“Outstanding!”

Clearwater 12 Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kamiah
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Best motel I've stayed in for a long time. Doesn't look like much from the road--wouldn't really think to stop there. But do! Huge, super clean rooms. Best motel bed We've had in years. Ditto pillows! LIKES: big, long useful desk, w/ comfortable chair--desk not taken up w/ TV. Big table that's squared , so good usable space. 110 outlets in base of lamps so no need to crawl around looking for outlets or unplugging stuff. FANTASTIC adjustable shower heads. Big fluffy towels. VERY clean. Nice quilt on beds. Good A/C. Nice soaps and lotions. Usual microwave and fridge ironing board & iron are all fine. WOULD BE USEFUL: larger hangers in closet--too short and everything slips off.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rm. 108 off the road. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daph241
Set22red, Public Relations Manager at Clearwater 12 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Thank you so much for your stellar five star review!

We are glad you took a chance and stayed with us... and that we didn't disappoint! It sounds like you took advantage of all of the amenities... we will work on the hangar issue; thank you for pointing it out!

We hope you will return again soon... Winter is beautiful in Kamiah!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Was on a bike trip headed to Glacier National Park and stopped here for the night. What a surprise to find such a nice hotel with very friendly staff and great rooms at a great price. Rooms were very clean and hotel right along side the Clearwater river.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thanksforthestay

Thank you so much for your five star review!

We are so happy you found your way to our property on your Motorcycle! The ride to get here... and leaving here is truly incredible!

We hope you will return again soon! The Clearwater River; and Kamiah; are beautiful in the winter!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

You never know what you get when you book several months in advance but the 12 was a winner. Judie was a great help and the rooms were more than we could ask for. Great place and value. The breakfast was one of the best and well stocked. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry R

Thank you so much for your kind comments and five star review!

The staff here takes great pride in their work and when they hear their efforts were noticed it means the world to them; I will make sure and pass along the message!

I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our full complementary breakfast!

We hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

first regarding other reviews of a dog barking. we called ahead and asked them about the issue.... they admitted it had been but said they would put us in a room away from that issue. We were in a room up toward the road 105 did NOT hear the dog AT ALL.. Now we road our motorcycle and they allowed us to pull our bike under the walkway right in front of our room window.. AWESOME! it was pouring down rain and THAT earned points with us... Breakfast was not bad. some hot items and some cold. sausage gravy waffels... Yogurt ceral all the basics. they have wipe down rags for the motorcycles. totally appreciated that... good stay at a great price

Room Tip: call ahead and simply talk to them and they will do you right
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle I

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so glad you called ahead and spoke with our front desk staff; they truly are amazing people and I am glad to hear they didn't disappoint!

We love our Motorcycle Riders and I am glad you got to make use of our Motorcycle cleaning kit!

We hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

For less than $60 per night, you will not go wrong! Large room, clean room, king-size bed provided an awesome sleep, full breakfast, chairs and table outside door to enjoy outdoors. Will definitely come back again!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SJMbab

We really do hope you return soon! Also thank you for the five star review; it means the world to us to know you enjoyed your nights stay!

Please return again soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Clearwater 12 offers friendly service, extra large rooms, extra clean rooms, extra comfortable beds, extra ordinary view of the beautiful Kamiah hills which is the beginning of the Nez Perce trail of tears. All is terrific at the 12! Can't wait for my next visit! Thanks, Manager of the 12, Judie!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SueWA
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I arrived in Kamiah, on my way to have an adventure driving along the Clearwater River on highway 12 where three rivers join (Clearwater,Lochsa and Selway). It was a fabulous time of the year...Fall...with leaves a blazing!! I went in to the little casino for a bite to eat, came back out and my keys were no where to be found. The town's lock smith could not get my car open(in case my keys were in it) .I walked down to the motel and was feeling pretty miserable . Judie, the manager handed my her smart phone and said I could use it as long as I needed. I had to call my husband to come and bring another set of keys (he was fishing on the Salmon River..so didn't get my message right away.) I made several calls and finally my insurance company sent a tow truck and that guy got my car open and there were my keys on the floor! A person checking, in drove me down to my car. This whole experience was an eye opener to me. People are so good!!! Not only was Judie so very thoughtful but the room was fabulous!! Coffee Pot,Microwave, huge room, great bed, lovely view (I love the second floor because of the view of the hillside,etc) and stellar breakfast.
The rate was under $60. My husband and I have stayed here many times. Yes, there are stairs to climb for the better view rooms...but this area is so beautiful it is certainly worth the climb. Regarding the "barking dog...in other reviews...didn't hear a thing!! Thanks Judie!!

Room Tip: Second floor for a view. There is no restaurant but the town has good places to eat. The continent...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thelots
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamiah
Best Western Lodge At River's Edge
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#2 of 2 in Grangeville
Hearthstone Elegant Lodge

Been to Clearwater 12 Motel? Share your experiences!