“Cutest Ranch Hands In Town!”

Yellowstone Horses - Eagle Ridge Ranch
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Island Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding for the family! Go on a half day ride near the Continental Divide, come back and eat your lunch and then for no extra charge go fishing in one of the private ponds here at the ranch. Wildlife is seen on nearly every ride and you'll love the great western atmosphere. Be sure and bring you camera!
Salt Lake City
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Cutest Ranch Hands In Town!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

FABULOUS EXPERIENCE! I called Susan and made reservations for three (the kids & me) for the afternoon ride. I had to re-schedule for the 4pm ride (the husband and his uncle took the boy fly-fishing on the Madison), and then I had to cancel completely (the girl caught a stomache bug), and then I had to re-book for the 4pm ride for the boy and me (the husband stayed with the girl and her stomache bug friends). HOLY COW, was Susan a kind and patient woman!! The boy (9 years old) and I took the 4pm evening ride with only six other guests, which happened to be returning customers from the day before. Our guide was very patient and caring towards my son, who has never ridden before. Also, our guide didn't just hang out with certain riders, he gave everyone equal amounts of attention and would let others lead and decide where our ride went. We saw some of the most beautiful scenery and went through streams and meadows. I felt like a VonTrapp in Austria and wanted to break out singing, "The Hills are Alive With Music!" There is a pond/lake with hundreds of tadpoles and pollywogs (I am not kidding!), canoes and paddleboats, and a huge rope swing. Which is free to use when you purchase a horseback ride. You can either come early before your ride to swim, boat, catch frogs or you can do those things after your ride. There is bottle water for sale for only $1 and they have complimentary little bags, which hang from your saddle horn, to put your drink or camera in. The boy had the best time ever! Now, on to the serious stuff. There were four ranch hands around and each one was cuter than the previous one! I thought I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone! One welcomed my son & me, another one ran my credit card, another one rounded up the guests to get ready for the ride, and then another one was our guide! There must be something in the water at the Eagle Ridge Ranch -and it's not the frogs!! I would definitely come back and schedule another horseback riding trip due to Susan's hospitality, the activities available, the experienced and patient guides, and the beautiful scenery!

West Yellowstone
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“2000 acres to ride”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid and at 62 years old I was a bit worried if they had a horse big enough to carry my fat behind. I've never seen such a huge collection of horses in one place and they had horses of every size and color to fit every age, size and experience. Our group took the mountain ride which was full of adventure and somewhat challenging but the very experienced guide made everything a great experience. They really know their horses and know every trail on the huge ranch. I would highly recommend this place if you want real expert service.

1 Thank Kuala1313
Odenton, Maryland
“Best Horseback Riding Hands Down”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Staff is very knowledgeable. Wonderful horses great scenery and last but not least the awesome cookout. Highlight of our trip to Yellowstone. Thank you all.

Corona, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience we'll never forget!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family had an amazing time at the Eagle Ridge Ranch horse riding with ranch cookout. First off, the staff was so hospitable! They did a great job putting our first time riders and me (who never planned on riding a horse again) at ease by reassuring us how great their horses were. They were right! Our guide Chris was so friendly and put our group at ease when the weather turned to rain, hail, thunder, and lightning in the middle of our ride. The weather ended up creating an even more memorable experience!
We then returned back to the ranch to warm up by the campfire and ate a ranch style dinner under the trees, and to once again experience the hospitality of all the staff! This was by far one of the best parts of our trip to the Yellowstone area! Definitely will not forget our trip to this ranch!

Washington, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of the Highlights of our trip!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The ride was beautiful and interesting. I mentioned to my daughter what one of favorite things about riding was and the guide heard me and allowed us to ride through the water. The food was wonderful. The scones (not baked but fried) were to good to pass up! It was well worth the price and we went away with wonderful memories and a great family photo.