“Very nice hotel, but our room had an odor issue”

Le Ritz Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We chose this hotel because it looked very nice and the reviews were good. The location is great, along the canal by the river in Idaho Falls. However--our room had an odor issue. At first we thought it was just musty. I called the front desk to ask about another issue and also to let them know about the smell; they offered to move us, but we were tired and just dealt with it. By morning we determined the smell appeared to be coming from the bathroom tile floor; it was a strong ammonia/urine smell, localized to the floor in the toilet/shower room. We actually put bath towels on the floor to help diminish the odor. We let the front desk know again about the issue when we checked out, and filled out a comment card as well. The people were very nice, the breakfast was good. The hot tub did not work, though, and the towels in the pool/spa area were torn and tattered--appeared to be old room towels that then get used for pool/spa before they are tossed out. Beyond those two issues--the bathroom floor smell and the hot tub not working (no jets worked), we liked the hotel, the location, etc., and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the canal--the wildlife/birds/ducks were fun to watch.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer B, Director of Sales at Le Ritz Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the expectations were not fully met on our end in the housekeeping department and pool area. There was absolutely no excuse, Please know we have used this as an opportunity to grow & improve. I do hope that if you are headed our way again, you would consider giving us the opportunity to continue to earn your business.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay in a spacious room with a king bed on the ground floor. I personally really appreciated the pillow top bed. We had a nice view of the water and took the path to the falls one evening. I had no need for wifi so I cannot rate this. I would stay here again and recommend it as an inviting establishment. We did not avail ourselves of the breakfast as we were visiting family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you again! I’ll pass your compliments along to the Staff. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

There's a lot of positive things about this hotel, it's clean, comfortable, large rooms, it's adjacent to some great restaurants, the beautiful river walk is just out the back doors. The staff is friendly and helpful, and overall we really enjoyed our stay.

There were only two negatives that I think are worth mentioning, the first being that at night you have to put a towel in front of the door to the hallway or your room is lighted up from the hall light. It was so bright I couldn't sleep until I covered it. Secondly, like others mentioned, the wifi is worthless. Normally I wouldn't care, but we were here testing into college and really wanted to do some last minute studying and had no internet. It was very frustrating.

I would stay here again, if I didn't need internet.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay; our rooms are pretty comfortable. I deeply apologize for the internet being a little slow during your stay and that the lights were too bright for your liking. Again, thank you again for the review. Have a great day!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are a little dated but very well kept. Pretty area so what could be wrong?

WiFi. It's overloaded and not available until after midnight. I don't mean slow, I mean it is so bad that it will not even connect or give even basic email. Forget graphics, html and business. I had to go to the business center to update my email and it was busy for 15 minutes. At 6 am it was usable and then by 8am dead again. The business center had fast internet and I would guess that connecting to the Ethernet in the room would work great. I left my laptop at home and only brought my tablet. Oops.

I can't go back there as I can't live without my email.

If you can live without WiFi or connect via Ethernet I would recommend this hotel. If you need WiFi or even just want to relax with Facebook, go next door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I deeply apologize for the internet issues during your stay. Again, thank you again for the review. Have a great day!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Front desk staff is wonderful. Our original hotel overbooked our first night, stayed at this property. We ended up canceling at the other hotel and stayed five nights, just based on the friendly staff. The location is great, with a wonderful walking path along river and is just far enough away from bridge not to get too many people in front of hotel. Just wish housekeeping was a little better. First day our trash cans weren't emptied, sink left dirty, coffee never cleaned or restocked, and only one wash cloth and hand towel. Second day our room didn't get cleaned. In addition the pool area is very dirty, the pool numbers were half white and half brown and no towels. Breakfast is ok, Saturday and Sunday they were out of a lot of items. When we approached breakfast help and asked about getting more oatmeal or yogurt, she said they were closing at 9:30. It was 9:10, they are open till 10:00. During the week breakfast was good and the young girls working very sweet. The hotel is very quiet and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the expectations were not fully met on our end in the housekeeping department, there was absolutely no excuse. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right. I hope that if you are headed our way again, you would consider giving us the opportunity to continue to earn your business. I will pass your compliments along to the desk staff!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

On entering Idaho Falls, we were struck by the industry in the town and the busy rail freight route. However, this hotel is situated near the falls, along the river, and as a result is very peaceful. There is a lovely river walk which can be accessed through a code at the back of the hotel. The hotel itself is much more grand than the price suggested, and there are several restaurants in the local area. The room was comfortable and the staff are helpful. Very good breakfast. The only downside was that the WiFi was not great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you again! I’ll pass your compliments along to all the Staff. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We chose to upgrade to a river view room for $10 but were a little disappointed there was no deck or access to the outside from our room. Room was average but rather plain with an older TV. It was quiet, had a separate vanity and small corridor between the bedroom and bathroom for more privacy. Wireless internet was pitiful so be careful if you're there on business. Breakfast was good but unremarkable. Easy access to supermarket, restaurants and freeway

Room Tip: If you get a river view room ask if there's a balcony or deck
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple