“Awesome Food! Awesome Staff!!”

The Pines at Island Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Island Park
Cuisines: American
Description: This historic lodge used to be called Phillips Lodge. They offer lodging and a very nice restaurant.
Island Park, Idaho
“Awesome Food! Awesome Staff!!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've eaten at The Pines for over 15 years! Great food and prices are competitive with the other area restaurants. Wonderful/helpful staff. Cabins are beautiful! Internet....not needed. I love the idea of having a peaceful meal without interruption. I also love the idea that there is no "down" time. They are always open and eager to accommodate their guests. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! :)

• Visited November 2013

London
“An average meal”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'm not going to rave about this place. Everything was 'ok'. Nothing stood out particularly - neither was anything particularly bad. The steak was nice, but I've had better. The baked potato and corn was on the cool side as if it had been hanging around on the plate a little to long before it was bought to the table. The service was alright too - but nothing amazing. Given this is pretty much in the middle of nowhere I guess they can get away with it - and if you are passing by there's not much harm to be done by stopping for a bite - just don't expect to be amazed...

• Visited August 2013
Sunny Isles, Florida, United States
“Very nice place, but NO INTERNET”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I think it is my assumption that there should be internet at every lodging facility in US. This one has the wi-fi close to the main office, but there is no network in the units and thats a bummer, because they could have done it without much expenses.
The place itself is pretty good. Clean Comfortable. Hot tubs outside are very handy after days of driving, walking and hiking.
We had a one bedroom unit and it only had a microwave! What a bummer when you have 2 kids. They could have put у small electric range, but NOTHING. On the pictures they show a full kitchen but they did not say anything to us.
Next time I will stay somewhere else.

Visited August 2013
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Certainly worth eating here”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were staying at the Pines, so this restaurant was very convenient. I love being able to walk to a restaurant instead of driving especially after being in the car all day.

The restaurant does not stay open late. As we arrived much later than expected, we were worried the restaurant would be closed. I believe they close at 8 pm.

We ended up eating here twice – once for dinner and once for lunch. We tried to eat here a second dinner, but the wait was too long. There was a table with about 14 people and the waitresses seemed overwhelmed. I’ve learned that when the waitresses are frazzled, there is no reason to stay as the night usually gets worse. Better to leave while we could.

For the dinner we ordered the fried shrimp, porterhouse (cooked perfectly!), ribs (a little dry, but they came off the bone easily), and the rib eye. The baked potato was good, the beef stew (soup of the day) very good. The salad had a nice addition of cheese. The huckleberry dressing was fun and different. The rosemary sourdough bread was warm and pleasant. The dinner menu is limited. The wine list was tiny, but well-rounded and reasonably priced.

Debbie was our waitress both times, and she was wonderful! She talked us out of getting two of the chocolate tower cakes. Good thing she did! Our two teenage boys couldn’t finish one. They LOVED it.

For lunch we had the fish and chips with onion rings. Okay, but nothing special.

Both the boys ordered the Mt. Jefferson burger. It was HUGE. Double cheeseburger with bacon, ham, onion rings, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles. No human being should eat this much, but my boys loved it.

I’m torn between giving this restaurant a 3 or a 4. There aren’t a lot of restaurants in this area, so I would give it a 4, but I don’t want to raise any expectations. The food is good, but not great.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ttttraveler
Rexburg, Idaho
“Great little place off the beaten path”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to this place for years. Always a winner! It's difficult to find. Coming north on hwy. 20, after "Last Chance" look for a little sign the says "Philips Loop Road" off to the right. Take it, this runs you right in front if the restaurant. Coming from north to south on hwy. 20, take a left at the Elk Creek gas station and head south. Pastrami burger is always a winner, fish, steak, chicken strips are high quality, everything just tastes great. Best of all is the setting. Gorgeous wood building, it's like a small Old Faithful Inn with no people. The portions are
huge. The waitresses have always been kind and accommodating. Food doesn't come out quick, so don't be in a rush. When you're burning hit in the summer, head in here to cool off and get a hearty meal. When you're freezing cold in the winter, head in here to warm up with a hearty meal. It's just a great place, with a palpable
history as you sit and enjoy.

• Visited July 2013