US$189
  • Pool
The Drift Lodge(Island Park)
US$210
Angler's Lodge(Island Park)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$189
US$193
  • Restaurant
River Lodge(Island Park)(Great Value!)
US$205
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewspoolscabindrivekeyutahgasfishing
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The new cabins (do not agree to stay in the old cabins!!) on this property are beautiful, generous in size and well thought out. The kitchen is great for serving large groups and these cabins would make an excellent base camp for any outdoor adventure you could dream up for the area. The customer service is greatly lacking though. When we first checked in, we were given the key to a unit that was already being used. Imagine my embarrassment when I walked into a unit only to find somebody in there, taking a nap! I spent the rest of our stay wondering/worrying about who/if someone else got our second key. Also, not all the outside doors had a deadbolt on them. Our tv did not connect to the satellite even though there was a box attached and receiving a signal. When I called the front desk to ask for help, I was told by two different employees that they had no idea how to work the system and couldn't help me. I would recommend that someone stay here if they had no other comprable choices, but don't expect the staff to go the extra mile or to really care, come prepared to solve your own problems if necessary. The area is covered with lots of little lodges and cabins if you expand your search area by just 20 miles you should get lots of options.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We have only left home for Christmas one other time and it was so much fun we had the opportunity to go with some extended family to Ponds Lodge. We had a great time. The Duplex we stayed in was easy to get in and out of with our trucks and 4place snowmobile trailers. The personnel in the Lodge were helpful and friendly. The snow and the view was amazing. Even watching them plow the 3' of snow from the drive was fun to watch. It was relaxing and so much fun. The duplex was so roomy and warm. The colors gave everything a relaxing feeling. The kitchen was stocked and user friendly. I can't say enough about our accomodations. I had one son that wasn't able to go with us. We will definately be going back again!!!! As I'm reading the questions below I have to say that this stay would be whatever the person chooses to make out of it. Whether it be rough and rugged, quiet and romantic, just all out fun or you could think it sucks if you so choose to make it that way.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank soccer7
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We arrived on Christmas eve day at our duplex at Ponds. Everything was clean, warm and very inviting. Decor was tastefully done, but not overdone. Kitchen was clean and well stocked.

That night it snowed 3 ft of the most beautiful light powder that Idaho has ever seen! Perfect conditions for a stay centered around snowmobiling. Epic powder, bluebird skies, and a warm comfortable place to stay. It was the best family vacation that I have ever been on. I would highly recomend this place to stay to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank redsled660
Reviewed 3 April 2009

We took our small children on a trip to Yellowstone and surrounding areas. Ponds lodge was perfect for families. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has choices that my kids enjoyed and a great selection for my wife and me. The kids played in the Buffalo River which was a few steps from our cabin. It is a shallow, slow moving river that was perfect for kids to wade in and explore.

The staff was helpful and the service was great.

There are several Yellowstone quality wonders to visit within just a couple of miles of Ponds Lodge including Upper and Lower Mesa Falls and Big Springs. The kids loved feeding the fish in the crystal clear pools of Big Springs. Bring plenty of quarters to buy fish food!

The trip was truly relaxing, which is not at all common when traveling with kids. We loved waking up in the morning with the cabin windows open and listening to all of the bird calls in the morning stillness. We can't wait to go back again next summer.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank boisefamily7
Reviewed 4 January 2009

The cabin we stayed in was brand new, modern, and clean. We were there for a snowmobile trip and enjoyed Pond's Lodge and our accomodations thoroughly. We expected cabins to be like the ones the other reviewers complained about. Our group is not yuppies so we didn't care, we were there to recreate, and the accomodations are secondary, so we were very pleasantly surprised to stay in a new log home with 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a full kitchen.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)