“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Island Park
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Booked this place last minute and was worried about what we would get. The room was not that clean, a few spider webs where there should not be. On a whole though this lodge provides the whole package - room, restaurant and bar with a fabulous view of the river and country side.

Ideally suited for the fishermen and not a very long drive to West Yellowstone.

Room Tip: This is an accommodation option away from West Yellowstone but within and easy drive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Tucked away on Henry's Fork in Northern Idaho this river front restaurant served decent and reasonably priced meals. Clam chowder was excellent!

• Stayed July 2012
Spring Church, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights after changes had to be made to my itinerary. It's beautifully located on the Snake River and the room was comfortable enough after the security chain on the door was replaced and the screen in the window was replaced. That did take longer than I expected. The room had a coffeemaker, microwave and fridge and had promised "free wi-fi available in every room." That was not true. In my room the signal was so weak that I had to take my laptop to the lobby to skype with my husband. This may not be a big deal for most people, but when you say things are offered as part of the price of the room, I base my decisions on these promises. I would not stay with Dede and Dave again. My money is hard earned and in regards to this matter, I was treated as a non-entity - completely dismissed.

Room Tip: What you advertise matters to those of us making traveling decisions. Provide what you promise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Terri S
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2012

After spending the day at Yellowstone we found all the hotels in West Yellowstone were booked, turned out to be our lucky day. Driving down the road we stumbled upon the Angler's Lodge. A friendly desk clerk and beautiful lobby were enough to convince us to give it a try. Ther room was wonderful, complete with a Jacuzzi tub and 4 poster country bed. The bartender was friendly and we had a long chat with the owner. The most amazing part of the hotel was the view of the river from just about everywhere in the hotel. It was very relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch the fly fishermen wade the river. We would definitely stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22, if it's available, grab it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I am only reviewing the restaurant.. I was looking for a good meal after a week of eating camp food and fishing The Henry's Fork. There are few restaurants in the area so I gave The Angler a shot this early August evening. When I walked in the restaurant/hotel lobby no one was there to greet or seat me so I helped myself to a seat at their counter style bar. After sitting there for a few minutes observing a child sitting on the floor swatting and playing with flies a "waitress" approached me and asked "Whaddya have" I asked to see a menu, which she obliged by handing me a food stained menu..then she vanished. A couple of fisherman came in and sat down a few feet away from me. The waitress returned and began flirting with the men. Finally she returned to me and allowed me to order a beer, their soup du jour (sweet potato soup) and the Chicken Marsala., all the while she was leaning over and and attempting to grasp my hand. The little fly swatting child at this time got off the floor and walked into the kitchen with fly swatter in tow and returned carrying out three glasses of water over to a table that had just sat down in this eerily quiet restaurant.There was no way he had time to wash his hands prior to to touching their water glasses. The presumed owner/mother of the child then approached the him and sent him on some errand. A few minutes went by and I received my soup which tasted like a mashed sweet potato (actually a yam..yes they are two similar but different vegetables) with nothing else but water added..very bland. after about two spoonfulls I received my main course. The button mushrooms in the Chicken Marsala were black in color (obviously old) and the old freezer burned and undercoooked chicken was rubbery and flavorless and it seemed as if thet just splashed the dish at the end with a shot of cheap marsala. I consumed less than a quarter of my entire meal..no one checked to see if I was enjoying my dinner they just left a bill for me upon delivery of my so-called food. I wanted to put the bill on my credit card but I could not find my server..although I could hear her screaming in the kitchen with their "Chef" I paid in cash still tipping 18 percent.(only because I have worked in this industry as well) and went to use their shoe-box sized restroom on my departure. The restrooom door knob almost came off, the toilet would not flush properly,and their were no paper towels not to mention the strong urine smell . Some of these things could be overlooked but not on a slow evening when it was only 7:30 pm. when I left the building my server was now outside crying and using expletives with the presumed owner/manager (fly-swatter's mother) near the entrance to the building. I was checking the place out for a possible future outing for a large group of my friends who are all fisherman and enjoy good, creative, moderately priced cuisine. There is another bar/flyshop/restaurant just a few hundred yards away that will provide us with a better option this August/September.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnL676767
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2011

No warm greeting. Room was ok, dining service was terrible. We actually had to go into the kitchen every time we wanted to order or needed anything. What was poured out of a Kahlua bottle was an off-brand. Wasn't terrible but not worth the money. We picked it because we thought we'd be dividing time more between Yellowstone and Rigby, but we wish we would have stayed closer to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was not romantic.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRW48038
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I liked the rooms and the hotel. It was cool and what I expect for a visit to Yellowstone and the surrounding area.

Service is blah, front deak wouldn't help me print something off of their computer. Overcharged me for bug spray after freaking out my wife on the potential of massive bug swarms. Which we didn't have happen.

But a fun, rustic cabin like experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#10 of 39 in West Yellowstone
Moose Creek Inn
Moose Creek Inn
#14 of 39 in West Yellowstone

Been to Angler's Lodge? Share your experiences!