“Nice cabin for the $!”

The Drift Lodge
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Nice cabin for the $!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I chose the small cabin w/o kitchen, but it had a coffee maker, small refrigerator and microwave. The cabin was clean and well-kept. It was the perfect embarkation point for snowmobiling. The Drift Lodge is a pet-friendly hotel, but be wary if bringing small pets. I had two small dogs, which I keep crated when out of the room. It was difficult to manage them, even for potty breaks because of the extremely large dogs running about the property. One in particular, a malamute, jumped upon our porch both day and night and as I result I hardly got ANY sleep, due to my crated dogs barking at the large animal. Although I booked the cabin for two nights, there was only one packet of coffee in the room, but fortunately I had brought my own. Two more small problems...the bathtub/shower was extremely slick and had no rubber mat. I fell while attempting to get out, and the towel rack kept falling off of the wall. I will definitely book another stay, however, perhaps without bringing my pets next time. The few problems that I experienced was small in comparison to the atmosphere and value.

Room Tip: I only saw the cabin that we rented, but it was a very good value.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank D Y

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
Blackwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

You have to research this before you book as it may not be for you. If you want the pool, the restaurant and shops and people then look elsewhere. You don't need GPS to find it, it's not remote at all, it's on the main highway and a short drive to Yellowstone. We only booked one night and wished we'd booked more to do a spot of fishing in the nearby lake. The cabin was an older style but had been redone inside to a very good standard. The furnishings were all in a charming rustic/cabin fashion with full kitchen facilities. The beds and bathroom were spotless, it was one of the best nights sleep with fantastic views in the morning. There was nothing better than having a steak and a beer on the veranda and looking at the stars. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TyDe_21
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the first time I rated a lodging place. This is in Idaho, in a country side, in a residential area combined with commercial. The rooms are decent to be fair to the owners. But looking for this place using GPS, map quest, yahoo map, google wasi impossible. We found the place after on our way back to the town. There are no pathway lights and have a dog that is unleashed. Very dissapointing. I told booking.com to take this out of their list of hotels; security, accessibility, customer service are all sub-par.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Boching

Travellers are raving about these Island Park hotels

Southwest Ranches, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel was a group of cabins. We got there late and left early so we basically used it as a place to sleep and not more. I don't believe there were any amenities other than just the lodging (no pool or restaurant that I saw) We got through yellowstone late and called to let them know that we were on the way. They told us the office closed at 7 but they would be there 'til 9. As a result we had to hurry down there to check in and then go have dinner after that. The room had a futon, a twin over full bunk and a separate bedroom with a queen bed, which was very comfortable. The accomodations were comfortable. There was a full sized refridgerator and a microwave which was a plus because we were travelling with small kids. However, the microwave wasn't clean. When we told the proprietor she got a little defensive that she had cleaned the place herself. I didn't like that the towels were all different colors. I prefer white towels in a hotel where you can tell that they are really clean. I saw a coffee pot but didn't see coffee supplies. In the end, it served our purpose. The cabin slept 7 and was $139/night which was a good deal and far less expensive than West Yellowstone. Its about half an hour from the entrance of Yellowstone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Priscila P
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here for one night before heading into Yellowstone the next day. We had a queen cabin. Although the cabin itself is obviously quite old, it was completely redone on the inside just recently. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on! The cabin had a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. Also had Direct TV. This was by far the cheapest price I found in the Yellowstone area, and it was an absolute gem. I would stay here again without question. Probably about 15 minutes from the West entrance to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Cabin A rocked!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone
#2 of 39 in West Yellowstone
Timbers Condominiums at Island Park

Been to The Drift Lodge? Share your experiences!