“Watch out for the toilet paper roll holder”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property for one night during a road trip. For our purposes, it was a great place to stay, with one exception. The toilet was in a rather tight spot and this was made worse by a toilet paper roll that jutted out from the wall in such a way as to make sitting on the toilet almost uncomfortable (especially for people like us who are not petite). I don't know if it was like this in every room, but it certainly could have been placed in such a way that it wouldn't have been an issue.
Otherwise, this was a good place for us to stay. The swimming pool was pleasantly warm and we had it all to ourselves. Also, there were 3 chain restaurants almost in the same parking lot so it made it easy to walk to dinner after a day in the car.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't have the toilet roll holder in an awkward place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank almostelderlycouple
Jeff J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

I am sure the toilet paper holders are all located in the same place, but I do thing some of our bathroom areas are tighter than others. Thank you for your comments and kind words about our hotel. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Very close to several places to eat. 24 hour Super Walmart w/in walking distance.

4  Thank John688

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. We really try to make sure everything is great for every guest. We do alot of business travel on weekdays and family travel on weekend. We love having all types of guests, it keeps us on out toes and helps us make sure we are ready for everyone. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed at the Fairfield for a short business trip. I was very pleased as to how quiet it was notwithstanding its proximity to the Interstate. At breakfast, it was obvious that there was a lot of business guests. Quiet, good internet access, good breakfast, good value.

3  Thank IdahoBenfiquista

We hope to be here for all of our business guests. We pride ouselves in a safe, clean enviorment for everyone. We do have a lot of local businesses in our development that makes us a one stop shop. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I have been traveling all week on business. This hotel was the third different hotel in as many days, but probably the favorite of the others from this week (off of which were also Marriott properties). This hotel is conveniently located off the freeway (but not too close where you have the noise of the highway is a concern). There is a Wendy's and Olive Garden in the same area (a 45 second walk to either from the front door of the Fairfield). This is a nice perk because like many travelers, you've been on the road a long time & the last thing I want to do is get back in my vehicle to go find somewhere to eat, so to be able to walk out of the hotel and have a meal in walking distance is great.

The people here are great as always ... if you read any of my other reviews you will see a common theme which is that small town people are generally very nice people & that is certainly the case here as well. One other nice perk that all Fairfields do NOT have (but this one does) is that the rooms have the mini-fridge + a microwave. Microwaves aren't standard in all Fairfields & it is appreciated when the hotels have them in each room.

This is a popular hotel, so book in advance. I booked weeks ago and was able to get a room, but there were very few rooms left (it was sold out when I stayed here .. and it was a Thursday). This is a nice stop point for people traveling on leisure to all the great natural wonders in this part of the country. Bravo Fairfield Idaho Falls ... I'll stay only here when in Idaho Falls.

Room Tip: Fridge and microwave in each room a plus!
5  Thank furnitureruss

Thank you for your kind comments, I know it takes time to respond to Trip Advisor and I am so happy you did take the time to think about us. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stopped on our way to a Yellowstone / Jackson Hole trip and had a great nights sleep, great breakfast, and was impressed with how clean this hotel was. I told my wife that the hotel was only a year old but she asked the front desk girl and they have been open 9 years. Wow what a nice place to stay in Idaho Falls.

Room Tip: Clean with all the emenities a traveler needs
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Brad F

I have had the same hosekeeping supervisor for 11 years and she know her business. She halps all of us take great pride in what we do and love our jobs when we can make our guests happy each and every time. Please come back and see us again soon. We love to make your stay perfect.....

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We arrived without a reservation and front desk person was very friendly and helpful. We stopped here on our way to Yellowstone National Park which was only 2 hours away. This hotel was conveniently located in a good area for shopping and restaurants. The room was spacious and one of the cleanest we've stayed in our 2 week roadtrip. Our 2 kids enjoyed the indoor pool plus had a laundry area which the staff provided detergent. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Guynsuite200

Thank you for your kind words, at the end of a long day when you are not sure if you succceeded or not a nice review makes up for all the little things that might have brought you down. We love what we do and love to give our guests the best, Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I could not have even dreamed of a more perfect stop for a comfortable overnight after a ten hour day driving cross country. I was driving from OR to Grand Teton National Park and was searching for a comfy place just off the highway. The Fairfield Inn, Marriott caught my immediate attention because in the very same block were an Olive Garden, gas station, and a Starbucks (insert angels singing to a girl who likes her one-stop errands!).
Thank the 4th of July gods there was a room available. The staff was so friendly and let me store food in their freezer, and even offered their refrigerator in case the food in my cooler wouldn't fit in the one in my room. I got to loosen my achy muscles in the pool, ate the most satisfying "road" dinner at the Olive Garden, then came back my room to enjoy some HBO and wifi.
The next morning, I was greeted with a complimentary breakfast in the lobby, a gas station and Starbucks across the street, and an immediate start to my drive because we were situated on the highway. I loved it so much, I came back just a week later on my wy back home!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank rsirwin2
Jeff J, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

A nice bed a great breakfast and awesome service is what we pride ourselves on. Please come see us again soon, and thank you for the kind words.