“Loved it!”

Motel 6 Idaho Falls
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way back to Canada after traveling through California. To be honest, I was skeptical that a Motel 6 would be nice inside. Well, I was VERY pleasantly surprised!
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was so cute! Modern and clean. I loved the shower and I liked that there was no carpet!
I also liked that they had laundry facilities. They come in very handy when you're traveling with a small child.
We stayed at 7-10 hotels on this trip and this Motel 6 rated up there in the top few for me!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mitsliss

Reviewed 28 February 2014

While travelling to Arizona we ended up pulling into this motel after a long hard day. The rooms have been renovated and have laminate, a nice clean choice over carpet. The bed and bedding were new and clean. A very nice round shower and modern sink and toilet were in the room and were spotless. This very economical hotel does not have super luxery but is very adequate for a good night's sleep in a very clean environment.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room - no inulation between floors. Also, if you tend to get cold while sleeping...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marg S
m60056, Manager On Duty at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Marg S.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. i want you to know that everything you tell us is very beneficial for us. Also the next time you stay at a motel 6, there is always extra blankets and pillows at the front office for your convience and comfort. Just ask at the front desk at check in and we will be happy to see to as many needs as possible.

Again thank you for the review.

Manager on Duty

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The rooms were really small and not clean. The bed sheets were not clean with hair on them and when told the staff they were not really helpful. The whole hotel smelled like smoke. I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sam H
m60056, Manager at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Sam H

I am so sorry to hear about your stay with us. We strive to achieve a clean and efficient motel
I will speak to whom ever was on duty that day and make sure it never happens again.

Please rest assured that this issue will be taken care of.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

the outside is a bit sketchy, and since my husband grew up here, i took his word on the fact that we could find nicer, but we were tired, having driven from glacier that day. the hotel was $72 with no aaa discount available, but the room was nice. clean, with a modern feel, wood floors instead of carpet, and a simple bed. the only thing i would say is different than most is no closet, and only 2 pillows. when we called down for extras, they said it would be 20-30 minutes, so we said nevermind and went to sleep.
it's a motel 6, you pretty much get what you pay for every time.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank stevihardy
m60056, Manager at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We know in this day and age we are all busy with our everyday lives and it really means alot to us to get your feedback about our motel.

Thank you for the compliments you gave us, also so for the things that we can improve on. Without your input we would not know what things we needed to change.

I will share your input with my staff again thank you for your time.

Manager On Duty

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here several nights for a dog competition in the area. There was an issue when checking in which the manager promptly corrected very much to my satisfaction. The room was clean and adequately furnished with refrigerator and microwave (extra fee). I particularly liked that the room did not have carpet, which can get so nasty. My room was located right near the exit door as I had requested. There was a small area available for dogs to relieve themselves. I was pleasantly surprised at this Motel 6 experience as compared to some other Motel 6 motels I have used. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank idabob5426
m60056, Manager On Duty In Training at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Idabob5426:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments you have given to us. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

We work hard at trying to meet all your needs and are very grateful to be recognized.

Always know that we like to be your home away from home. So if there is anything we can do for you please let us know we will work hard to get it for you.

Thanks again

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed 5 nights. The staff was very friendly.(until the last night) Older motel. Door didn't shut easy, safety lock bent. The toilet was loose. The thing I had the biggest problem with was THE ANTS!!! Had to go to the lobby daily to get enough towels. You also had to pick up a WiFi pass daily. They charge $2.99 daily for WiFi. When I checked in they said they would throw the WiFi in since I was staying so, long. I'm guessing that wasn't communicated to all staff since one girl flat out refused. When I asked her to call her supervisor, she claimed she was too busy. Guess the smoke break she went on came before customer service. She also told me that they only clean the room every other day for the people that are staying more than one night. If you are looking for cheap, no frills hotel and have low expectations, this is the place for you. However, check your bill, because upon checkout I was charged more than I was quoted at check in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ogachaca:

I am so sorry your stay was not very good. Rest assured that we are working on the issues you have discussed in this review.

The issues have been resolved. And again I am sorry for the problems you occured while at our property in Idaho Falls Idaho.

Thanks you for your time in writing this review everything helps us to grow.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The good:
- good location, easy access from interstate and there is a Jack in the Box right in front and gas stations
- clean
- renovated
- wooden floors
- strong air conditioning
The average:
- it may renovated but blankets, soap, towels etc still the same as the ones in non renovated Motel 6's
- typically poor sound insulation
The bad:
- internet was extremely slow and unreliable and you have to pay for it
- security may be an issue because I came a cross a bunch of men wondering around who were not guests and were shouting trying to find someone (though as soon as I told the manager she went to tell them to leave)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank shazam10
m60056, Manager On Duty In Training at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

First of all thank you for staying at Motel 6 Mr. Shazam 10. We appreciate your wonderful compliments about our motel.

We also take in to consideration your suggestions on how to improve our property. Thank you again for the recent comments.

Please rest assured that we are working on our other issues you mentioned as we speak.. Have a great day. We will leave the light on for you.