All reviewsconvenience storepoolscabindrivekeygasfishinghighway
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We recently stayed at Ponds lodge and rented two cabins for our family. The first cabin was an older cabin that accepted pets. From the outside the cabin looks pretty warn down and the inside is not much better. The windows on the first floor don't lock and do not have screens, plus there is a good 1/2" gap between the sliders that allows mosquitos to get in. About half of the light bulbs and a few of the electrical outlets did not work. We couldn't use the ceiling fan because it wobbled so much and made so much noise we were afraid it would tear from the ceiling at any moment. One of the beds had dirty sheets on it.. we could tell because of the dried vomit that was left on it.

The other cabin was a newer cabin that by the looks, appeared very nice. On closer inspection, carpenter ants were running all over the counters and walls. The furniture and counters had sawdust on them from the ants eating the cabin. The dishwasher didn't work and the barbeque's lighter was broken. We didn't use the hot tub because the water appeared dirty. I know this is a cabin, but if they charge you for the amentities shouldn't you be able to use them?

The road around the cabin is absolutely terrible. I drove our four wheel drive and I am glad I did. The dirt road is full of large rocks and pot holes so you had to be very careful and it made me wonder how cars would fare on it.

When we pointed out the flaws and complained to the manager he just said he was sorry and offered us breakfast at the lodge.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere if you are staying in the area because there are lots of options for you to choose.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank bombero123
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed here again this past winter for a snowmobile trip and enjoyed it very much. We rented one of the newer cabins behind the lodge (a different one from last year) and it was very large, very nice and the price was right. The food at the lodge was great and the employees remembered us from the previous year. I would recommend Pond's Lodge to anyone looking for reasonable lodging in the winter.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Me and my wife went on a trip to Yellowstone and found this lodge on-line by luck. I have to say we were more then satisfied not only with the room but the hospitality better then we could ever ask for. We personally would like to thank the staff at Ponds Lodge and would highly recommend anybody to give this place a look if staying in Island Park or planning on attending anything near it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The new cabins (do not agree to stay in the old cabins!!) on this property are beautiful, generous in size and well thought out. The kitchen is great for serving large groups and these cabins would make an excellent base camp for any outdoor adventure you could dream up for the area. The customer service is greatly lacking though. When we first checked in, we were given the key to a unit that was already being used. Imagine my embarrassment when I walked into a unit only to find somebody in there, taking a nap! I spent the rest of our stay wondering/worrying about who/if someone else got our second key. Also, not all the outside doors had a deadbolt on them. Our tv did not connect to the satellite even though there was a box attached and receiving a signal. When I called the front desk to ask for help, I was told by two different employees that they had no idea how to work the system and couldn't help me. I would recommend that someone stay here if they had no other comprable choices, but don't expect the staff to go the extra mile or to really care, come prepared to solve your own problems if necessary. The area is covered with lots of little lodges and cabins if you expand your search area by just 20 miles you should get lots of options.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We have only left home for Christmas one other time and it was so much fun we had the opportunity to go with some extended family to Ponds Lodge. We had a great time. The Duplex we stayed in was easy to get in and out of with our trucks and 4place snowmobile trailers. The personnel in the Lodge were helpful and friendly. The snow and the view was amazing. Even watching them plow the 3' of snow from the drive was fun to watch. It was relaxing and so much fun. The duplex was so roomy and warm. The colors gave everything a relaxing feeling. The kitchen was stocked and user friendly. I can't say enough about our accomodations. I had one son that wasn't able to go with us. We will definately be going back again!!!! As I'm reading the questions below I have to say that this stay would be whatever the person chooses to make out of it. Whether it be rough and rugged, quiet and romantic, just all out fun or you could think it sucks if you so choose to make it that way.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family