Sawtelle Mountain Resort
Angler's Lodge(Island Park)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$129
  • Restaurant
River Lodge(Island Park)
US$159
US$150
US$204
TripAdvisor
Yellowstone West Gate Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$297
1872 Inn(West Yellowstone)
US$462
US$419
Trouthunter Lodge(Island Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
The Drift Lodge(Island Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswest yellowstonerv parknew buildingtoy haulerpretty leveloffice closesa couple daysbathroom sinkfridge and microwavebeds were comfortablethe private hot tubbeautiful areagas stationgolf coursemotelsnowmobilepad
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was never treated better at any other place that I have ever stayed at. I was there for 10 nights in July this year, and I will be back when I get back out in that area again. It was great, and close the Yellowstone Park. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ra1937
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We got there and checked in ,in the evening. We opened the door.... It was a mess. They didn't clean from the people from the night before. Both beds were slept in and towels on the floor. We left and ate across the way. When we got back I had pulled the sheets back and lifted the pilows by the head board checking for bed bugs instead I found blood stains on the side of the mattress and on the floor. The lady at the front desk didn't refund or even discount the rate for the housekeping mishap. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Tipywos
Reviewed 24 June 2011

A good alternative to west yellowstone, if you are willing to drive 20 or 25 miles south/west. But no one local answers the phone in the evening, so don't expect directions, get directions before 6pm.

Room Tip: get directions early!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We were hoping to use hot tub and pool only to find out after driving 10 hours that both were broken down and we had booked 4 nights. Bed felt like sleeping on cardboard too. We cancelled and still got charged for the first night after clerk said "Youd leave because of no pool or hot tub"? After driving 10 hours-seriously how could anyone ask that question?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Sawtelle Mountain Resort - sounds great - doesn't it? We stayed there for 3 days to tour Yellowstone. Now mind you, we are not picky or germaphobic, however the place is just plain dingy. Dust all over the tv, dirty old bedspread, the place is a hotel trailer. There are screws in the bathroom walls and trailer type ceilings in the closet. We asked about wifi - "oh no - only in the lobby". okay, we asked about the hot tub - "oh it's broken and needs to be replaced". okay. we asked why we only had 1 tv station which was FX, "satellite company hasn't fixed it yet", okay, we asked about the ice machine, "oh that thing never works right". The attitude at the front desk was so rude. The last night I said "Is the tv service back on?" she said: "nope - sorry". with an almost snotty attitude. For three nights the cost was 223.00 with tax and we also booked it online. The shower was pitiful and not clean looking. The water temperature constantly changed from severe hot to cold. Lovely. There was no chair in the tiny sad room. It was either sit on the bed or floor. My husband and I are older and with an old lumpy, thin bed - you needed something to sit on for these tired old bones. I think I could have tolerated nothing working, but with the attitudes of the front desk personnel, that was the pudding on the cake. Also, the flourescent lighting in the room flickered if you had it on. We had to keep them off. The personnel said "we've changed them already". Our door didn't work correctly. Sometimes you had to go get the master key to open it. They admitted it never worked right. The swimming pool was working - WOW - we went and looked and it was cloudy - ewwww. Didn't want to go in that water. The restaurant was not open - nowhere really to eat.

Please - go somewhere else. The back pains and other issues were not worth the lower price.

Sawtelle Mountain Resort. I think they meant trailer resort-ish!!

Room Tip: Try Super 8 or Motel 6 if you are on budget!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple