“AWESOME, quiet weekend.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Idaho Falls B&B and Inns
etwwtdm
“AWESOME, quiet weekend.”
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I was very impressed with Destinations Inn. It was very very quiet. They are very creative and think of the littlest details in designing their rooms. The combo really made it feel like we were actually very far from home.

It was great to get a bottle of cider and cheesecake with the room and breakfast was delivered right on time, right to the door. Great entertainment systems too.

Great place. I think we'll probably do it again sometime, to explore some other rooms.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 3 October 2008

We stayed in New York for my husband's 45th birthday. We've stayed at many 4 & 5 star resorts in the US, Mexico and Europe but have never been to a theme hotel before & I was a bit nervous before we went but we'll sure stay at the Destinations again! The rooms are beautiful (we also snuck a peak at Venice) and the hotel is so quiet that we never saw another guest even though it was highly occupied. The New York room was so much fun! The aroma therapy shower (be sure to get scent from the desk when you check in) and the bubbler tubs are fantastic (and very different from spa tubs.) The hotel is impeccably clean and the tubs clean the lines several minutes after they drain. Nice breakfast dropped off at the front door promptly at our requested time. Cheesecake & chilled cider was delicious as well. The in room theatre is also great. We stayed up longer than we have in years watching movies. There is a mural at the door of the suite that is quite amazing. When looked at from across the room it seems as if you've really fallen into New York and are staring across the Brooklyn Bridge.

• Liked — The themes, tubs, shower, theatre system, oh and the round bed was lovely.
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like. I even liked the old downtown location.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Missymom
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This hotel is AMAZING! We have stayed at other Theme Suites but this one took our breath away! We stayed in the Paris room and it was so beautiful I didn't want to leave. I have seriously told everyone about this place because our stay was so incredible. We'll definitely be back again and again! As for the price which is on the higher side I thought it was totally worth the money!

• Liked — The room was so beautiful and breakfast delivered to our door in the morning!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
El Cajon, Ca.
Reviewed 29 August 2008

In a nut shell there is one great big problem with the Destinations Inn, or at least the Thai Room that we occupied.... NOISE. The air conditioner just three feet directly above your head and the bed is as loud as a landing 747. So, you have two choices... sweat or listen to the darn thing turn on every 10 minutes or so. The traffic noise outside the windows is BAD. I listened to a collection of Harley's, Hip Hop and semi's till 1:00 in the morning. By the time that traffic dies in old town (run down) Idaho Falls the trains start up. It's like trying to sleep in the middle of a switching yard. DING, DING, DING... HORN BLAST!!!!!. Think train scene in the movie "My Cousin Vinney". At several points in time during the long, loud night my husband and I just started laughing at it all. It was a very memorable stay... right up there with sleeping three nights in Heathrow Airport in England during the flight traffic controller strike. Like the stay in Heathrow, I will never forget the Thai room at Destinations but I sure don't want to repeat it.
On a positive note... if it makes any difference.. it is VERY clean. Service is right on time (breakfast tray on the dot the next morning) and steam shower, tub and theme are very nice and in theme. At least four cars had just married sprayed all over their back windows on our way out of the hotel, so if you plan to go just be very active and make more noise than the room itself and you will be O.K.

• Liked — the steam shower
  • Disliked — My ear plugs were no match for noise from street, air conditioner and trains.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Winnypoo
Destinationsmgr, Manager at Destinations Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2009
I believe that this is a fraudulent review do to the fact that other reviews of this room have been extremely positive. I have a hard time comprehending how so many review this room with five stars and only one found the room not to be a one star. Please read other reviews pertaining to this room along with the others of our facilities and we are sure that you to will find this review fraudulent.
Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2008

My wife and I stayed in their "Rome" room for our anniversary. It was, overall, an amazing experience. I had previously toured all of the rooms and selected Rome for our stay. My wife was in the dark and her reaction to seeing the room was worth the stay. It only got better from there .... *cough* moving on. ;-)

It was obvious that alot of thought and planning went into the room design. The decoration was just incredible. The bed was comfortable. The tub was large and the bubbles from the "champagne bubbler" were relaxing.

A few minor complaints for a supposed "5 star" inn ... 1) No bathrobes. Given the level of luxury that they're presenting, bathrobes should be in the room. 2) Our sink was missing the arm for the stopper. Not a big deal, but odd that it wasn't fixed.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDub02
Idaho
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My new husband and I stayed in the wonderful Thailand room for the first night of our honeymoon. We went to Las Vegas for the resty of our trip. I think we both agreed it was the nicest room we had all week. It was romantic and comfortable. It really made you feel like you were in a whole new world and we are excited to come check out other rooms as soon as we can!!

• Liked — the feel of the room
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Very nice rooms lots of fun and romantic. Well decorated and great features. The steam shower is unique and fun. Theamed rooms make it interesting and sets Destinnations apart from other hotels in the area. Looking forward to another stay.

• Liked — steam shower
  • Disliked — cost
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#5 of 24 in Idaho Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU

Been to Destinations Inn? Share your experiences!