“If you want it, you better ask for it.”

Sawtelle Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Island Park
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The location is beautiful. Once we checked in, we found our RV site, perched on the side of a hill a mountain goat couldn't negotiate. We returned to the office and after much hesitation was given another site. We then discovered the bathroom/showers were permanently closed and we hadn't been given the password for internet service. Back to the office. I then hooked up to the cable TV that they proudly advertise and got no reception. Back to the office, where I was told that they really don't have cable in the park and need to change their sign. I asked about the shower/bathroom situation and was told we would have to come up (steep hill) and use the pool facilities.
The place is run by teenagers who have no clue about customer service. It's a shame there are so many problems going on here because the RV park is nestled in a stand of pines and is gorgeous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Checked by a very young kid and when I decided to look at they articles for sale in the office I walked to the back to find a young girl sprawled out on the couch. Also after we returned from our trip we got a bill for $27.00 for a beach towel they claim we took, We did not take the beach towel and I even washed the towels like it was said we had to......which I did not know when I made the reservations or I would not have stayed there I am on vacation what do they have housekeeping for?

I called long distance to tell them I do not have the towel and all they could say to me was "Housekeeping said you were missing a beach towel.....maybe they should check with their house keepers.....DO NOT BOTHER STAYING THERE!!!! you moght get charged for something housekeeping needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jzul93
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had a reservation but had to cancel for a death in the family and even offered to send up a death certificate and they still refused to cancel my reservation and still charged me for the night there. They said if they believed every call like this they would be out of business but if they treat people like this they are going to be out of business even faster!! Never going there! Not impressed!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vinasdaughter
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was here for a one night stay after visiting Yellowstone.

At the check-in there were some young girls and young boys hanging out. I don't know if they all worked at that place, but it did not give me a welcome feeling. They looked like teenagers that were running this place.

It gave me a little bit an unsave feeling to seey young boys hanging out at the front desk with the lady that was working there.

When I went to the room, it was small, dirty and everything was old and cheap. The bed was not comfy, and it was very hot.

The Wifi was very bad and in my room there was no internet connection.

Lucky as I was, it was only a one night stay. But for the same price I could have find much much better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Zoubeir87
Reviewed 28 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 March 2013

condo location fantastic but this place really needs a working manager. the heater next to the door didnt work, the light switch had a short in it and buzzed and sparked when used, the upsatairs mattress was so old and broken down you couldnt sleep on it and the deadbolt for the adjoining room wasnt locked making anyone able to come into our room at any time.(didnt notice this untill the 9th day we were there) the only person i was able to explain this to was a maintenace man, which nothing ever got resolved. they do have private hot tubs. if you go in the winter, make sure you plan a safe way out of the hot tub as there is no steps to get into the high hot tub and the water will freeze when you get out. very dangerous

Room Tip: if you go during busy season, try for a end unit, it would be alot quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve D, Manager at Sawtelle Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

We are sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. To clarify, two Mangers were working at the front desk during your stay at Sawtelle Mountain Resort. It is our policy to record all complaints in our computer; however, there was never a complaint given about your cabin. If there was a complaint, we would have sent an employee over immediately to fix the problem.

You did come in and asked for a blow dryer and a manger handed you one and asked how your stay was going. Your reply was that everything was great. We are sorry if the mattresses did not fit your needs. They are actually new and not old. Since it was just you and your wife staying, I'm surprised to hear that you stayed in the loft upstairs, instead of the master bedroom downstairs. Interesting...

As for the lock there is a dead bolt on each side. If you keep your side locked, no one can enter. We would have gladly resolved these concerns during your stay if you would have let someone at the front desk know about them.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I love Sawtelle Mountain Resort! The staff is SUPER friendly! The rooms were clean. We've stayed here several times and never had a problem with them! There condos are fantastic and so worth the price!! They don't have a restruant but remember people this hotel is in the mountains! :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Timbers Condominiums at Island Park
Three Bear Lodge
Three Bear Lodge
#9 of 39 in West Yellowstone

Been to Sawtelle Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!