – I reported this and it seemed the people on reception were unaware of it. I did not have any problems though I did put something heavy in front of the door while I was asleep. There were a lot of dogs staying at the motel when I was there. Good wifi signal (costs $2.99 per day).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed here last summer and wanted to try it again in August of this year as my son enjoys the pool. We had a great experience. It was one of the better Motel Sixes we have stayed in and the price was cheaper than many. Plus, I and my son had a great time in the pool on a hot August day. We had a small problem wiht our reservation and the manager (Varvara) and possibly the assistant manager (Mitch) made a great effort to solve our problem and refund us a couple of dollars. These little reservation problems can be irritating so it was nice that they helped me in such a friendly and efficient manner.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

After 5 nites on the road, & our first stay at a Motel 6, we didn't expect much, & we weren't disappointed. For $59/nite, you'd think there'd be a mini-fridge, Kleenex, a clock, free internet & microwave. All the other motels we stayed at had all of the above, & some were cheaper than this one.
From now on, we will avoid Motel 6, if possible.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here one night on a road trip. We knew how highly rated it was on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. It was pretty clean, though there were hairs in the shower/sink and dust around the mattresses. The shower design was really interesting with the spout hanging above the curtain. Water pressure was good, the tv was impressive, the facility in general was nice. The beds were quite thin and on a platform which made them way to firm for our tastes. But, it was quite cheap, so I was expecting a lot more. Cost us around $65.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Called and asked for a room with 2 queen beds. When we arrived in our room there were 2 full beds. We called and asked if we could be moved and were told they don't have any queen beds in the whole motel. The room was tiny and looks like it had been re-done to be "contemporary." It was just o.k.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Everything in the hotel was fine, but we were not expecting it to cost over 85 dollars for a motel six stay. The room definitely wasn't worth that much money, ive stayed in way nicer rooms for that. The room was small.

• Stayed: August 2012