“Noisy, smoked in rooms.”

Motel 6 Idaho Falls
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
“Noisy, smoked in rooms.”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped late needing a good sleep. The room beside us turned on their TV at 04:00, no sleep from then on.
The halls stank of stale smoke. The room had the background stench of smoke.
I will not make the same mistake again

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tdoneeighty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It's a basic motel, nothing fancy but for $60 you can't go wrong if on a budget. The room was clean and "as advertised" and even had a small carpet & towel for our dog. The bathroom appeared clean but there was a cigarette burn on the toilet seat and the floor was stained in one spot. BTW, who rests a cigarette on a motel toilet seat??? The kid at the front desk was friendly enough, though the parking seemed a bit tight.
The walls are thin so you certainly hear your neighbours. The guests next door had their TV on all night. Kept me up for a while so didn't sleep well. Overall, it's good for one night passing through but I probably wouldn't spend more time there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bearbait-north
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was a little skeptical headed into this stay, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The hotel room was very modern and comfortable. It was clean and did not smell--something that seems to be rare for cheap hotels. The staff was very helpful and overall it was a pleasant stay. The WiFi costs extra--not my favorite thing--and isn't super fast, but it met my needs. I'd definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a cheap place to stay--it's close to the freeway, quiet, and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dde2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way back to Canada after traveling through California. To be honest, I was skeptical that a Motel 6 would be nice inside. Well, I was VERY pleasantly surprised!
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was so cute! Modern and clean. I loved the shower and I liked that there was no carpet!
I also liked that they had laundry facilities. They come in very handy when you're traveling with a small child.
We stayed at 7-10 hotels on this trip and this Motel 6 rated up there in the top few for me!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mitsliss
Reviewed 28 February 2014

While travelling to Arizona we ended up pulling into this motel after a long hard day. The rooms have been renovated and have laminate, a nice clean choice over carpet. The bed and bedding were new and clean. A very nice round shower and modern sink and toilet were in the room and were spotless. This very economical hotel does not have super luxery but is very adequate for a good night's sleep in a very clean environment.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room - no inulation between floors. Also, if you tend to get cold while sleeping...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marg S
m60056, Manager On Duty at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Marg S.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. i want you to know that everything you tell us is very beneficial for us. Also the next time you stay at a motel 6, there is always extra blankets and pillows at the front office for your convience and comfort. Just ask at the front desk at check in and we will be happy to see to as many needs as possible.

Again thank you for the review.

Manager on Duty
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The rooms were really small and not clean. The bed sheets were not clean with hair on them and when told the staff they were not really helpful. The whole hotel smelled like smoke. I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sam H
m60056, Manager at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Sam H

I am so sorry to hear about your stay with us. We strive to achieve a clean and efficient motel
I will speak to whom ever was on duty that day and make sure it never happens again.

Please rest assured that this issue will be taken care of.

Travellers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Reviewed 21 September 2013

the outside is a bit sketchy, and since my husband grew up here, i took his word on the fact that we could find nicer, but we were tired, having driven from glacier that day. the hotel was $72 with no aaa discount available, but the room was nice. clean, with a modern feel, wood floors instead of carpet, and a simple bed. the only thing i would say is different than most is no closet, and only 2 pillows. when we called down for extras, they said it would be 20-30 minutes, so we said nevermind and went to sleep.
it's a motel 6, you pretty much get what you pay for every time.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank stevihardy
m60056, Manager at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We know in this day and age we are all busy with our everyday lives and it really means alot to us to get your feedback about our motel.

Thank you for the compliments you gave us, also so for the things that we can improve on. Without your input we would not know what things we needed to change.

I will share your input with my staff again thank you for your time.

Manager On Duty