“Friendly staff, average hotel”

FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kellogg
Göteborg
“Friendly staff, average hotel”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was very friendly both on the phone when we made our reservations, and in person. Note, I got a better rate when I called the hotel compaired to the prices I saw online.

The room was clean and of average standard. It looked a bit worn in some places, especially in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and there was a comfotable reclinable chair in the room, which I have never seen in a hotel before. This was a nice touch as it is not always comfortable to watch TV on the bed in a hotel.

Our room was located next to the hotel's laundry room. Unfortunately, the staff started doing laundry early in the morning (8am?); the machines were very loud and could be heard through the wall into our room, disturbing our sleep. I think we stayed in room 114, so I would suggest requesting a different room.

The hotel has a pool and hot tub which are accessable 24 hours. However, there was no shower in the pool area meaning that guests do not shower before using the pool, which let's face it, is pretty gross. We wanted to sit in the hot tub in the evening, but it had been taken over by a group of mountain bikers who were soaking their feet in the hot water. There was dirt floating around in the hot tub --not very inviting.

The breakfast was a standard continental breaskfast including "Belgian waffles." The coffee was very weak by european standards.

In general this was a pleasant experience and a good value for money, but the pool area would benefit from having a shower. I would stay here again, but would request a different room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmericanSwedie
alexhartrmh, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of hot tub. We do actually have a shower located just across the hall in our fitness room for our guests to shower off before entering the pool and hot tub. I am also sorry for the noise disturbance. We don't usually start laundry until 10am but someone may have been enthusiastic to get work done sooner that day! I would love to see you guys again soon as we complete more renovations so I can prove that we are more than just an average hotel!

Alex Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed there just one night doing some biking on the Hiawatha Trail and the Trail of the Couer d' Alenes of which it is right on. It was very clean, quiet and comfortable with a good breakfast.The king size bed was perfect and the room was very quiet. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I will stay there again when back in the area. We found a great place to eat at The Moose Creek Grill and enjoyed the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
alexhartrmh, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay while bicycling our area. I was also happy to hear you enjoyed the Moose Creek they really are a fabulous restaurant! We look forward to seeing you again for some more bicycling or some skiing.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here one (short) night in July 2013. Can't say much about the surrounding area, as we really just drove by. The hotel itself was very basic. Room decor and breakfast were simple and plain. On the other hand, the price was good :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I hope we get to see you again soon, so we can prove to you that the area and hotel are more than average! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you within your price range, but the hotel and the area have so much more to offer. We hope you can try some of our world class biking, or family friendly skiing.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

After driving from Missoula through to Kellogg, just trying to find a hotel with a room, we finally found this hotel. We have never stayed at a Guesthouse Inn before and we were pleasantly surprised. The girl at the front desk, "Jayne" was very helpful. A little hyper maybe, but very nice and accommodating. When we couldn't find her (because we took a wrong exit), I called and she gave directions. When we were pulling up, she was out front to wave us in:) the room was very clean, very quiet, was pet friendly and had comfortable beds. The breakfast was very busy but very good. We will definitely stay here again and will check out other Guesthouse chains during our travels.

1 Thank LMS46
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel! I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass kudos along to Jayne for a job well done, I assure you she is super friendly and hyper all the time! We look forward to seeing you again on your travels!

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here for four nights while we did some biking in the area. They are right on the Trail of the CdA, so that was convenient. We had a room with a king size bed, so we had space for two bikes in our room. We appreciated the fridge and microwave. The breakfast was adequate although not fancy or extensive. We walked to dinner each evening, one night at Noahs across the road and the other at Moose Creek Grill. The hotel pool, indoors, is a bit on the cool side, but actually perfect for sore muscles. The hot tub has some of the most vigorous jets I have ever seen - felt wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is invaluable to our hotel! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved our hot tub. I agree that the Moose Creek is a fantastic restaurant! We look forward to seeing you again for some more bicycling!

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderful! They even called a local restaurant so they would stay open for us. I will definately stay here again.

Besides being charming they had a lot of nice touches. The shower curtain was tide with a flower. They had tea, coffee, hot cider and hot chocolate option to make . The pool was nice and the staff friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Zleeb
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel! I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass kudos on to my staff for helping you find a great restaurant! We look forward to seeing you back in the area for some skiing or bicycling.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We biked from Harrison to Kellogg and spent the night in Kellogg with a return the next day. It was a little noisy with motorcycles & 70 somethings reunion, but not bad. Folks were friendly and the price was ok for summer. It's a bit of an older hotel, but overall was clean, shower was hot..I'd stay again if I was in Kellogg.

Room Tip: Maybe top floor away from the road...towards the ski hill.