“Old & Outdated”

Silverhorn Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kellogg
Silverhorn Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kellogg
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Checked in after a long day on the road. I will have to say that the lady that check me in was very nice. But, I was too tired to notice all the signs that were telling me this was not a good motel to stay in. First of all we couldn't get a room on the ground floor because they had blocked all those rooms off for painting. That started the problem. I should have realized the oder from the stain would be in the air. 2nd, I realized, too late, that no elevator existed. Stairs were very
hard on my recently injured knee. The room was questionable clean when we entered & my husband likened it to a poor quality Motel 6 which I refuse to stay in. However, the deed was done & we spent the night. No coffee maker in room, no breakfast of any kind offered because
the motel is attached to a restaurant. Not a good value, would never recommed this property and will never use it again.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend to any travelers
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nanameo6

Reviewed 25 August 2012

This place is absolutely DISGUSTING! It is beyond outdated and I don't know how anyone could describe it as nice. Upon entering the motel/hotel (whatever it is) we were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette. The reception carpets were filthy. When we entered our room it looked like we went back in time to the 60's. There is dark, drab wood, icky shag carpet, and a LEATHER, I repeat, LEATHER headboard on the bed! I ripped off the sheets to inspect for signs of bedbugs and didn't find any, however, the mattress is stained with what appears to be blood. There were hairs on the pillows, hairs on the floor in the bathroom (as well as on the back of the toilet tank) and hair in the shower. Luckily for us I always carry Clorox cleaning wipes and cleaned everything down including the headboard which turned the wipe BROWN. This place is AWFUL and I would not recommend it to my worst enemies. If you want to feel grossed out and dirty, then stay here. If not, then you had better stay somewhere else. Sick.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank InspectorClean
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

We had no idea how bad this place was until we got there and had already made reservations. We had a nonsmoking room but it was only a few doors down from smoking rooms so the entire place reeked of cigarettes. The tv must have been one from the 60s but at least it worked. It was so dark, drab and extremely outdated with old scratched up paneled dark brown wood. Just an awful place that should close down.
I would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Trailrunner41
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have stayed at this motel about 5 times and eaten at the restaurant 3 times.

They have always been great.

There was a previous review remarking about the restaurant service. My comment on this is that perhaps the waitress that night was having a bad day or was distracted. It is a small town and if the waitress knows other patrons then she might be talking with them too much. Don't take it personally.

I think that the hotel and restaurant are two different companies.

The service at the hotel is great. Very friendly and accomidating.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stopped in here twice. The front desk staff are friendly, the place is clean, and the location is quiet. I look for the opportunity to stay. Don't expect any frills... and there are some quirks (a remote assigned you at the desk, a dog behind the desk, dark hallways), but for a mom & pop place, the price is good, and the rooms comfy. Btw, make time for a meal in their restaurant. It's well worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had a group of 10. So, I ran in to see if they had room to seat us all (we had 5 adults and 5 children). They seemed very pleased until the rest of my group came in...
We are an interracial group of friends and family meeting from Montana and Olympia WA area. Once we were finally seated they ignored us. Then, when one waitress was bringing the coffee around, she went around our group all together. When the wait staff did come by she about threw a thermos of coffee on the table. “This is your coffee” and rushed off and proceeded to wait on guests who arrived long after our group. Didn’t even ask if that is what we wanted.
It was QUITE clear they did not want us in the restaurant. After 30 minutes we got up and left. The sad part is the restaurant had a sign that said “Proud to support our Troops”. We had two US Army soldiers in our group. I think they need to take the sign down. It is false advertisement.
It was a horrible experience… We will never go back :0(

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nnp1978
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My fiancée and I stayed at this hotel. We were traveling from Spokane to the Silvervalley and we were going to stay in Coeur D' Alane because of the summer time every motel we tried was full so we decided just to go on. We finally came to a motel in Kellogg. We checked into our room which was just a plain room nothing spectacular, but with arriving close to midnight we really didn't need anything to special. The only complaint I had a first was that there were very little available plug-ins. The TV and VCR was plugged into one outlet, the mini fridge and clock was plugged into the other. The only available plug in was clear across the room by the sink. I unplugged the fridge to be able to charge my phone over night. I then plugged it in and tried to put something in the microwave but realized that it wasn’t plugged in. I then unplugged the clock and plugged the microwave in. We checked out by 10:30 which check out was 11:00. Upon checking my bank account on the following Monday I noticed that I was charged an extra $25. I called that night and was told to call back in the morning and speak with the manager. I called back at 7:30 and gave the lady my name. She told me that I was overcharged because there was a power strip cord missing from the room. I told her that there was no power strip cord in the re when we arrived that is why I had to unplug and plug in the appliances. She told me that there is one guy that rents that room on a normal basis and that he left for the weekend and we were the first ones to rent it. So I had to of been us that took it. I again told her that it wasn’t there and she told me that she stripped the room and it was there when she did it. I told her that if I wanted to steal something it wouldn’t have been a power cord that I could have bought for less than the $25 she was charging me for and she said it was $50 and it had a battery power back up on it. I told her that that proves that I didn’t take it because I didn’t even know it was an expensive one. She told me that there was nothing she could do because it was there and now it isn’t!

On the service part of the question I picked not sure because our service turned out great the lady that checked me in was very friendly and kind very bubbly, but the lady that I had to deal with on the phone wasn't very kind at all and wasn't even willing to look into the situation like maybe a made removed the cord or something. I really hate for one bad apple to spoile the bunch but she did it for us and we will not return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kellogg
FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
#2 of 2 in Kellogg
La Maison sur le Hill
La Maison sur le Hill
#1 of 2 in Kellogg

Been to Silverhorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!